Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Today is my Friday, since I have a comp day tomorrow (for working so much overtime -whew!). I also have a pre-production meeting via Skype tomorrow with my publisher, which I'm both thrilled AND extremely nervous about.

Hold my hand?

Good Luck!!!

Hope it goes well for you, Dorothy! :Hug2:

Hi Netz :)

I looked everywhere and could not find what "YAWNing" is.

It is a Share Your Work thread. You go into Share Your Work, after putting in the password, and then go down to the Young Adult thread, and somewhere in there near the top should be the 'YAWN' thread [aka: YAWriteNow] ;)

Lucia

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chooseya.com
Good luck, Dorothy!

And thanks parumpdragon for explaining YAWNing, I was a little confused!

Hope everyone is well today. I finally figured out what was wrong with my writing; I tried to bring a character in too soon, so I've more deeply planned the next few chapters and I feel back on track :) Also I got my first MA portfolio back, which was more literary fiction than ya and I thought I had failed on and I was only 2 marks off a merit so I'm hoping with my YA modules added in I should definitely get a merit on my degree :D

5398cane

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys, Im back. Had to beat life into submission, but it eventually quit and gave up. We had a long talk me and life, one of us had to strighten up.

yellowhammer

Registered
Reaction score
Sometimes a busy schedule helps my writing, and sometimes it doesn't. I was just thinking about what Sage said about having to go to work... A commodity of time sometimes makes me really efficient when I do have time to write. But, if we're being honest, how awesome would it be to be Stephenie M. and just wake up, work on the next book for a little bit, and then ride your unicorn all day?

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone! And happy writing!

Happy writing to you!

Good luck, Dorothy!

And thanks parumpdragon for explaining YAWNing, I was a little confused!

Yeah, it is a bit confusing. It took several wonderful AWers explaining when I first joined, for me to get the details straight ;)

Sometimes a busy schedule helps my writing, and sometimes it doesn't...

:roll:

I like the part about the unicorn!

Tiz_Mee

iz bossy . . .
Registered
Reaction score
I just wanted to pop in and say Hi.

I've been lurking. I used to post here years ago, but I went MIA for awhile.

Hi Parump-nice to see you again :)

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Sometimes a busy schedule helps my writing, and sometimes it doesn't. I was just thinking about what Sage said about having to go to work... A commodity of time sometimes makes me really efficient when I do have time to write. But, if we're being honest, how awesome would it be to be Stephenie M. and just wake up, work on the next book for a little bit, and then ride your unicorn all day?
LOL, love it.

Honestly, though, most of the year, I'm not this productive. And even when I am this productive (like in NaNo), it's not enjoyable. The last time I felt as into my novel as I was last night was a full two years ago (when I wrote the last third of Hero/Villain in like 4 days). I did have a lot of fun last August with my 3-day novel, which was certainly the end of the slump of writing-is-torture that came after H/V, but I didn't feel the intensity of that novel they way I felt last night's writing.

I'm trying to keep myself in the writer state of mind by playing my soundtrack and writing music all day. Unfortunately, it's one of those days when my Supe is downstairs in the lab too and he does not know how to leave us alone when we're feeling anti-social.

allisonrussell

I object
Registered
Reaction score
Website
allisonsrussell.blogspot.com

My side hurts now. I laughed too hard.

On Wikipedia, her bio says something about her husband quitting his job to help raise their kids. They made it seem like it was some huge sacrifice.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, be nice. Twilight may not be all that great, but.... It could've been a sacrifice. Maybe not monetarily, but personally. It may have been a job he enjoyed, but decided his kids were more important. ...I don't know. Don't judge a woman--or her family--by her books. :tongue

Netz

Freshly caught writing bug lives!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The view from my stained glass window suggests by

Hi, parumpdragon (and everyone else!). :D

I've been working on my first book again lately. I thought I had it pretty well polished, but I've managed to shave off 2k since going over it with a fine tooth-comb (I have my 'serious editor' hat on) - I'm chuffed. :)

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Dude, if I had the success and money that SM had, I'd tell my DH to quit his job and take care of our kids so I could work on my next book. And honestly, I doubt he'd object. ;)

That unicorn line cracked me up!

Dorothy, good luck, chica! let us know how it went. that must be so cool to skype with your agent!

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Parump! (I don't know why I LOVE saying Parump) what does your sn mean anyway?

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
parump dragon was a main character in an MG novel I was subbing when I joined AW last year :D He got the name cause he makes a 'parump' sound when he sneezes. ;)

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Pahrump is a city in Nevada, and that's what I think of every time.

Got a partial turned full today on Hero/Villain. *snuggles Ace* *ignores Evie*

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
Go head,Sage!

:D:hooray:

I am getting ready to work on my two trunked YA novels. I have my soundtracks and everything,lol.

I wish everyone happy writing!

I'd love to be able to stay home all day with my kids BUT I must be around grown folks lest I lose my mind.

yellowhammer

Registered
Reaction score
5,000 words and my pace is slowing. I've been having to research 1950's fallout shelters. I wish that everything was puppies and rainbows, and I didn't have to address the "waste holding tank."

Status
Not open for further replies.