Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackBriar

Bricoleur
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, all. Just got back from Nashville two days ago. Thinking about moving there.

Still, need to put some work in on my wip. Oh and saw my eye doc the other day and got contacts. Never wore them before. Sorta like them, sorta hate them. But I have astigmatism, so I didn't get the best contacts for that since they would be more uncomfortable, the doc said. But the more comfortable ones make me a bit farsighted. :p

BlackBriar

Bricoleur
Registered
Reaction score
I tried contacts once. Worst idea ever for me. I had a huge allergic reaction. It was sooooo painful.

Ouch. Sorry about that.

I'm liking them for now. Need to get some new glasses too, since the ones I'm wearing now are about 7 years old. More recent glasses broke on me.

ChelseyBlair

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chelseyblair.com
My macbook air keyboard had an encounter with a few DROPS of coffee and now the "n" and "y" keys aren't working. It'll probably cost as much as the thing is worth to get it fixed :( :(

Also I dreamed about getting requests, but woke up and not so much. No new Rs though.

Sittin' here in limbo....

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, all. ...

Oh and saw my eye doc the other day and got contacts. Never wore them before. Sorta like them, sorta hate them. But I have astigmatism, so I didn't get the best contacts for that since they would be more uncomfortable, the doc said. But the more comfortable ones make me a bit farsighted. :p

Morning. I had contacts. I HATED them. I had the weighted ones for astigmatism. In 1999 they had three weights in the bottom to hold them steady (the weights just looked like 3 gashes in the lens)... In 2004 when I wore a pair to prom, they only had 1 weight/gash.

Could not stand them for more than a few hours. My eyes felt like they were suffocating! It was the weirdest feeling, like being strangled and gagged or something - but in your eyes. The optomistist said I wasn't getting enough oxygen to my pupil. He said eyes need to breathe... lol. And so I was not allowed to wear them more that 6 hours(which was about all I could stand, in extreme discomfort toward the end of that period).

Got LASIK in 2007. Best thing I ever did. I have 20/15 vision! I can actually see the smallest line on the eye-chart from across the room - no cheating, peeking... *laughs*...

I will need reading glasses when I hit 40, like everyone else, but that is just old age I am afraid. Meanwhile I am loving living glasses free! :D

My macbook air keyboard had an encounter with a few DROPS of coffee and now the "n" and "y" keys aren't working. It'll probably cost as much as the thing is worth to get it fixed :( :(

Also I dreamed about getting requests, but woke up and not so much. No new Rs though. ... Sittin' here in limbo....

Sorry to hear that Chels. I spill things all the time so I have a clear keycover pad, it has saved me more than once! Hopefully the keys will dry out and maybe work again...

Sorry about limbo - it happens a lot. Just try to be patient. I am sure you'll hear back. :)

Last edited:

misslissy

Only a sassbucket sometimes.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
womeneverywhere.wordpress.com
Got LASIK in 2007. Best thing I ever did. I have 20/15 vision! I can actually see the smallest line on the eye-chart from across the room - no cheating, peeking... *laughs*...

I will need reading glasses when I hit 40, like everyone else, but that is just old age I am afraid. Meanwhile I am loving living glasses free! :D

Sorry to hear that Chels. I spill things all the time so I have a clear keycover pad, it has saved me more than once! Hopefully the keys will dry out and maybe work again...
I really want to get lasik, but my eye doctor says at this point my eyes aren't done changing yet so it would reverse itself in a few years. Supposedly.

My hubby has a keycover pad too. He calls it his keyboard condom.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Doctor said the same thing to me, although my eyes are starting to steady out... I'd be too afraid to get it though, my boyfriend is looking into it though, because he is almost legally blind... his glasses perscription are like an 8.5 and legally blind is 10!!!

And hahahahahahahahahahah my boyfriend calls the cover on the wii remotes Wii condoms. Also a friend of mine refuses to say gloves when talking about rubber gloves... he calls them hand condoms.

Oh one last funny one, my boyfriend, his brothers and dad call tamponds- plugs... yes plugs.

pezie

Registered
Reaction score
Morning, everyone!

I've thought about Lasik but haven't done it. Something about a laser shooting into my open eyeball scares the crap out of me. And I don't find my contact lenses to be too terribly inconvenient to pay for surgery just now. If contacts weren't an option, I'd totally look into the surgery. I hate my glasses.

Though...my eyes seem to get worse as the years go by, I suppose if they get really, really bad I'll also consider surgery if it will help with that. Right now my 'script is -3.25.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I agree, i dont find contacts all that troublesome, and I too HATE my glasses... I look like a nerdy libarian with them on.

And your eyes will continue to get worst till your about 21/22 in which your body stops growing and your eyes seem to level out. At least that's what my dr. told me and its been happening to me. My last check up i didnt need to get a new percription. I'm 3.0 in my left eye(astigmatism) and 2.5 in my right eye.

pezie

Registered
Reaction score
I agree, i dont find contacts all that troublesome, and I too HATE my glasses... I look like a nerdy libarian with them on.

And your eyes will continue to get worst till your about 21/22 in which your body stops growing and your eyes seem to level out. At least that's what my dr. told me and its been happening to me. My last check up i didnt need to get a new percription. I'm 3.0 in my left eye(astigmatism) and 2.5 in my right eye.

So...I should have stopped 10 years ago? LMAO!

I think they haven't gotten to much worse in the last few years, now that I think of it. I first got my glasses when I was 14 and my perscription was -1.25, so not terrible at all. Then it really went down in my 20's. I felt like every appointment it got worse. But in the last few years it has hung out right aroud -3/-3.25. I have a very slight astigmatism in my right eye, but it doesn't seem to cause too much trouble.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
well again my boyfriend is an 8.5 so dont worry you got a whole 2.5 points till your blind!

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I really want to get lasik, but my eye doctor says at this point my eyes aren't done changing yet so it would reverse itself in a few years. Supposedly.

My hubby has a keycover pad too. He calls it his keyboard condom.

I was 22 when I had them done and I had been stable 2 yrs. So, yeah. Also, I was leagally blind without the glasses. I think I was an 11 or 12 on that scale thing. :D

I am slightly farsighted now in my left eye, it's a -0.5 now, it was -0.25 about 2 yrs ago, but that is due to my astigmatism and the doc said that it probably won't get any worse. I guess it doesn't change like eyes do with a normal scale/progression. He said I could go years and not get any worse... it all depends on my eyes as an individual. It's not enough to need any help or correction anyway, so that is good!

And yeah, it is scary when they do it, cause they slice the film over the cornea and peel it back like seran-wrap. For a moment the world goes black, and then it just looks like you're underwater in a pool without swim goggles.

I will say though that there is nothing like the feeling 10-20mins later when the local anistetic wears off after surgery. It's like having cat scratches in your eyes. They just water so bad you can't even see.

*BUT, as long as you sleep or keep your eyes closed for an hour or two after surgery, when you open them again the pain goes away. Eyes are amazing things. It all looks watery/like-spending-a-day-withoutyour-glasses/for the first 24 hours. And then the miracle happens - and each day your vision gets a little better. By day 4 I could see like I had my glasses on, no mattery/watery eyes or nothing. Day seven, things were clearer than with the contacts I'd had years ago.

I could not wait to take the goggles off! (they give you loose goggles like one wears in science lab in school... this keeps dirt, germs, fingers, and dust/pollen/pet hair out of the eyes for the first week until fully recovered. And yes, you sleep in them the first week. Makes life interesting. :D

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
What is it with guys and the 'condom' thing? Is that their favorite word? Maybe society is just going down hill if that's the slang for everyday 'protective gear' for anything from electronics to gloves...

@ Allie - big process(you can waer sunglasses instead of the goggles during the day - but we have pets so I thought the goggles were better for me), then there's meds too to kill germs/pain in the eyes the first week - and it was $2,500 an eye for surgery at a summer discount!

Last edited:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
yeah guys call everything something inapproprate. Pretty much all my friends are guys... its horrible the things they come up with. Funny but horrible. Like my one friend and boyfriend play video games like 24/7 and they started calling people on there the "C" word and varations of it like C***nugget (which was there favorite) well one time I told them to stop because it was getting old, what did they come up with as an alternative? And i'm not joking, this is what they now call people "vaginal primates"

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
yeah guys call everything something inapproprate. Pretty much all my friends are guys... I told them to stop because it was getting old, what did they come up with as an alternative? And i'm not joking, this is what they now call people "vaginal primates"

Ah, I think we know who the 'primates' really are - at least maturity wise. Lol. :D

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Oh yeah tell me about it. It actually shocks me sometimes how they are... Like last nigh Will went over his best friends house to have a power rangers marathon.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Oh yeah tell me about it. It actually shocks me sometimes how they are... Like last nigh Will went over his best friends house to have a power rangers marathon.

Original or current - and that is kinda sad...

Status
Not open for further replies.