Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Nope, sorry I don't drink either. But I don't have to be drunk to make a complete fool of myself :e2tongue::e2hammer:

Yay, Pen is our designated non-drinking drunk! woot woot! :D

no worries. I'll just have a glass of wine and amuse myself then...er, that doesn't sound right. I WILL NOT TREAT MY BODY AS AN AMUSEMENT PARK :D (a little Seinfeld quote incase you figure out think i'm crazy

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Ugh, CB, so sorry. :( They sting. Especially when it's an agent that you feel is a perfect match for your work. what is WRONG with these people? :) Hang in there and keep working on THAT WIP to help keep your mind distracted.

Moni

Literary vampire Mongering words
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Moni! Are you really moving? Good luck on the edits!!

morning all. spent my girl's time in school, running and errand and then writing up a new blog post and then posting on some blogs and catching up on Twitter and well, damn it, i only have about 20 minutes to write! haha. Booooo. s'okay. I will write tonight and maybe if I'm lucky, i can get a little done during the afternoon.

have a good day!

Yep! My brother needs help. He's on SSI...he was adopted by another family...but him & I had contact through the years..recently our other brother (the one that I was raised with) called me out of the blue the other day & said "Hey...call this number" of course I wanted to know who it was....he just said "Call it!" and then hung up! (He always was a dork!) So I did & it was Teddy...he's all alone in San Francisco and misses all family connections. Since he's DD, bi-polar, ADHD, & diabetic....I think that he TRULY does need someone to help him....especially since some of the friends that he has are druggies. Big sister will kick his butt into gear. His timing couldn't have been better either...I was thinking about moving back to California anyway....just didn't want to live with those crazy people that call themselves my parents! LOL Kenny's had his very last chance & I'm not giving him any more! *SIGH* But I'm ok with that....so it's all good! I KNEW there was a reason I was homesick! LOL

Hey, Moni. :hi: Wow moving. Sounds fun :D. I repped you.

:hi:Everyone

Heya Pennie!! I've left you a message on your visitor wall!

Ok! Off to figure out how to get the dollars and cents it's going to take to get my bus ticket to San Francisco! Have fun y'all!

BlackBriar

Bricoleur
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, I hope everything turns out well, Moni. And living in Cali sounds nice.

Morning, all.

Moni

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, I hope everything turns out well, Moni. And living in Cali sounds nice.

Morning, all.

From when I left there in '92 it was! Teddy says that lots has changed...so far from my apartment searches (we're looking to find a place we can afford as roommates) I'm seeing that one of those things is the expense of living there! LOL But....I still can't wait! At least the one good thing about having a male roommate that's your little brother...you don't have to worry about whether or not you might do that attraction thing. You know...where y'all are attracted to each other...then realize after a while you really aren't that attracted anymore & then things get awkward! Yeah...that's out the window when it's your sibling! Hee hee! Thank you for the well wishes though! I'm sooooper excited!

BlackBriar

Bricoleur
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, it's expensive there. Still, I would love to live there myself. My brother lives near SF and his house would go for about 80k here, but it's 300k there. o_O

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Morning Cuppa!

MONI!!! Hi, glad you're back. Good for you getting a change of scenery, and for knowing when it's time to quit and move on. :D

Hope all goes really well. :Hug2:

I get to go to the dentist week after next and get 3 cavities filled - *sigh*, one is actually a filling that broke off. So strange.

Other than that I have been working on two WIPs. I took a break for a week, my sinus and the wind were fogging up my mind with congestion, but I am back at it today. :)

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Moni, i'm so sorry. I didn't even know you and kenny were having...er...issues. :( But, you sound like you are in a really good place mentally and emotionally, so i wish all the very very very best with this move. I think it's cool that you are being there for your little brother. :) And fresh new starts in these situations are always a really healthy choice!

PD, glad you are feeling better. You're a two timing cheat, too, hey? I'm working on 2 projects and just started writing the first page of a SNI. Oy. There are not enough (free) hours in the day to do all the writing I want to do :( But, I love the shite out of my girls, so I must enjoy it all while I can. They'll only be little once and i'm DONE having kids, so...

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
... There are not enough (free) hours in the day to do all the writing I want to do :( But, I love the shite out of my girls, so I must enjoy it all while I can. They'll only be little once and i'm DONE having kids, so...

My mom used to say that she held and carried me, etc., as much as she could when I was little - because I would only be little once, and then she could never do it again. It always stands true. :D But then my mom and I have the kind of relationship where we'd have a blast during the summer and she would miss me when I had to go back to school. :) Two peas in a pod, that's us.

Penguin

Inspiration might strike you
Registered
Reaction score
Heya Pennie!! I've left you a message on your visitor wall!

Hey, Moni Baloney :tongue. I gave you a nickname and now you gave me one! I LOVE Pennie lol. Sorry about Kenny and I hope things work out in Cali with your brother :D. Oh, and sorry about not hearing back from agents. Revamping 's always a good thing, I think. I had to do so much revamping for my WIP. I'm almost ready to query it :eek:

:hi:everyone!

And Melly, this is me :e2poke:and :poke:you to finish UCDs! You're supposed to be done by the end of the month, remember? :D

Ah, who am I to talk? I haven't written a thing in nearly two weeks :(

PD: :eek: sorry about the cavities!

eventidepress

Registered
Reaction score
From when I left there in '92 it was! Teddy says that lots has changed...so far from my apartment searches (we're looking to find a place we can afford as roommates) I'm seeing that one of those things is the expense of living there! LOL But....I still can't wait! At least the one good thing about having a male roommate that's your little brother...you don't have to worry about whether or not you might do that attraction thing. You know...where y'all are attracted to each other...then realize after a while you really aren't that attracted anymore & then things get awkward! Yeah...that's out the window when it's your sibling! Hee hee! Thank you for the well wishes though! I'm sooooper excited!

WOW that is a big move!! and so cool that you're able and willing to do it for your bro, you're a great sis!!! hope you looove Cali... it seems like it'd be a great place to live :)

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
@ Pen, I know :( I'm such a naughty, naughty girl. I made this goal for myself and it's sooooooo not happening. Well, it still could if I hunker down, but we'll see. We are only in mid-June.

two weeks???? you haven't written in two weeks??? are you at least working on revisions for Kale?

Penguin

Inspiration might strike you
Registered
Reaction score
@ Pen, I know :( I'm such a naughty, naughty girl. I made this goal for myself and it's sooooooo not happening. Well, it still could if I hunker down, but we'll see. We are only in mid-June.

two weeks???? you haven't written in two weeks??? are you at least working on revisions for Kale?

Uhhhh...no :scared:. We've only revised the first chapter (like 3 weeks ago). But...we did come up with a kickass plot to X!!! Yeah...someone needs to light a fire under our asses. Like you said, there are just not enough freakin' hours in the day. I mean, it's already 6:30 and I still have so much stuff to do. Also, as lame as this might sound, I have over 10 hours of DVR'd shows to make up. Like sheesh!

Moni

Registered
Reaction score
Moni, i'm so sorry. I didn't even know you and kenny were having...er...issues. :( But, you sound like you are in a really good place mentally and emotionally, so i wish all the very very very best with this move. I think it's cool that you are being there for your little brother. :) And fresh new starts in these situations are always a really healthy choice!

PD, glad you are feeling better. You're a two timing cheat, too, hey? I'm working on 2 projects and just started writing the first page of a SNI. Oy. There are not enough (free) hours in the day to do all the writing I want to do :( But, I love the shite out of my girls, so I must enjoy it all while I can. They'll only be little once and i'm DONE having kids, so...

Thank you! Yeah...I'm getting too old to put up with men's BS...if they wanna act like dorks...then I don't wanna deal with it...I'm not Ms. Fix-It...we women can't fix them....learned that little fact a long time ago!

I've been homesick for San Francisco for quite a while too...so it's great that I get a chance to go back "home".

Hey, Moni Baloney :tongue. I gave you a nickname and now you gave me one! I LOVE Pennie lol. Sorry about Kenny and I hope things work out in Cali with your brother :D. Oh, and sorry about not hearing back from agents. Revamping 's always a good thing, I think. I had to do so much revamping for my WIP. I'm almost ready to query it :eek:

:hi:everyone!

And Melly, this is me :e2poke:and :poke:you to finish UCDs! You're supposed to be done by the end of the month, remember? :D

Ah, who am I to talk? I haven't written a thing in nearly two weeks :(

PD: :eek: sorry about the cavities!

LOL @ the nickname thing! I wasn't trying to start a trend...I thought that's what everyone called you! Hee hee! Yeah...thanks about the Kenny thing...guess the trial period ended on the "decent behavior"....Oh well....there's LOTS of fishes in San Francisco's sea! Double hee hee!

WOW that is a big move!! and so cool that you're able and willing to do it for your bro, you're a great sis!!! hope you looove Cali... it seems like it'd be a great place to live :)

I've always loved Cali....was born in San Francisco & lived there in 90-92 so it'll just be a homecoming for me! *SIGH* I HAVE been really homesick lately...so this will be good....it's a win win situation...Teddy will get help that he needs (AKA a kick in the pants from big sis when he's messing up) and I'll get a place to go in my fave city! WHEEEE!

Ok! Enough bragging for me....although I'm SOOOPER excited!

Until later!!

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys, just putting dinner on - BBQ burgers on the grill, yum! That and a mix of squashes and sweet potatoes for the side dish! ~mouth watering at the thought~ :D

eventidepress

Registered
Reaction score
dude, random Q, but are all you guys on twitter? i know I'm following Moni, but... *feels need to twitterstalk* >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.