Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

E. S. Lark

Editing all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Poking my head in real fast. #askagent is going on right now. What sucks? Epic fantasy is a no go and memoirs are tough to sell. Why do I pick the bad genres? I don't like anything else. Ugh, sometimes the publishing world annoys me. But I try anyway ...

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Awww sorry to hear that Kyva. I hate markets sometimes. :(

And I'm so totally down for FNW!

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
hound, i emailed it to you *shakes at the knees and then runs to vomit in the...damn. i missed* :D

have fun writing, posting, repping guys. i'm done for the night. i think. maybe a glass of wine first hmm...

E. S. Lark

Editing all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm, I wonder if shopping a creative memoir as contemp or something like it would be better? like, if I changed things around a bit? I would ask on #askagent, but umm, I think I asked enough. I hate bugging them.

neener

Cleaning is overrated
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.janinesclayson.blogspot.com
Kyva--(((hugs))) so hard to know if you're making the "right" decisions. I'd say write the memoir, assess interest, then you can change it up a bit if you want, kwim? fictionalize it or whatever if you decide it would be better.

Now, must be off twitter or I'll never get today's words in.

E. S. Lark

Editing all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Neener. Yeah. Already have the memoir written, now just trying to figure out what to do with it. I think I need to get off twitter as well and just get some rest. I have the passion and the drive, there's just a wall in front of me. Anyone have some spare explosives? I'd appreciate it, really ;)

Have a great night all

Last edited:

Chanelley

Registered
Reaction score
Good morning everyone. Thanks again for the support and congrats last night! This is going to be one LONG week. Gotta wait for everyone's answers before making that final decision. Anything else mentioned in #askagent?

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning everyone. Thanks again for the support and congrats last night! This is going to be one LONG week. Gotta wait for everyone's answers before making that final decision. Anything else mentioned in #askagent?

Good morning,Chanelley!

What happened last night? I was at work and always miss the good stuff!:cry:

I wanted to ask earlier,but I LOVE the layout of your blog. Do you mind telling me what template you used?

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score

everyone's answers as in other agents who currently have your ms?

E. S. Lark

Editing all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all.

I just had the oddest idea. You ever make posts where folks can ask your MC anything they want? Maybe I'll do that for the epic fantasy. Who knows, it may lead to some more interest.

Kitty27

Registered
Reaction score
Morning all.

I just had the oddest idea. You ever make posts where folks can ask your MC anything they want? Maybe I'll do that for the epic fantasy. Who knows, it may lead to some more interest.

Morning,Kyva.

I write epic fantasy. Sort of Elves meets Benetton meets Rome with a dash of Tudors fashion and African traditions. I WUV it.:D

I have never done that before. It sounds interesting.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Morning all.

That is such a cool idea! Have fun with that :)

Mornin' Steph :)

My girls are going to be late for school today cause i freaking washed their coats last night and forgot to put them in the dryer. :mad: So, i'm just waiting for them to finish drying and then we're off.

Chanelley

Registered
Reaction score
Good morning,Chanelley!

What happened last night? I was at work and always miss the good stuff!:cry:

I wanted to ask earlier,but I LOVE the layout of your blog. Do you mind telling me what template you used?
Aww thanks! I found it online. not sure where now. I got an agent phone call with an offer :D

everyone's answers as in other agents who currently have your ms?
Yeah. Just letting them know they have until Sunday.

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
Morning Steph, Kyva, Chan, Mel, Kitty...John Boy

How goes it?

It's a rainy day here, and I'd much prefer to be at home in bed.

I see the fallout from the chat the other night has hit a lot of blogs. Gah, I see both sides. I want to be able to review a book honestly like on Goodreads, but at the same time, I don't rate teachers online like how I feel about their methods and stuff, so why would I rate fellow writers?

EPIC FREAKING' LE SIGH! ....sometimes I just want to go back to the days when I was blissfully ignorant and writing my adult fiction. I didn't know about the good, the bad, and the ugly of the pub piz. I was just so in love with my characters and the story....all night writing binges--It's the best natural high next to my spiritual life I've ever had.

Juneluv12

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com

Good luck going in the ring for Extreme Agent Cagefighting!!! :tongue

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
good morning ladies!:)

my kids have a makeup day at school so i have the entire blissful day to myself to write. I'm not sure this has ever happened so yay!

june - i think that all the time. we keep plugging along, but the more we know about the biz, the harder it gets to put one foot in front of the other (some days).

chanelley - congrats on the offer and good luck!

E. S. Lark

Editing all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Kitty - it sounds like a lot of fun.

Mel - no snow there either huh? It's flurrying now, but nothing too major.

June - OMG yes. I seriously miss not knowing about the pub world what I know now. It's such an inspirational drain at times, which really sucks. I used to just sit down and write late into the night. Now? Now I keep second guessing myself because I know how it's all supposed to work and that well for me ... most houses aren't interested in what I want to shop.

On that note, why do you want to get published? For me, it's not just to see it on the shelves and smell the creamy paper, but also to be immortal. I want to be remembered, or have accomplished something (big in my eyes) before I die. I've always wanted to be a writer, as it comes naturally. But to get published, it isn't for the money or the fame. Just for me to leave a small note saying "I was here."

Kitty27

Registered
Reaction score
Morning,June!
Conference in NOLA? That's practically in my front yard. I will have to see if I can make it. Might we find some strippers?

Kyva,I just love writing. I want other people to read my words and get as much pleasure from them as I do.

E. S. Lark

Editing all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Kitty, I'm the same way. I know years ago, I got fed up with the idea of agents and publishers. I decided to just publish my work on my website, as I really just want to share it. But then the scare of someone stealing it got to me, so I took it all down.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score

flurrying here too. now they are saying a mix of snow/rain tomorrow and snow Thurdsay am. Bleh. who knows anymore. i'm so done with it.

Juneluv12

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
Kitty - it sounds like a lot of fun.

June - OMG yes. I seriously miss not knowing about the pub world what I know now. It's such an inspirational drain at times, which really sucks. I used to just sit down and write late into the night. Now? Now I keep second guessing myself because I know how it's all supposed to work and that well for me ... most houses aren't interested in what I want to shop.

On that note, why do you want to get published? For me, it's not just to see it on the shelves and smell the creamy paper, but also to be immortal. I want to be remembered, or have accomplished something (big in my eyes) before I die. I've always wanted to be a writer, as it comes naturally. But to get published, it isn't for the money or the fame. Just for me to leave a small note saying "I was here."

It's about accomplishment in my eyes for sure. So many people have believed in me and supported me that I want to do it for them too--like not to let them down or something.

And it's about others enjoying my characters and stories. For RTD, the first novel I ever wrote, it's a more about an appreciation of the themes like a deeper appreciation for faith and family as well as doing the right thing no matter what the odds.

Juneluv12

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
Morning,June!
Conference in NOLA? That's practically in my front yard. I will have to see if I can make it. Might we find some strippers?

Kyva,I just love writing. I want other people to read my words and get as much pleasure from them as I do.

Girl, even if we do not get to NOLA, we've got to meet up!!!

*whispers* Yes, for some strippers! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.