Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

herbchick

alcohol will do that for ya
Registered
Reaction score
We all need cheering up today. Too much sickness, cold weather, and epic silence from inboxes.

Who's funny? Someone tell a joke. :D

1) the only jokes I know are dirty or religious and might offend.

2) I can mess up even the best joke when I retell it.

Great idea, though!

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just got home and I'm wiped. Still sick, but better functioning. I srsly think it was that tylenol pm that just made so groggy the whole day that it made me feel worse than I probably was. Took the girls to school today, went to the P.O., went to two banks, and to walmart, picked up kids, made lunch, and I. Am. Soooooo. Done. Gotta finish beta reading one novel and then read another and then...THEN...I will be back to writing. WOOT!!

email still empty. Yay :) and sigh :(

Lunawriter

Waxing and waning
Registered
Reaction score
Good day, all. I spent most of the morning getting my kids ready/taking them to school then realized I'd forgotten my 4yos tennis shoes so I had to make another trip to drop those off. The snow it is a fallin' too. Makes it all SO SLOW. I rewarded myself (for my stupidity in forgetting his shoes) by stopping at Starbucks for a ginormous latte.

Anyway, I know we've been talking blogs and websites and maybe this came up, but can anyone suggest a good blog designer? I want something fun and whimsical. Any ideas?

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
I HATE laundry. Just sayin'.

I don't mind doing laundry so much as putting it all away. I could do laundry all day if it could stay as a heap on my bed for the week :)

Joslin Dee

Forgetting book endings is my superpower
Registered
Reaction score
There's no snow outside my house right now, but school/work (since I work in a Dr's office) got cancelled anyway. I'm calling that good news.

I may end up having to go in this afternoon.. but hey, I slept in 'til 11.

Good. Day. :D

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Good day, all. I spent most of the morning getting my kids ready/taking them to school then realized I'd forgotten my 4yos tennis shoes so I had to make another trip to drop those off. The snow it is a fallin' too. Makes it all SO SLOW. I rewarded myself (for my stupidity in forgetting his shoes) by stopping at Starbucks for a ginormous latte.

Anyway, I know we've been talking blogs and websites and maybe this came up, but can anyone suggest a good blog designer? I want something fun and whimsical. Any ideas?

Oooh, ooh...I just got this blog site from, damn...who was it? Annie! Here is the site and the price info. I think it is good price to have a unique looking blog. I'm going to do it.

http://useyourimaginationdesigns.blogspot.com/

Oh, and here is annies site, so you can see an example of the work she does; http://youngadultbookworm.blogspot.com/

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
There's no snow outside my house right now, but school/work (since I work in a Dr's office) got cancelled anyway. I'm calling that good news.

I may end up having to go in this afternoon.. but hey, I slept in 'til 11.

Good. Day. :D

Josie!!!!! Mama 2b :) Enjoy that sleeing til' 11 girl. ;)

JamieB

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.jamieblair.blogspot.com

Annie (Paranormalchick) just had a designer do hers and it's very fun and whimsical! She has a link to her designer on her site. http://youngadultbookworm.blogspot.com/

ETA: DOH - Mel beat me to it! :D

Lunawriter

Waxing and waning
Registered
Reaction score
Oooh, ooh...I just got this blog site from, damn...who was it? Annie! Here is the site and the price info. I think it is good price to have a unique looking blog. I'm going to do it.

http://useyourimaginationdesigns.blogspot.com/

Oh, and here is annies site, so you can see an example of the work she does; http://youngadultbookworm.blogspot.com/

Oooooh, I LOVE it! Thanks. :hooray:

Annie (Paranormalchick) just had a designer do hers and it's very fun and whimsical! She has a link to her designer on her site. http://youngadultbookworm.blogspot.com/

ETA: DOH - Mel beat me to it! :D

And thanks to you, too! :D

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
%^&$^#$@#$!#$%%^&%^&^$% WE ARE GETTING MORE SNOWWWWWWWW. OMFGosh!!!!!! I can't take it. I srsly can't take it. Damn, our move to PR can't get here soon enough!!!!!!

Lunawriter

Waxing and waning
Registered
Reaction score
%^&$^#$@#$!#$%%^&%^&^$% WE ARE GETTING MORE SNOWWWWWWWW. OMFGosh!!!!!! I can't take it. I srsly can't take it. Damn, our move to PR can't get here soon enough!!!!!!

Gah, I hear you. And if they cancel another day of school anytime soon, someone will be cleaning up pieces of my head from a stress explosion.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Guys I'm suffering from silent inbox syndrome... where no responses at all means I feel like I must release more queries into the ether (to increase the odds of some response-- any response) even though I don't want to do them all at once.
I know this feeling very well.

I am finally finally getting to edit my synopsis, then I will prolly send out a query to an agent I love who requires them. Then back to waiting (at least until the 23rd when another agent I love is open to queries).

I'm currently at Borders, waiting for Mr. Tire to fix my car. My front wheels are out of alignment and that screwed up one of my tires so they're fixing that. (It actually screwed up both tires, but one was already replaced, and, being mid-December and seeing as I wasn't going to be driving for a month after that particular week, I said I'd do the other in January when I had gotten my bonus and paid my bills)

Epiphany

Don't kill the bar, Dude.
Registered
Reaction score
Morning!

My inbox is empty AND I have school tonight! I'm also craving pancakes, so I think I'm going to make some and try to haul out a nice pretty chunk on my WIP. Anyone down for some lovely MDW today?

Vero

I want one!
Registered
Reaction score
Last night I went to a concert for the first time in close to a decade... ugh I feel old saying this! It was awesome though! :)

I think I should be able to do some writing after I pick up my oldest from school this afternoon... though I guess it all depends on how the girls behave...

erica_henry

Typing away 1 word at a time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erica-henry.blogger.com

E. S. Lark

Editing all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Erica, the sound seems out of sync for the video. I run on broadband, so I'm not sure if your seeing it any better. You have a cute voice ;) I'd love to make a vlog or two, but my voice is more manly than I like.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, guys. Do you think that my query could be getting caught in spam folders because words like "sexy" and "drug" are in it?

E. S. Lark

Editing all the time
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think that would mark it as spam Sage. I know when I query, I have 'Query' in the title. Then again, I have no idea how spam filters work.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, "query" is in my subject line as well. I just am being impatient.

E. S. Lark

Editing all the time
Registered
Reaction score
No worries, we all get the itch. This is for H/V right? Not sure if you're still shopping your other novels around. I apologize if I know better, I'm just flaky today.

OMG, I just found the most amazing website for self-published authors. Over 30 hours of video. I'm trying to get back to episode one so I can start watching. Yes ... I'm procrastinating when I should be doing my edits. But, if you think about it ... it's kins of like doing research before I get my book ready to sell (if it ever happens.)

Last edited:

Epiphany

Don't kill the bar, Dude.
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, "query" is in my subject line as well. I just am being impatient.

Yeah, you have every right to be though. I can't believe you still have two fulls out of AFTERLYF

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, it's H/V. The only thing else of mine out there are two ancient fulls for AFTRLYF.

Yay, guys, my car is done already. Since I haven't even finished fixing my synopsis, though, I think I'll hang around Borders a little longer.

erica_henry

Typing away 1 word at a time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erica-henry.blogger.com
Erica, the sound seems out of sync for the video. I run on broadband, so I'm not sure if your seeing it any better. You have a cute voice ;) I'd love to make a vlog or two, but my voice is more manly than I like.

I run broadband too and I'm not sure how to fix the video and mic issues. I'm thinking it might be because I used the headset mic and not the one on the netbook. IDK. Thanks for checking it out. I actually hate my voice because I already look much younger than I am and my voice makes it worse. No one ever believes I'm almost 25 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.