Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moni

Literary vampire Mongering words
Registered
Reaction score
Better get yourself a new tickercounter so we can all track your progress with you. :D

G'night!

This is very true! On that note it's time for me to crawl into my coffin & sleep the sleep of a damned person...like I am....a Literary Vampire.

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
But yes...I'm gearing up for the challenge...there's still room on there if you wanna join! I managed to get Bookgirl all talked into it! hee hee!
From my facebook:
just got talked into doing 60k in 60 Days (http://pushingthepen.com/). It should be interesting to see how it goes.

*snipped*... You should join in! The more the merrier! (And it was Moni who got me into this)

Netz

Freshly caught writing bug lives!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The view from my stained glass window suggests by
Just read the link (thanks, Bookgirl2021). Wow! I didn't realise you had to get it edited and published, etc, in that timeframe too. Very best of luck to the pair of you! :) Keep us updated (but don't spend too much time here - you'll be needing every spare second to WRITE!!). :D

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Morning!

Kitty...I'M HERE. I'M HERE!!!!! Ready for those brownies covered in caramel (and nuts? please?). Oh, and it's almost 8am, so uh, yeah, how about that chocolate martini to wash those brownies down? :D Hope you got some good writing done last night.

So, 7:30 in the morning, i open my email to big ugly R. I HATE QUERYING! GAH! :rant::Headbang::Hammer:

ChelseyBlair

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chelseyblair.com
Guys! My query is up for critique today and tomorrow at the Quintessentially Questionable Query Experiment blog. Go check it out!

I didn't write much last night. Being-a-girl this week, and it sucks. Still, the WIP is definitely flowing better now! Much more tension.

Sorry about the R, Mellymel. I'll be there soon enough.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Morning guys,

Just got up. It's 7 am something here. Chewing on a breakfast bar and checking posts. Reading the tweets by that guy pretending to be the snake that escaped from the Bronx zoo. Snake is supposedly gettin on the ferry this morning. lol.

Been writing. What are you all up to?

Sorry about the R Mell. Nasty things! I have I think 120 now, from 3 different books submitted in the last year. A small batch from what I hear, but never the less nasty and depressing. Hope you get a solicitation soon. ;)

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
WOW everyone was here one moment, I go to Miss Snark, come back, and the party left without me! laugh. See ya.:hi:

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, hi there.

I do not miss school. I miss the learning, but not really the atmospher. People in high school were not exactly my friends. lol. And I'm not in college. So, have not had that experience.

Just hanging out, checkin this thread from time to time while I work on my Selkies. Taking an unexpected turn, but stories do that when you let the characters lead... right? laugh.:D

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Netz! :hi:

Okay, definition of Selkie:

wikipedia:Selkies are mythological shapeshifting creatures that are found in Faroese, Icelandic, Irish, and Scottish folklore. Selkies are seals that can shed their skin to become humans. Selk(ie) is the Scots word for seal. They are described as possessing an unearthly beauty with dark hair and eyes. Silently they emerge from the sea to shed their skins and frolic on the sand.[1]

Hope this helps lol.

Is SYW the 'YAWNing' spot? Laugh. Can't remember.

I read 'The Greyling' as a child, and have been captivated ever since. Chuckle.

Netz

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, you can YAWN at SYW or you can start your own thread with your opening chapter (or whatever you want critique on) or maybe if you're working on your query, there's a section for that too. It's very helpful (even if it's other people's threads you're reading through, and you're not actually after critique on your own work). :D

Ah - seals! Yes, it's all coming back to me now. :) Sounds like a good idea for a story - how far have you got?

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Not far, about 40 pages. I've only been at it off an on for a week. Had a cold, took a few days rest for fuzzy-brain-edness. lol.

Yeah, it seems all the Selk legends are torrid love affairs, so I am trying to go that route. Put in some twists and turns. laugh. Trying to be entertaining, like that wasn't the point already, right. ;)

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Lol. Thanks. I hope so. I want to be productive, that is the point. Chuckle.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
All that learning has to be tuff.

Just writing, bringing the big empty trash can back in. Chuckle.

pezie

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, everyone! I've had a productive day in Mommyland, but not so much in Writerland. Oh well. There's always tonight!

Mel-I'm sorry to hear about the bummer email this morning. Hopefully someone else responds positively very soon. Today is my husband's birthday and my 3 y/o picked out the biggest cake at the store because it had a caterpillar on it. This cake is HUGE. I am sending you a piece, you don't even have to sing for it. Cake always makes it better.

Anyone else want some? It's white with white creme filling. And big blue and red blobs of frosting forming a caterpillar on the front. It'll turn your teeth blue. That's always fun.

Netz

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yum, would love some, pezie - but can I save it for tomorrow? :D It's time for bed over here in the UK and it might give me strange dreams if I ate a slice now... (or is it just cheese that's supposed to do that?!)

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Pezie!

Still writing. Got 19 pages done today. Lol. Trying to keep it moving along. How are you?:tongue

Status
Not open for further replies.