Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moni

Literary vampire Mongering words
Registered
Reaction score
Heh, my twitter account is hidden somewhere around here. Lemme find it.

Be careful not to burn yourself out. That is something serious. I say give yourself a day or two for a break. Don't write on your wip at all unless you feel truly inspired. And during that day or two, keep your wip on your mind, basically what you want to happen in the next few chapters. That doesn't mean sit down and think about it, but more musing on it.

That's the only mojo I have. :)

That sounds like good advice...but right now due to Twitter....I don't think that I'm going to be in danger of burning out on my WIP! ROFL...only cuz I'm too busy laughing at the tweets! LOL

I've been pecking away at it though....little by little...I'm trying to convince my characters to just hurry up and let me end the story....they're being a bit stubborn though! It's my fault...I gave them minds of their own....SILLY me!

eventidepress

Registered
Reaction score
I usually limit my twitter time so I won't get addicted :) Only 1 hour a day for meee. and another hour for blog-reading <.< ... and way too many stalking AW...

Moni

Registered
Reaction score
I usually limit my twitter time so I won't get addicted :) Only 1 hour a day for meee. and another hour for blog-reading <.< ... and way too many stalking AW...

kenny thinks that it's "networking"....I won't let him think ANYYYYY differently!! Tee hee *evil grin*

Penguin

Inspiration might strike you
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, guys :hi:

Moni, looks like you've been busy. Wish I can say the same for me. I wanted to congratulate you on getting so far in Phoenix. You put me to shame :(.

Moni

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, guys :hi:

Moni, looks like you've been busy. Wish I can say the same for me. I wanted to congratulate you on getting so far in Phoenix. You put me to shame :(.

No! It's just been one of those stories! LOL

OMG! Your avi reminds me...I'm following Castle on my tweets! He's SUCH a funny tweeter! (I said Castle on purpose even though I know his real name....) Tweeting is UBER fun!! LOL

Speaking of tweets....I WON!!! I never win ANYTHING!! But I won Force of Habit!! I'm amazed & waiting on the tweet to confirm everything! YAY!!! Ok...enough happy dancing for now! My legs are uber tired! LOL:snoopy:

ETA: Oh yeah...when I see his tweets, I think of you & your avis! LOL

Last edited:

Penguin

Inspiration might strike you
Registered
Reaction score
No! It's just been one of those stories! LOL

OMG! Your avi reminds me...I'm following Castle on my tweets! He's SUCH a funny tweeter! (I said Castle on purpose even though I know his real name....) Tweeting is UBER fun!! LOL

Speaking of tweets....I WON!!! I never win ANYTHING!! But I won Force of Habit!! I'm amazed & waiting on the tweet to confirm everything! YAY!!! Ok...enough happy dancing for now! My legs are uber tired! LOL:snoopy:

ETA: Oh yeah...when I see his tweets, I think of you & your avis! LOL

Congrats, that's awesome :). I never win anything either. Last thing I remember winning was in 4th grade. In college, my sis and I had the same class and the professor gave out free textbooks to three students based on a lottery. My sis and I had a higher chance of winning since there were two of us, but my friend (luckiest person on the planet) won. Go figure :rolleyes:

Moni

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, that's awesome :). I never win anything either. Last thing I remember winning was in 4th grade. In college, my sis and I had the same class and the professor gave out free textbooks to three students based on a lottery. My sis and I had a higher chance of winning since there were two of us, but my friend (luckiest person on the planet) won. Go figure :rolleyes:

Isn't that ALWAYS the way...always a day late or a dollar short! *SIGH* Now if I can just win one of Miss Snark's famous blog dealies I'd be GOLDEN! LOL (But I prolly won't!)

On another happy note....my mom knew how much I have been missing San Francisco lately & she sent me my late grandmother's cable car earrings. They're SOOOOPER cute....granted they're not real gold or anything...but I've ALWAYS loved them! It's been a good coupla days! *LE SIGH*

Moni

Registered
Reaction score
Afternoon, all!

@Moni, that's so great how much you're getting done!!! And super congrats on the win! I never win anything either...lol

Awww! Thanx!! I haven't seen you in a while...where ya been hidin chicky of the wonderful drawings?

pixydust

Mother Flippin' Rhymnosorous
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowofthewood.com
Oh, my....life has just been so weird lately....sick kids, sick husband--an of course, me and my perpetual fatigue. I think we're on the upswing, though. Which is good, cause I need to buckle down and get this wip done before I lose my mind. Oi. I'm desperate to move on the my next idea. *rubs hands together wickedly* I'm SO cheezed out about it. Which is, of course, making it tough to focus on my current wip.

So, I am excited about one thing, tho. I just reread through an old version of it and was stunned. I am confident now that I was right to change the whole thing and start over. Yes, I tossed 70k in words, but MAN, it is SO much better now. Phew...

Last edited:

Moni

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, my....life has just been so weird lately....sick kids, sick husband--an of course, me and my perpetual fatigue. I think we're on the upswing, though. Which is good, cause I need to buckle down and get this wip done before I lose my mind. Oi. I'm desperate to move on the my next idea. *rubs hands together wickedly* I'm SO cheezed out about it. Which is, of course, making it tough to focus on my current wip.

So, I am excited about one thing, tho. I just reread through an old version of it and was stunned. I am confident now that I was right to change the whole thing and start over. It is so much better now. Phew...

That IS an amazing feeling when you look something over & realize you made the RIGHT choice! LOL

Sorry about the illnesses! That sucks big barracuda dinky! Glad that everything is looking up tho!

Yeah...I understand how that goes when you have a WIP and your mind is trying to work on a DIFFERENT WIP....since I have the 4 going at once (one of which you & I sorta kinda talked about) it's been even harder to focus on the ONE book....although....I'm wondering if your artwork wouldn't be good for an awesome rendition of Phoenix...something like her rising out of a wheelchair with fire/feathers for legs rather than legs...IDK...I think that I'm uber tired...been up tweeting all day....LOL

pixydust

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowofthewood.com
That IS an amazing feeling when you look something over & realize you made the RIGHT choice! LOL

Sorry about the illnesses! That sucks big barracuda dinky! Glad that everything is looking up tho!

Yeah...I understand how that goes when you have a WIP and your mind is trying to work on a DIFFERENT WIP....since I have the 4 going at once (one of which you & I sorta kinda talked about) it's been even harder to focus on the ONE book....although....I'm wondering if your artwork wouldn't be good for an awesome rendition of Phoenix...something like her rising out of a wheelchair with fire/feathers for legs rather than legs...IDK...I think that I'm uber tired...been up tweeting all day....LOL

Oooo...that Phoenix img sounds cool! FOUR? Great googly-boogly! How does your brain do that? Mine would explode....lol. Two makes me feel skitzo enough.

Mine are both first in a series. Right now I just have the two main characters for the new idea. Aidan and Holly (I think). Holly is really fun and dark with this ass of an angel side-kick, and Aidan is all fatherly and protective of his little sister, tho still majorly kick azz as he must chop up demons and whatnot. :D

Golden
(my wip) is just giving me fits, cause I've had to rewrite it three times now (from scratch-ola). I'm hoping this is the last time. Now, to finish...

Moni

Registered
Reaction score
Oooo...that Phoenix img sounds cool! FOUR? Great googly-boogly! How does your brain do that? Mine would explode....lol. Two makes me feel skitzo enough.

Mine are both first in a series. Right now I just have the two main characters for the new idea. Aidan and Holly (I think). Holly is really fun and dark with this ass of an angel side-kick, and Aidan is all fatherly and protective of his little sister, tho still majorly kick azz as he must chop up demons and whatnot. :D

Golden (my wip) is just giving me fits, cause I've had to rewrite it three times now (from scratch-ola). I'm hoping this is the last time. Now, to finish...

You know what they say....third times a charm!! I'm sure that you'll hit the nail on the head this time....otherwise...you'll just have to throw in the towel & never write again! (You KNOW I'm just kidding about that....but sometimes I know that it FEELS that way!)

Yeah...I think that it would be kinda cool! LOL (The pic....although the mental pic that I have might not be the one that you're seeing in your head...cuz your work is much more amazing than what I can dream up!)

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
OMG, writing something from scratch 3 times. Pixy, you are a trooper.

Moni

Registered
Reaction score

Yep! I understand the frustration...that's why Salem By Way of California is on ice....I got tired of re-writing it....I was working on the 4th version & getting pissy with it! LOL

pixydust

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowofthewood.com
More like insanely exhausted...lol...or maybe just insane. :D I was working on it with an editor from a major house for a while, outside of a contract. Now she's just waiting for the new draft (a year later)...oi. I think the pressure was getting to me for a while--trying too hard to be perfect. Now I don't give a crap. I just wanna finish the darn thing...lol. Well, I don't want it to suck. Not after working for so long on it...I feel like I'm so close...

pixydust

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowofthewood.com
Yep! I understand the frustration...that's why Salem By Way of California is on ice....I got tired of re-writing it....I was working on the 4th version & getting pissy with it! LOL

I think I'm gonna end up doing that with this one soon. I'll just send what I came up with to the editor and if she doesn't like it, there's not much more I can do on it for now. I'm so bogged down with it. I need a fresh start on something new. Maybe she'll like it too...? *sigh*

Moni

Registered
Reaction score
More like insanely exhausted...lol...or maybe just insane. :D I was working on it with an editor from a major house for a while, outside of a contract. Now she's just waiting for the new draft (a year later)...oi. I think the pressure was getting to me for a while--trying too hard to be perfect. Now I don't give a crap. I just wanna finish the darn thing...lol. Well, I don't want it to suck. Not after working for so long on it...I feel like I'm so close...

Goooo!! You can DOOOOO it!! How much before it's totally done?? If it helps...maybe think of it as one of those quilts you would do for a swap...you might not like how it's being put together...but the end affect looks better than you though it would! LOL

Moni

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I love doing those swap quilts! Good way to see it. :) I'm too much of a perfectionist. But I think this wip is curing me of that pretty good...lol

OR....you could think of it as the "humility block" in your quilt! LOL....OR....there's always an old addage one quilter told me "If you can't see it from a galloping horse...it's not there!" LOL....as humans we're our own worst critics.....and what other people see as awesome, we only see the faults and the imperfections....oh...that seam I didn't get right....look I set that block upside down....oops...there's a thread poking out of the seam....ALL stuff that usually the regular person wouldn't even see! SOOOOOO (I'm saying this really nicely) quit obsessing and DO IT FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!!!! LOL

Moni

Registered
Reaction score
Quilting! Eek! ...but I do LOVE to knit. :)

Knitting is cool....it's just the casting off that's a bitch! ROFL I always end up with something that is all nice & flat on the starting side....but about twice as small on the ending side! *SIGH* But I can crotchet like the dickens!! Learned when I was 13. They didn't have anything else at the children's shelter to keep us quasi-teenage girls out of trouble & away from the boys! Hee hee!

Status
Not open for further replies.