Jed's Super-Dooper Baileys Pub for Newbies, Dragons, Saints & Sinners

Status
Not open for further replies.

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, and having teens and toddlers at the same time? Very, *very* bad planning. :eek: Actually the tantrums are surprisingly similiar in terms of tone, pitch, and incomprehensibility.

-Suzanne, who'll have one of those shots now too, please.

:roll:

terrible twos and terrible sixteens simultaneously? No thanks!

Honey, I bet you are a great hawk mom. gotta stay on top of their shenanigans, don't we? :D

My boys (two teens and one adolescent husband) are at a cousin's camp skeet shooting today. Hubby decided that the boys should be familiar with the workings of a shotgun. :rolleyes

Speaking of shots, I could use one too. :D Lemon drop anyone? *sets out shot glasses with vodka, sugar and lemon.*

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh yeah!! Fill 'em up!
And experience has taught me a lot!! Ever watchful!! :D

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
*glad my kids are grown*

but just so you know, they still come back when they need anything, are mad, are upset, are scared, need money, need food, need a place to sleep,in trouble, want to whine...etc.

Is there any of that vodka left?

I have a t-shirt that reads: I childproofed my house, but the kids keep getting back in anyway.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
It's 8:30 in the morning here, but man, I see absolutely no reason not to start (virtually) drinking right this instant.

Whoever coined the term terrible twos had obviously never, ever met a three-year-old.

-Suzanne

KyraDune

Finding Beauty In Negative Spaces
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kyradune.weebly.com
:snoopy:Please please please... Got one partial from a publisher like ten minutes ago, I'm shaking, this is awful... Wonderful. Whatever. Too early for champaign, but a good shot of Tequila is my best remedy for nerves...

Congrats.

And, on the subject of kids, we're going to visit family today. It's been a good long while since I saw the babies and they are getting so big. Lucky for me, I only get to have the cute, adorable, sweet, part of the babies without having to deal with the all the less appealing parts.

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Making my morning check-in. Hello all!:hi:

Suzanne, I agree. My oldest son had what I simply referred to as "the two-through-tens." I have to admit (for all of those with pre-teens shaking under their seats :chair) that in many ways, having teens beats the younger years. I love how my boys have developed into interesting, funny, smart young men.

Then again, I may just be getting emotional because they are out of town until this evening. :D

French Toast anyone? *Heats up the grill.*

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
Day two of cleaning the basement, and it's finally done. The problem is, now the rest of the house is a disaster. How does that happen?

Butterbean

This boy just ain't right
Registered
Reaction score
Robstown,Texas..Birthplace of Texas hold 'em
Website
www.storiesfrommikeysworld.com
*glad my kids are grown*

but just so you know, they still come back when they need anything, are mad, are upset, are scared, need money, need food, need a place to sleep,in trouble, want to whine...etc.

Is there any of that vodka left?

I have a t-shirt that reads: I childproofed my house, but the kids keep getting back in anyway.

night flyer, that's funny!!!:roll::roll:

jtrylch13

Has semi-colon; will use it!
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know. I liked all the stages of my kids, but I also disliked all the stages of my kids. And I can relate to Suzanne. I have a 15 year old girl, 12 year old boy and 3 year old boy. 15 and 3 have similar meltdowns and emotional instability while 12 and 3 have similar inabilities to listen to me. 3 has the advantage of ultimate cuteness that gets him out of a lot of trouble while 15 has an insane ability to reason her way out of trouble or convince me to give her what she wants. 12, well, he's got a lot to learn and is going through the beginning stages of "I hate the world and all your rules!"

We cleaned out our basement last summer. Took all summer. We even had to set up a tent in the backyard for all the stuff and refinish the whole basement. Now it's already a mess again.

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hi:Good Mornin' pubbers:hi:

*Sits down super large plate of pancakes and sausage*:D

Mmmm that sounds good, but I bought a bathing suit this weekend and it's telling me NOT to eat that. :(

vampgirl278

I DO believe in fairies and magic!
Registered
Reaction score
So.... Hi again! I have some exciting news!!! (well, exciting for me, anyway...) I have officially broke the 20 pound mark... I've lost almost 22 pounds!!! I've weighed (a lot) less in my life, but I have NEVER been this proud of myself... :D How's everyone else doing? minus the obvious 'baby blues' that are floating around... lol

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, VampGirl! You have good reason to be proud. :hooray:

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
Keep up the good work vamp!!! ;)
Sara---that's just mean!! :D I'm sure what you meant to say was: This calls for low calorie, no sugar added cake! But then again, I could be wrong! :)

About to set out for a mile a day walk with d#4! She has made it on the Colorguard Team for high school and over the summer she's going to go through a toturous workout. So we are getting prepared. I figured I might as well join her since I'm in need of a bit of weight loss myself! Oh boy, Oh joy!!! :D

Will be ready for the really good cake when I get back! :roll:

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
I have officially broke the 20 pound mark... I've lost almost 22 pounds!!!

Yay, go you! That's no small accomplishment, and you definitely should be proud! (-:

-Suzanne, who shouldn't still look like she's carrying twins when they're three already...

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I'm beginning to think that someone killed Jed for the sekrit stash...

Status
Not open for further replies.