Jed's Super-Dooper Baileys Pub for Newbies, Dragons, Saints & Sinners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battyvamp

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
*Takes a sip of her drink and sighs appreciatively, then raises an eyebrow at Miz Erie*

OJ? What happens if you order OJ? Not that I want any, can't stand the taste of it, even in a Screwdriver, but it does get my curiosity piqued.

And yes I am working on my first novel. I have always done short stories in the past...and by short stories I mean like extremely short, lmao. So trying this novel is a bit of a job for me, hehe. I am having to create an entire world and people with depth. Enjoying it, but I sometimes seem to get overwhelmed. :(

L.Y. So far I am enjoying my stay immensely. The people here remind me a lot of an old forum I used to be on back in '04 that was fan based on L.K.H's Anita Blake series. It seems very friendly and warm. :)

I myself once I start replying, sometimes can't shut up. >.<

I do apologize for those times when I babble. I have no life outside of my computer. If I am not waiting for replies on forums, or FB, I am playing WoW or watching a movie or playing on the 360.

Miz Erie

Black Mariah
Registered
Reaction score
...the deep, dark corner of my tragically tortured
@L.Y. - I'm doing rather well myself.

I did leave a question, and it was replied to rather quickly. Now I'm working on a little something. It's going to be my first bit of my own writing posted on here. I'm a little nervous...

*Takes a sip of her drink and sighs appreciatively, then raises an eyebrow at Miz Erie*

OJ? What happens if you order OJ? Not that I want any, can't stand the taste of it, even in a Screwdriver, but it does get my curiosity piqued.

And yes I am working on my first novel. I have always done short stories in the past...and by short stories I mean like extremely short, lmao. So trying this novel is a bit of a job for me, hehe. I am having to create an entire world and people with depth. Enjoying it, but I sometimes seem to get overwhelmed. :(

I do apologize for those times when I babble. I have no life outside of my computer. If I am not waiting for replies on forums, or FB, I am playing WoW or watching a movie or playing on the 360.

You can call me Miz. And I just know that OJ is not allowed at the Pub. I'm afraid I might be eaten by vampire mods if I try to order it. But that's just fine. I'm very particular about my OJ anyway; I'll only drink one particular brand.

I've written four stories that are over 40,000 words. My other works are "short stories," but most of those are still 3- or 4,000 words long. I just can't write a short story to save me. I'm currently working on two stories to have published. One was originally a fanfiction that I am reworking, and the other is a novel about a serial rapist that suffers from Dissociative Identity Disorder (formerly known as Multiple Personality Disorder). I spend all my free time writing, so I rarely get overwhelmed, but I've just recently starting making the major part of the switch from fanfiction to original.

And I like to talk to, so we'll get along great! I live on my laptop, too; I'd be lost without internet!

Last edited:

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Hello pubbers. Welcome to the pub, Battyvamp, and to AW. Good to have you aboard.

I'm too shy to post as well. <don't look at my post count> Lurk as long as you want, but don't be afraid to join in. Well, except for in P&CE, be very afraid. :D jk...but not really. :chair

Good evening, L.Y. Have you broken out the Baileys, yet? I could sure use one. :)

Miz Erie

Black Mariah
Registered
Reaction score
I'm too shy to post as well. <don't look at my post count> Lurk as long as you want, but don't be afraid to join in. Well, except for in P&CE, be very afraid. :D jk...but not really. :chair

Um, what's P&CE? I'm not so much shy as I don't want to break any rules. I hate new forums because I don't have the rules all down yet. And seeing as how I'm a mod on two of my three frequent sites--one being a major writing community--I tend to have a thing for sticking with the rules. It's hard to be a mod if I'm not willing to follow rules myself, even on other sites.

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
So far I am enjoying my stay immensely.
Glad you're enjoying your stay. :)

I do apologize for those times when I babble.
No worries. I babble in the Pub all the time. :D

I'm doing rather well myself.

I did leave a question, and it was replied to rather quickly. Now I'm working on a little something. It's going to be my first bit of my own writing posted on here. I'm a little nervous...
I'm sure you'll do fine. :)

Good evening, L.Y. Have you broken out the Baileys, yet? I could sure use one. :)
A good Minion is always prepared. :D

*slides a Baileys Night-Flyer's way*

How are you this evening? :)

Um, what's P&CE?
:chair

Nah...P&CE is the Politics and Current Events forum. Lots of interesting conversations/debates going on there. But be warned...if you decide to post there, you should browse through to get a feeling of the forum, and read the stickies.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Um, what's P&CE? I'm not so much shy as I don't want to break any rules. I hate new forums because I don't have the rules all down yet. And seeing as how I'm a mod on two of my three frequent sites--one being a major writing community--I tend to have a thing for sticking with the rules. It's hard to be a mod if I'm not willing to follow rules myself, even on other sites.

P&CE is Politics and Current Events. ;) Most of the rules are in the FAQ's and the SYW rules are located at the top of each SYW forum. But I can see what you mean, the most important rule, though, is to respect your fellow writers. Most other things can be forgiven. ;)

ETA: ha! I see LY beat me to it. :D

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Glad you're enjoying your stay. :)

No worries. I babble in the Pub all the time. :D

*slides a Baileys Night-Flyer's way*

How are you this evening? :)

Not so bad, actually. :) This is my second day of vacation. I really accomplished nothing today, but it was nice not having to go to work. How are you?

Miz Erie

Black Mariah
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sure you'll do fine. :)

Nah...P&CE is the Politics and Current Events forum. Lots of interesting conversations/debates going on there. But be warned...if you decide to post there, you should browse through to get a feeling of the forum, and read the stickies.

Well thanks! I've got it posted, so now I just have the hard part, waiting to see what people think... if anyone replies. But it's only a practice piece.

And yeah, I'll be avoiding that area. I don't do politics or current events. If it doesn't have to do with my little bubble on the internet, I could care less. I know, bad me. But politics couldn't be correct if life depended on it, and the news is just a bunch of whitewashed propaganda. The news only tells you what "they" want you to know; you never get the whole story, ever. *steps off my little soap box*

Battyvamp

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
You can call me Miz. And I just know that OJ is not allowed at the Pub. I'm afraid I might be eaten by vampire mods if I try to order it. But that's just fine. I'm very particular about my OJ anyway; I'll only drink one particular brand.

I've written four stories that are over 40,000 words. My other works are "short stories," but most of those are still 3- or 4,000 words long. I just can't write a short story to save me. I'm currently working on two stories to have published. One was originally a fanfiction that I am reworking, and the other is a novel about a serial rapist that suffers from Dissociative Identity Disorder (formerly known as Multiple Personality Disorder). I spend all my free time writing, so I rarely get overwhelmed, but I've just recently starting making the major part of the switch from fanfiction to original.

And I like to talk to, so we'll get along great! I live on my laptop, too; I'd be lost without internet!

I don't think my short stories even made it to 500 words, I am sure they were quite a bit less. lmao...I did a lot of those back when I was a kid and had no idea they would now be considered paragraphs instead of stories.

I always did them on notebook paper and they were about a page to a page and a half long. Longest one I ever did was about 11 pages, and I have no idea how it got that long lmao. It was based on a poem my cousin's friend wrote and I was trying to recreate that feeling. >.<

Trying my hand at Urban Fantasy thanks to my inspiration's...Sherrilyn Kenyon and Laurel K Hamilton. Always loved "monsters" and the way they have them put together makes me want to make a world as lively and full as their's is.

I am also very familiar with DID, I have a love one who has it as well as numerous friends, (thanks to my doing research on DID when I found out my family member is Plural, I found them). I forget a lot of times what is called because I am more familiar with what the "sufferers" call it, which is Multiplicity, every time I hear that I think of the movie hehe.

Last edited:

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck on your piece, Miz. I have a lot of friends that write erotica, but I never go in there. :Shrug: I should probably make the effort to go in there more, but I mostly stick to the horror thread. :Shrug:

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
Not so bad, actually. :) This is my second day of vacation. I really accomplished nothing today, but it was nice not having to go to work. How are you?
Vacation? :hooray: That deserves more Baileys!

I'm good. Got some :Headbang:...err, editing done last night and today. Pretty happy about that.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score

I'm good. Got some :Headbang:...err, editing done last night and today. Pretty happy about that.

I believe everything deserves more Baileys. :D

w00t! Congrats on the editing! :hooray: You've been a busy man, not sure how you can do it with all your minion tasks. ;)

Miz Erie

Black Mariah
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think my short stories even made it to 500 words, I am sure they were quite a bit less. lmao...I did a lot of those back when I was a kid and had no idea they would now be considered paragraphs instead of stories.

I always did them on notebook paper and they were about a page to a page and a half long. Longest one I ever did was about 11 pages, and I have no idea how it got that long lmao. It was based on a poem my cousin's friend wrote and I was trying to recreate that feeling. >.<

Trying my hand at Urban Fantasy thanks to my inspiration's...Sherrilyn Kenyon and Laurel K Hamilton. Always loved "monsters" and the way they have them put together makes me want to make a world as lively and full as their's is.

Everyone has to start somewhere. I've been telling stories as long as I can remember. And my birth mother used to tell stories about how I would make up stories as a toddler. Apparently I was just made to write.

I recently printed out a story for my husband to read that was 72 Word pages long. That was a very short prologue and epilogue with nine long chapters in the middle. (Each chapter was approximately 4- to 5,000 words).

If I had to name an inspiration, I think the closest I could get would be Paul Johnston's The Death List, but that's only about as far as how I'm writing my novel. I read a lot of Greg Iles' work, but I wouldn't call him an inspiration; I just like his stories.

Good luck on your piece, Miz. I have a lot of friends that write erotica, but I never go in there. :Shrug: I should probably make the effort to go in there more, but I mostly stick to the horror thread. :Shrug:

I've been hanging out in the Erotic and Horror sections. My stories tend to be a cross between them. Let's just say I'm probably not going to be posting many scenes in the Erotica SYW because a lot of what I write is rape; my understanding is rape isn't allowed here. I'm really odd.

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
I believe everything deserves more Baileys. :D
I agree completely. :D

Another round, on the house! :e2drunk:
w00t! Congrats on the editing! :hooray: You've been a busy man, not sure how you can do it with all your minion tasks. ;)
Thanks NF. :)

Eh, minion tasks aren't so hard. Mostly it deals with quality-checking the new deliveries of Baileys.

*hic*

:e2drunk:
Well thanks! I've got it posted, so now I just have the hard part, waiting to see what people think... if anyone replies. But it's only a practice piece.
Good luck! :)

I don't post in P&CE, but I enjoy browsing through there. It's interesting to see the different perspectives in that forum.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Everyone has to start somewhere. I've been telling stories as long as I can remember. And my birth mother used to tell stories about how I would make up stories as a toddler. Apparently I was just made to write.

I recently printed out a story for my husband to read that was 72 Word pages long. That was a very short prologue and epilogue with nine long chapters in the middle. (Each chapter was approximately 4- to 5,000 words).

If I had to name an inspiration, I think the closest I could get would be Paul Johnston's The Death List, but that's only about as far as how I'm writing my novel. I read a lot of Greg Iles' work, but I wouldn't call him an inspiration; I just like his stories.

I've been hanging out in the Erotic and Horror sections. My stories tend to be a cross between them. Let's just say I'm probably not going to be posting many scenes in the Erotica SYW because a lot of what I write is rape; my understanding is rape isn't allowed here. I'm really odd.

huh. Rape isn't allowed here in any of the SYW forums or just not in the Erotica SYW? I haven't come across that rule, but then again, I haven't wrote any rape scenes, either.

You're welcome in the horror thread anytime. We love to have bbq's and babble. :)

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I don't post in P&CE, but I enjoy browsing through there. It's interesting to see the different perspectives in that forum.

Ah, you're a wise minion. :D There's different perspectives in there? hmm...I may have to go visit again sometime...or lurk, anyway.

Thanks for the round! I'm sure getting plastered will make this painting I'm working on look a whole lot better. :D

Miz Erie

Black Mariah
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck on your piece, Miz.

Good luck! :)

Thanks, both of you!

huh. Rape isn't allowed here in any of the SYW forums or just not in the Erotica SYW? I haven't come across that rule, but then again, I haven't wrote any rape scenes, either.

You're welcome in the horror thread anytime. We love to have bbq's and babble. :)

There a nice bolded statement in the intro post to the Erotica SYW that says "nonconsensual sex" isn't allowed. I write more rape scenes than consensual sex.

And I'm slowly getting around to all the areas. I'm sure I'll post eventually. But thanks for the invite!

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
Ah, you're a wise minion. :D There's different perspectives in there? hmm...I may have to go visit again sometime...or lurk, anyway.

Thanks for the round! I'm sure getting plastered will make this painting I'm working on look a whole lot better. :D
Wise? Nah, more like :chair

:D

And a new painting? Sound cool.

That deserves another Baileys! :e2drunk:

(But seriously, cool; your paintings/sketches are awesome)

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, both of you!

There a nice bolded statement in the intro post to the Erotica SYW that says "nonconsensual sex" isn't allowed. I write more rape scenes than consensual sex.

And I'm slowly getting around to all the areas. I'm sure I'll post eventually. But thanks for the invite!

You're welcome. It's a pretty big forum, so good luck with hitting all the areas. I don't think I've even covered half of AW, but I have been in the airducts. :D

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Wise? Nah, more like :chair

And a new painting? Sound cool.

That deserves another Baileys! :e2drunk:

(But seriously, cool; your paintings/sketches are awesome)

Aw, thanks. :Hug2: I've been more on the artsy side lately, than the writing side. This usually happens during the winter...not sure why. :Shrug:

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
Alright, time for me to log off.

Goodnight, NF, and enjoy your vacation. :)

Night, Miz Erie and Battyvamp. :)

*leaves a round for everyone*

:hi:

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Goodnight, L.Y. :hi:

Thanks for the Baileys! I'm off as well. Well, I've always been a little off, but I'm off of here. :D Good to meet and talk to everyone. :hi:

Rockweaver

Registered
Reaction score
I was just listening to Red, the link Rockweaver put up. I was surprised to find that I liked them, yanno...old dragon=old tunes. :D :/

:poke:growing old is required growing up is not. besides good toons should be able to cross generations. play list would prob blow the minds of some peoples.

I feel like such a creep...But still, I thought I'd drop on by the bar here for my nightly Mountain Dew and to say hello. Hello!

do not feel bad. most are a bit overwhelmed when they enter into the halls of stuffs... lol lots of writers + booze = lots o ideas laying around and some very good advice.

*Opens the bar door quietly and slips in, eyes looking around as they adjust to the lighting. She finds a seat at the bar, close enough to everyone to make conversation, but not so close as to be a bother. She smiles shyly at everyone.*

Hiya. Ummm do you happen to have Sour Apple Vodka? Need something to wet the whistle.

Welcome don't worry you are welcome here. should you find the bar a bit much i have a nice corner here you can park in. i broke the light so i could sit in the dark. its quiet, you can hear everything, and no one but the minions every come over here. bottle on the table is mine but hell you are welcome to a shot or 4.

first grats on getting editing done.(i really hate that part) but of greater import is the vacation. enjoy it they are a gift.

Love the dancing banana. I'll see your one and raise you two. :banana: :banana: :banana: :roll:

i will see your :banana: :banana: :banana: and raise you :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: just cause i can :TheWave: :e2headban :nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.