Jed's Super-Dooper Baileys Pub for Newbies, Dragons, Saints & Sinners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Write_Askew

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, BigWords, you speak my language! I love it. Unfortunately, around here there aren't a whole lot of restaurants that carry the good stuff. I usually only drink when I'm out to dinner. If I have a scotch I usually end up making do with The Glinlivit, which is okay but not the best.

I did go on a date once and the girl and I both ordered this fabulous scotch (like $45 a glass, which in my little town is painfully expensive) and I almost forgave her for ordering it on the rocks. Turns out, she ordered what I did to impress me. She hated it and asked the waiter to take it away and bring her a strawberry margarita. Ugh. I had them strain the scotch and I drank it. She didn't get a second date. I was bitterly disappointed.

Of course, my grandfather was a Cordon Bleu trained chef and I grew up with a lot of the good stuff and became a huge alcohol snob. It was pretty painful when I got out into society and discovered that I was indeed a snob and most people who were my age had no taste whatsoever. I'm 30 now, and I swear I still catch a hard time from most of my friends for being a relentless alcohol and food snob. I like to think I just have refined tastes, but what do I know?

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
It surprises me just how few decent drinks are in bars these days - row upon row of sparkly wines which are little more than alcoholic juice, or absolutely awful processed stuff.

There are a few brilliant distilleries which have tours now. :D Just to tempt those who haven't already been lured to the dark side...

Musie

Exalted Tribal Founder
Registered
Reaction score
I'm back!! if anyone noticed I was gone, anyway. :)

I've gotten all of the schoolwork done for the semester... last exam and final paper both got emailed in on Tuesday... I am free, free as a biiiird!! And I did it!! :hooray: For all the doubts that I had earlier this semester, I got through it and I (think that I) did fairly well. :D

I think to celebrate the semester being done and therefore me having more time to write... I will have some Baileys and some of those triple chocolate cookies, if there are any left!!

Write_Askew

Registered
Reaction score
I think there's plenty of cookies left for you. Congrats on finishing the semester in one piece.

Musie

Exalted Tribal Founder
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. :) Grad school isn't super easy but I think I finished this semester well. :snoopy: Especially given chronic bronchitis and other factors playing into it.

How is everyone tonight?

Liralen

Miss Conceived
Registered
Reaction score
Glenfiddich? Glenmorangie? Glen something?

Had to ask him last night at the writers' group -- Laphroaig.

The taste of Scotch, to me, is only slightly better than the taste of gin. It's totally wasted on me.

Now, Irish whiskey or Kentucky bourbon's another matter entirely!

And good tequila.

Or vodka.

But vodka tends to bring out my . . . errr . . . "affectionate" nature :eek:

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Pubbers. :hi:

I wouldn't mind that, it sounds very pleasant.

There is never a minion around when you need one. :D
Ummm...I don't think tail scratching is in my contract.

*goes off to read the fine print of minion contract*

:D

Muse! How have you been? Been wondering about you.

I've gotten all of the schoolwork done for the semester... last exam and final paper both got emailed in on Tuesday... I am free, free as a biiiird!! And I did it!! :hooray: For all the doubts that I had earlier this semester, I got through it and I (think that I) did fairly well. :D
:hooray::snoopy::hooray::snoopy::hooray:

I think to celebrate the semester being done and therefore me having more time to write... I will have some Baileys and some of those triple chocolate cookies, if there are any left!!
*slides over Baileys and plate of triple chocolate chips*

You need to share the cookies with Jed, though. ;)

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
Hey LY! Want to have some Baileys and coffee with me? Its super cold out. We could even skip the coffee, if you think it'd be better.
Oops...sorry I missed this.

*adds more logs to the fireplace*

I'll be glad to join you for some Baileys and coffee. Or just Baileys. :D

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score

*picks up dictionary to look for meaning of the word share*

:eek:

Nope, don't like that word at all.
I was about to write the other day, but couldn't do it. I thought to myself, Where is my muse? :D

CelesteBC

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. :) Grad school isn't super easy but I think I finished this semester well. :snoopy: Especially given chronic bronchitis and other factors playing into it.

How is everyone tonight?

"Grad school isn't easy" might win the understatement of the year award. Congrats on finishing the semester!

I confess I have no interest in "real" drinks. Give me something with an umbrella in it, preferably something that tastes like dessert and I am happy.

Write_Askew

Registered
Reaction score
Liralen, have you ever had bourbon balls? Deadly combination- chocolate and bourbon. Delicious, though...

L.Y. I would be happy to share a bottle of Baileys or four with you. I just finished my holiday shopping and wrapping. I think I've earned a drink!

Celeste, if you like sweet drinks you should totally try Rumchata. It tastes like cinnamon toast crunch milk. Its wonderful. Mix it with cake flavored vodka and it tastes like a cinnabon cinnamon roll.

Musie

Exalted Tribal Founder
Registered
Reaction score
Muse! How have you been? Been wondering about you.

Hey L.Y. :) I've been doing fairly well, thanks. Trying to navigate life living rurally when both your cars are dead (and there's practically no public transportation in the area) is a challenge, though, but thankfully my husband's car got finished in the shop today. $500. :e2thud: And my car still needs to be towed and fixed.

How have you been? :Hug2:

I was about to write the other day, but couldn't do it. I thought to myself, Where is my muse? :D

:D Gotta admit, I giggled a little when I read your post, Jed. Fine, fine, I'll bake you some triple chocolate cookies of your own. And then I can have this entire plate. :hooray:

"Grad school isn't easy" might win the understatement of the year award. Congrats on finishing the semester.

Haha, I guess you're right. :D Thank you. It's my first semester and honestly I think both of my professors are very easy graders. I got a 100% on a paper that was worth 30% of my final grade in my Policy course... so yeah. I didn't know getting that good of a grade was possible... but apparently either I'm a genius (which I doubt ;) ) or she's a very easy grader. Especially because I wrote that paper in 2 days. (I did have my mom proofread it - she got her Master's in English - but she couldn't find any big issues with it, just a few places where I could be less wordy.)

Anyway. Thanks, y'all. :snoopy:

I think I will have one of those bourbon balls if there are any around... they sound so good. Man, y'all are making me kinda sad that I don't drink any alcohol in real life. :D Sounds like there are so many delicious drinks out there.

Liralen

Miss Conceived
Registered
Reaction score
Liralen, have you ever had bourbon balls? Deadly combination- chocolate and bourbon. Delicious, though...

I've been known to make them ;)

Been known to make bourbon laced cake, too. I just took one of these to a dear friend for his 71st birthday. I've made one for him every year for at least the last five.

Cake_zps3ebde4da.jpg

SAppleyard

Making friends with the Deadly Sins
Registered
Reaction score
I think I just died and went to Heaven that cake looks AMAZING!...but definitely sounds dangerous haha

Liralen

Miss Conceived
Registered
Reaction score
It's deadly, lol.

I've tweaked the recipe, as I'm incapable of following one as it's written. It's now got, among other things, a pound of butter and a full dozen X-large eggs.

And then there's the bourbon, lol. I believe in being generous.

Booker

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
It's deadly, lol.

I've tweaked the recipe, as I'm incapable of following one as it's written. It's now got, among other things, a pound of butter and a full dozen X-large eggs.

And then there's the bourbon, lol. I believe in being generous.

Ye gods!

You believe in being generous. And you can cook.

Your definitely in demand now.

Write_Askew

Registered
Reaction score
That cake looks delicious! Wow. I wish I was a better baker, I'd hit you up for the recipe. My grandma makes a spectacular pineapple upside down that has almost an entire bottle of dark rum in it...it bleeds the cherries of their color and streaks the cake red. Its so cool...

Whereismymuse- Lets go ahead and say you're a genius. I think that's probably it. Getting a hundred on any paper no matter what level of college you're in is difficult. Don't sell yourself short.

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Pub, SAppleyard!

:roll:

L.Y. I would be happy to share a bottle of Baileys or four with you. I just finished my holiday shopping and wrapping. I think I've earned a drink!
Christmas shopping? I think you earned more than just four drinks! :e2drunk:

Hey L.Y. :) I've been doing fairly well, thanks. Trying to navigate life living rurally when both your cars are dead (and there's practically no public transportation in the area) is a challenge, though, but thankfully my husband's car got finished in the shop today. $500. :e2thud: And my car still needs to be towed and fixed.

How have you been? :Hug2:
I'm well, but the writing is coming along slow. Very slow. Slooooow. :cry:

Glad your husband's car is fixed. Not so glad about the price. Hope you get yours done soon. Sending :Hug2:'s....

I think I will have one of those bourbon balls if there are any around... they sound so good. Man, y'all are making me kinda sad that I don't drink any alcohol in real life. :D Sounds like there are so many delicious drinks out there.
*slides over a bowl of bourbon balls*

Hmmm. From the recipe I looked up, it has cocoa in it. You might have to share with Jed again. :D

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Hello pubbers. :hi: :welcome: to all the newbies. Just got off of work, could use some Baileys...maybe a case or two. :e2thud:

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
*slides over a Baileys*

Nice to see you, NF. :) Tough day?

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Everyday where I work is a tough day. *sigh*

*gulps down Baileys*

However I'm off for two days, so that's something. :)

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
However I'm off for two days, so that's something. :)
*slides over another Baileys*

That definitely deserves more Baileys. :) Is the old jukebox working?

*heads over to the jukebox with some quarters*

Today's been a weird, kinda depressing day. I needs me some music to mellow out.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
:) aw...you're playing my kind of music. Thanks for the Baileys. Cheers L.Y.

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
Cheers. :)

Feel free to pick some tunes, if you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.