Registered
Reaction score
*leave another round out for NF*

I'm headed out. Take care, NF. I hope you feel better soon. :Hug2:

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Later L.Y. have a good night and thanks for the round. :)

Musie

Exalted Tribal Founder
Registered
Reaction score
Up at 3:30am again. :gaah Oh well, guess that just means more time for hanging out. Or something. *peers around the empty pub*

Yes, we do just have to make it through the stubborn bits. :) Mighty Dragon, I believe that you should start figuring out that pill... although knowing you, it would involve Baileys in some way, shape, or form. ;)

Blinkk - ouch, the thought of that flight makes my head hurt. Talk about getting confused in timezones!! :D *pours you extra Baileys*

Made it through class yesterday. :snoopy: My next challenge is to do the 200 question exam. :gaah At least I have two weeks to do it and it's open book/open notebook?

KawaiiTimes

Sentient Being
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.KawaiiTimes.wordpress.com
Sipping a screwdriver while the LAN party drones on... I have to go to sleep while everyone else stays up to play because the baby will be up in roughly 5 hours.

... but I got all caffeine'd up to stay up this late and now I'm wide awake...

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Up at 3:30am again.
On a weekend? :gaah
My next challenge is to do the 200 question exam. At least I have two weeks to do it and it's open book/open notebook?
Double the Baileys for you. :tongue I always thought open book was easier, but with open book, there is always waaaay more test questions. :gaah

Sipping a screwdriver while the LAN party drones on... I have to go to sleep while everyone else stays up to play because the baby will be up in roughly 5 hours.

:welcome: to the pub, KawaiiTimes! Care for another drink?

Musie

Exalted Tribal Founder
Registered
Reaction score
*waves at KawaiiTimes*

Welcome to the pub. :) Ouch, I hate that feeling, of knowing that sleep is the best thing for you yet not being able to sleep. That's no fun. :gaah

Maybe get some writing done if you don't have anything else pressing? or would that just make you want to stay up even later?

Musie

Exalted Tribal Founder
Registered
Reaction score
Oh hey, L.Y. :) Yeah, I went to bed too early again last night, so here I am, awake and fairly alert. :gaah I was thinking of working on some writing (actually doing so instead of just talking about it) but I'm not sure.

How are you this... evening? morning? :gaah Time zones!! ...We should create a UPT. Universal Pub Time. :D

KawaiiTimes

Sentient Being
Registered
Reaction score
Website
*waves at KawaiiTimes*

Welcome to the pub. :) Ouch, I hate that feeling, of knowing that sleep is the best thing for you yet not being able to sleep. That's no fun. :gaah

Maybe get some writing done if you don't have anything else pressing? or would that just make you want to stay up even later?

Sadly, I have given up my superfreakingawesome computer for the night to one of our house-guests and so I am stuck on a little netbook with nothing on it. I'd have to start a new story from scratch, and I'm really trying to avoid that so I don't get derailed off my current project (which I seem to always be doing).

So, just hanging out waiting for sleep for now.

Musie

Exalted Tribal Founder
Registered
Reaction score
L.Y. - ah cool, that's not too late then. :hooray: What's the weather been like down there lately? I've never gotten to leave the continental US, minus a trip to Canada. But that doesn't quite count. :D

Kawaii - aw, bummer. At least you have a netbook that you can use to get online though, maybe get some ideas here at AW for your current project?

I've started writing my story for the contest. :snoopy: Now if only I remember to continue working on it. 3,000 words seems like a lot for the idea that I have... :gaah ...I'm only at 319 now and I could easily wrap it up in another few hundred words. I really need to figure out how to expand it... *sigh*

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
What's the weather been like down there lately?
It's raining tonight, which a welcome change. I love writing when it's raining outside. Something comforting about the rain....

Other than that, it's been hot for the past month.:flamethrower

How the weather over...umm...

*glances at location*

...Pennsylvania!

KawaiiTimes

Sentient Being
Registered
Reaction score
Website
LY - are you in the rainy season, or the "always beautiful" season?
n/m, you answered my question as I typed it. lol.

Muse - I hate when that happens. I have a piece that is just a few thousand words that I wish I could turn into a full length novel, but the story just really doesn't lend itself to being stretched that far.

As for me, I am trying to sort through how character a is going to react to character b trying to escape the dealy-deal they are in. Once I figure out how I would react to someone escaping something inescapable... I'll be at it like a moth to a flame again. If I could get draft 1 finished by Christmas, I'd be one happy gal.

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
The seasonal change has been arriving here a little later in recent years. It should be a little bit colder with more rain.

Right now, it feels more like summer.

How's the weather over there?

Musie

Exalted Tribal Founder
Registered
Reaction score
L.Y. - oh, I love rain!! It is comforting. It also almost always helps me sleep better at night, especially if we have thunderstorms (which are fairly rare here). How hot is hot there? Here it's been cloudy, rainy, and in the 50s most days ('F). The leaves have all mostly changed color and fallen, so it smells heavenly, but the best colors are gone - first week in October was amazing though. :)

Kawaii - yeah, it is a struggle when that happens. At least now I've gotten past that little hump and it looks like I'll be able to extend this story to maybe 1500 words or so. Maybe more... goodness knows with how my brain is working right now. :D

Maybe the story plot forums could help with you figuring out that part? :) I've heard they're useful but I haven't used them yet myself. I don't know how much you've browsed around AW, but there certainly are a lot of useful writing tools here. Including Baileys. :D

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
During most days, I think mid-80's. Tonight feels like, low seventies, maybe high sixties. Awesome. :yessmiley I would love it in the fifties, though. Cool weather suits me. (Not snow)

We don't have that type of seasonal change here. Kinda sad about that. But I do get to see it here at AW--some people post pictures in other threads.

KawaiiTimes

Sentient Being
Registered
Reaction score
Website
It was 50 today with typical Oregon weather... some sun, some clouds, some hail, some rain showers, more sun, more rain.

Muse - I have been perusing as I've had time over the last week. There is a lot of information and advice, and my time is limited so it is taking me a bit to sort through it all.

Well, I think tiredness is finally overtaking me. Goodnight, all.

Musie

Exalted Tribal Founder
Registered
Reaction score
Oh goodness, mid-80s. I would melt. :D I don't do well with hot temperatures... I have chronic pain so warm weather is nice (or else layering is nice), but anything above 75'F usually gets me uncomfortable. If it's humid, especially. I think I could tolerate dry heat better.

I'm looking forward to snow. :D I know, doesn't make much sense, but last winter was so... piddly. We only had 2 snows the entire winter and I don't think it ever got much below 25'F. Usually it gets down to zero or a little below for a good bit of the winter, and we get a lot of snow... but last winter was so annoying. So much rain, so much cold mud.

But they're forecasting a harsh winter for us here, so we'll see. We might not get much of a middle-ground. :gaah

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
Good night, Kawaii. :hi:

But they're forecasting a harsh winter for us here
But snow is so...cold. Brrrrrr. Well, I hope your Winter is not too harsh.

On that note, I should be getting back to writing.

Thanks for the chat, Muse, Kawaii. Have a great Sunday! :)

Last edited:

Musie

Exalted Tribal Founder
Registered
Reaction score
Snow is very cold. :D And I don't have a 4WD car so I really shouldn't be hoping for a lot of snow, since it tends to just stay on the roads here unless it's very cold and gets blown off...

You're welcome. :) Have fun writing!! I'm still working on my story... :gaah I hate it when I have all of these ideas for it and yet need to be able to get concepts across in just dialogue (well, 75% dialogue...). I'll have to have my mom (English teacher) proof-read it for me I guess, to see if it makes sense, before I submit it. After editing, of course. ;)

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! :)

I'm still working on my story... :gaah I hate it when I have all of these ideas for it and yet need to be able to get concepts across in just dialogue (well, 75% dialogue...). I'll have to have my mom (English teacher) proof-read it for me I guess, to see if it makes sense, before I submit it. After editing, of course. ;)
It's great to hear that your entering! Good luck! :)

See ya later! :hi:

Musie

Exalted Tribal Founder
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, L.Y. :) I'm glad I stopped waffling about it. I just need to make sure I finish it/edit it/proof-read it on time. :D I have such a horrible memory, and... yeah. Hopefully I'll be able to finish up the draft today.

I think this calls for more Baileys!! *hunts down the Sekrit Stash*

:hooray:

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
Good morning pubbers. :hi:

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score

:hi: Welcome to the Pub.

L. Y.

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Mighty Dragon! :welcome: to the pub! ;)

*wanders off to do some chores*

Status
Not open for further replies.