Jed's Super-Dooper Baileys Pub for Newbies, Dragons, Saints & Sinners

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOEL66

Registered
Reaction score
I'd like to read other people's work, to get ideas, offer critiques, etc., and checked out Main Share Your Work, but found it confusing. Where exactly do I find work that other writers are looking to have critiqued?

Noel 66

NOEL66

Registered
Reaction score
I did a critique of your chapter

Hey Honeybug,

I found your chapter and critiqued it. Now, I hope I did it correctly and you were able to find it. Ohhh, this a bit confusing!!! BTW, it's an interesting beginning to a story.

Noel66

Hey Noel! :welcome: Since you are new to AW, let me first say glad to have ya here!! Visit the AW Newbie Guide for a quick lesson in learning your way around the place! It's quite large. We usually have a few people who regular the pub so if you ever have any questions, just throw them out there and one of us will be glad to assist! :D

As for my WIP---just click the link in my sig and it will direct you right to my 1st chapter! I love having fresh eyes checking my work so please check it out and feedback is always welcomed. After you have reached the 50 posts mark, you can then share your work (SYW) for other AW'ers to view and comment on!!

Enjoy your stay here and come back anytime! :D

kobold

bedeviled
Registered
Reaction score
This infinite cake is awesome.

Honeybug, your 1st Chapter WIP held my interest. Maybe you'll get a chance to critique mine when I get the chance to post it. Just like Tolkien and C.S. Lewis (two writers who also went to the pub)!

Here everyone, I brought some infinite chips.

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Honeybug,

I found your chapter and critiqued it. Now, I hope I did it correctly and you were able to find it. Ohhh, this a bit confusing!!! BTW, it's an interesting beginning to a story.

Noel66

Got it and luvs the suggestions!! So glad you enjoyed it... hoping I can master the art of present tense. It truly is a challenge! :D

This infinite cake is awesome.

Honeybug, your 1st Chapter WIP held my interest. Maybe you'll get a chance to critique mine when I get the chance to post it. Just like Tolkien and C.S. Lewis (two writers who also went to the pub)!

Here everyone, I brought some infinite chips.

*grabs handful of chips*

Glad you enjoyed it!! Will definitely check your chapter out when you post it! Remember you can increase your post points faster by leaving comments for others! They in turn will hopefully check your work. Put on that tough skin and get out there!! :D

kobold

bedeviled
Registered
Reaction score
Honeybug, where do you get that enthusiasm? Not that I didn't have any, but it's contagious! You sure do have the right approach!

I will definitely seek out and comment on others' work as I find my newbie way around here. But so far, this is the coolest place I have ever been to in my life (and I've been to downtown Berlin).

Have some more chips! Here's some homemade dip.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Black? Sugar? Cream? Baileys? or a stiff shot of whiskey?

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
Honeybug, where do you get that enthusiasm? Not that I didn't have any, but it's contagious! You sure do have the right approach!

I will definitely seek out and comment on others' work as I find my newbie way around here. But so far, this is the coolest place I have ever been to in my life (and I've been to downtown Berlin).

Have some more chips! Here's some homemade dip.

I have to say---it all started here!! In the pub!! It doesn't hurt to have a good attitude to start with but when you have peeps that are welcoming and interested and listen and well... just gives ya that extra boost! :D

You definitely have to weed out some that are harsh. Although their intent may be good, their approach sometimes is off. You truly have to have a tough skin and an open ear! ;) The pub is the bestest!!

*Indulges in more chips and homemade dip*

I could eat this all day!! What is your genre Kobold?

Jill Karg

So many WIPs which one to work on
Registered
Reaction score
Hi my favorite pubbers. I have missed you all and hope everyone is doing well. I am doing fine, just hitting pavement (looking for new job), editing, editing and more editing of books, and taking care of a 5 year old that just started t-ball. Life is good and I will try not to be a stranger.

Love ya all,
Passing the baileys around,
Just Jill

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Good to see you, Jill. :)

Hello and welcome, newbies! Hope you're finding your way around AW. :) Have any questions there's plenty of people around to ask.

I'm still in the hospital, so won't be here much. Might be released tomorrow, maybe. Was put into ICU, they couldn't find any blood for me, so i was dying. My surgeon had to break out an emergency surgery to save me. Anyway two days in the hospital they finally found some blood for me. four bags...it'll keep me alive and if that surgery works, then my disorder will be cured forever. So we'll see. Right now I have a chest/lung infection after that's taken care of I'll be released. :)

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Was put into ICU, they couldn't find any blood for me, so i was dying. My surgeon had to break out an emergency surgery to save me. Anyway two days in the hospital they finally found some blood for me. four bags...it'll keep me alive and if that surgery works, then my disorder will be cured forever. So we'll see. Right now I have a chest/lung infection after that's taken care of I'll be released. :)

That sounds really scary. Sending all sorts of healthy vibes your way. Check in again when you can, eh?

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
That sounds really scary. Sending all sorts of healthy vibes your way. Check in again when you can, eh?

It was touch and go for the first two days, but okay now. My blood is just really, really hard to find because I've had 17 blood transfusions that led to different antibodies in the blood. But they found some in Dallas or Houston or someplace. I'm hoping to break out of here by tomorrow. :) Just need to kick this infection's butt. :D :Hug2: Thankyou.

Oh my god, night-flyer! Are you serious?

I'll echo the previous post -- all positive vibes in your direction. Please be all right!

Thank you kobold. Hope you are enjoying AW and finding your way around. Great people here. Thanks for the positive vibes. :)

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
So glad you're doing better, nighty and so hoping you will be outta there tomorrow. That'd be great! :Hug2:s!

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
Night!!! Missin ya bunches over here! Stay healthy, stay strong! Can't wait for you to come home! :D

(Will help ya to the sekrit, sekrit stash and we shall celebrate your homecoming together!)

*Sends out invites to Night's coming home party*

Luvs ya girl!! :Hug2:

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*sneaks a drink from the sekrit sekrit stash before Honey hides it again.*

Hey, I didn't get an invitation!! I'm gonna crash that party, y'all. I knows what Nifer has been craving since her unfortunate incarceration... :D

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
'Bout time!!!

You know ya don't need a special invite! Will have to get a date from night to see when she's up to the celebration! Hear she might get released soon so hope she's feeling better!

*slides swachski special mug of baileys*

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
*drags into pub*

*puts on pot 'o' coffee---strong*

Mornin peeps! Was hopin to sleep in a bit today but, who can sleep with all that racket goin on outside!! Damn early birds!!

*slumps on couch*

*waits for coffee*

kobold

bedeviled
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for making coffee, HoneyBug! (and also thanx for the rep!:]) I'm not entirely sure yet how that works, but I know it's good.

I brought breakfast squares!

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
*walks into Pub*

HELLO (echo--echo--echo)

*walks over to wall with hammer*

*hangs picture of fav dragon*

Maybe this will bring 'em back in!!!

NOEL66

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I need a drink, anything will do as long as it's sharp, strong and long - and without those little paper umbrellas, but I'll take the pineapple and cherry, please.

Anyone ever have the dilemia of whether to pick up a novel you've already decided to dump (I wrote one earlier in the year, self-published it, thought it sucked 'cause it got a poor reception - (okay, I was probably a little impatient, too.) Now I'm getting feedback from some readers who really liked it and are now looking forward to the second book. It was going to be a trilogy. I don't know what to do. At this point I hate the damn book, but not the subject. I know I have to do some rewriting, but I'm stumped. I decided to self-publish, but have recently rethought that after some advice from other folks who said if you're really serious the only way to go is hit the "Big 6" and pray for a miracle. Any suggestions, ideas, etc.

Thanks,

Noel 66

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone ever have the dilemia of whether to pick up a novel you've already decided to dump (I wrote one earlier in the year, self-published it, thought it sucked 'cause it got a poor reception - (okay, I was probably a little impatient, too.) Now I'm getting feedback from some readers who really liked it and are now looking forward to the second book. It was going to be a trilogy. I don't know what to do. At this point I hate the damn book, but not the subject.

I've got one of those too, if it makes you feel any less alone.

Can you cannibalize it for the good parts, and build a better/different novel around them? Do you have a sense about what it is that works and doesn't work? Sometimes it's easier to start clean and just pull back in bits and pieces of the old, and sometimes you can just revise it into shape. And sometimes you need to just go write something else entirely for a while.

If you've already self-published it, and want to try to salvage it and go with traditional publishing, you'll need to substantially change it before anyone will want to look at it, unfortunately.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
So glad you're doing better, nighty and so hoping you will be outta there tomorrow. That'd be great! :Hug2:s!

Night!!! Missin ya bunches over here! Stay healthy, stay strong! Can't wait for you to come home! :D

(Will help ya to the sekrit, sekrit stash and we shall celebrate your homecoming together!)

*Sends out invites to Night's coming home party*

Luvs ya girl!! :Hug2:

*sneaks a drink from the sekrit sekrit stash before Honey hides it again.*

Hey, I didn't get an invitation!! I'm gonna crash that party, y'all. I knows what Nifer has been craving since her unfortunate incarceration... :D

'Bout time!!!

You know ya don't need a special invite! Will have to get a date from night to see when she's up to the celebration! Hear she might get released soon so hope she's feeling better!

*slides swachski special mug of baileys*

:Hug2: Thanks friends. <3

I have been freed from the hospital IV's that bound me. Sore, tired, but getting a little better each day. Always feeling well enough for some of the sekrit, sekrit stash. :D Matter-of-fact, could of used that in the hospital. lol!

Missed ya tons, Honeybug! :)

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
Good to have you back nighty!!

*runs for sekrit, sekrit stash*

Will have this all ready for ya when you return!

:D

peydob

Banned
Reaction score
Wishing you a speedy recovery night-flyer....and lots of cows

Status
Not open for further replies.