Jed's Super-Dooper Baileys Pub for Newbies, Dragons, Saints & Sinners

Status
Not open for further replies.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I think I'm ready for coffee now...one can only drink 'tea' for so long.

I fell asleep. I only got three hours of sleep last night, I'll probably get less tonight since I just woke up and have to get up at six a.m again. :e2bummed:

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Why yes you do, Susie. <3 However the chocolate aroma is everywhere you go, cuz you got them prelicked cakes in your pocket. :D

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
That's too many questions for this late hour, call back in the morning. :p

Welcome to AW, kobold. And I rarely ever know what's going on here.

Sit back, relax, enjoy your...um..Berliner-weisse and Susie brought cake if you're inclined to sweets. I'm not the bartender, I just play one at AW sometimes when I'm not too drunk from the 'tea'...

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2: Hang in there Night, it'll get better!!

:hi: Susie!! Glad you could stop by for a visit!

*sneaks cupcakes from Susie's basket*

:welcome: Kobold!! There's much to see in our AW world, so after you've checked out the many forums, come back anytime to the Pub. We're here... sometimes... most of the time... usually... well, we'll be around!! :D

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
I need to come in here mo' often. I smell the aroma of chokolit and wonderful friends!

And so you have found 'em :)

I think I'm ready for coffee now...one can only drink 'tea' for so long.

I can drink tea forever; coffee is a once or twice a year thing for me. Hope you get more sleep tonight!

What is going on here, and could I possibly get a Berliner-weisse?

Whatever it is, I am certain we have it. Because we have everything :) Welcome to AW and the Pub!

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
*flits into front door*

*looks around empty pub*

Saturday evening and no one around! I must be too early!

:D

DivaJZ

Registered
Reaction score
Probably a bit too early.............Hi all - thought I'd check back in and see what's going on - I'm a newbie. I should be working on my blog, and figure out how to get people to read - but then again, guess I gotta write something new first...........by the way, this IS a writing forum, right? I rarely see ya'll yakking about writing.......but I guess this is just the bar........plenty of threads for writing I suppose. But when I first joined up, this seemed like the fun place to hang out. Have a good weekend all!

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
There really is so much to see---so much to do here!!! In the pub, however, we chill, drink, dance, wash our worries away and enjoy the chatting with each other! :D Glad to have ya! Have a great weekend!!

DivaJZ

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Honey!

Glad to be here - put away a couple of glasses of wine while watching movies this afternoon and early evening - so done with the drinking.......have fun without me!

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Honeybug, sorry I missed you earlier! Yeah, dead for a Saturday -- my own excuse is that I'm busy packing.

by the way, this IS a writing forum, right? I rarely see ya'll yakking about writing.......but I guess this is just the bar........plenty of threads for writing I suppose. But when I first joined up, this seemed like the fun place to hang out. Have a good weekend all!

Writers are nothing if not REALLY GOOD at procrastinating :)

But yes, this is a writer's forum, and there's a lot of good places to discuss the actual craft & business to be had. What sorts of things do you write?

DivaJZ

Registered
Reaction score
I had to laugh - you're right on about the procrastinating thing! I didn't realize it was a writers' habit! I'm pretty all over the place genre-wise.......but I think my forte is humor. I'd like to be the next Erma Bombeck........here's a link to my stuff...........:)

http://contributor.yahoo.com/user/1428443/jeanette_flint.html

Hey Honeybug, sorry I missed you earlier! Yeah, dead for a Saturday -- my own excuse is that I'm busy packing.

Writers are nothing if not REALLY GOOD at procrastinating :)

But yes, this is a writer's forum, and there's a lot of good places to discuss the actual craft & business to be had. What sorts of things do you write?

DivaJZ

Registered
Reaction score

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
I had to laugh - you're right on about the procrastinating thing! I didn't realize it was a writers' habit! I'm pretty all over the place genre-wise.......but I think my forte is humor. http://contributor.yahoo.com/user/1428443/jeanette_flint.html

There's a humor board on AW, if you haven't found it already.

Writer procrastination is frequently referred to as "cat-vacuuming", as in: I've washed the dishes, folded the laundry, organized my sock drawer, alphabetized my lint collection, and dusted every bookshelf in the house; now all I need to do is vacuum the cat and then I'll sit down and do some writing for sure."

DivaJZ

Registered
Reaction score
AW - Humor Board

Oh duh!!! Absolute Write - never mind - I thought it was the Water Cooler, but that's this particular thread......gotcha! What does AW stand for? I haven't mastered moving around this site very well yet.......can you hook me up with a direct link? Thanks! ;)

There's a humor board on AW, if you haven't found it already.

Writer procrastination is frequently referred to as "cat-vacuuming", as in: I've washed the dishes, folded the laundry, organized my sock drawer, alphabetized my lint collection, and dusted every bookshelf in the house; now all I need to do is vacuum the cat and then I'll sit down and do some writing for sure."

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
Mornin Diva!!

Brought some hot cinnamon rolls in! Hope there's coffee!

If you haven't been yet, you shoud go here---
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66315
It's the Newbie Guide and will explain everything about anything... or the other way around. Either way, it's the best tool for educating yourself on the do's, don'ts, rights & wrongs and whatever else there is.

If you ever need anything more---come here and ask!! :D Someone will eventually get to answering ya (if they are not to intoxicated) Bestest peeps ever!!!

Oh, my story link is in my sig---but I see you have already been there. I am gettin ready to check your link now!! Right after I finish this cinnamon roll!! :D

DivaJZ

Registered
Reaction score
Rolls........

Well thanks for the thought, but trying to lay off the dang cinnamon rolls; got some here but had bacon and egg/toast instead......need some protein once in a while.....thanks for taking a look at my stuff.......
J

Mornin Diva!!

Brought some hot cinnamon rolls in! Hope there's coffee!

If you haven't been yet, you shoud go here---
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66315
It's the Newbie Guide and will explain everything about anything... or the other way around. Either way, it's the best tool for educating yourself on the do's, don'ts, rights & wrongs and whatever else there is.

If you ever need anything more---come here and ask!! :D Someone will eventually get to answering ya (if they are not to intoxicated) Bestest peeps ever!!!

Oh, my story link is in my sig---but I see you have already been there. I am gettin ready to check your link now!! Right after I finish this cinnamon roll!! :D

Snowybunny12

Registered
Reaction score
*raises hand* Is this the kind of pub that allows bar fights? Also can I have some Orange Juice? :D

kobold

bedeviled
Registered
Reaction score
I'll have another, and some of that cake if there's any left (after how long?) A cinnamon roll if there's no longer any cake.

I'm aware of writers making the greatest procrastinators, but the fact is, I really have vacuumed a cat.

Great pub you've got here, you guys!

NOEL66

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Honeybug,

I'm a newbie here, but would love to take a look at your WIP, lst chapter. I've been writing for about 30 years, written four novels, published poet, so I do know something about the craft. I just want to read other people's workk, learn from them, see what they are doing, their techinqiue, etc.

Noel 66.

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Noel! :welcome: Since you are new to AW, let me first say glad to have ya here!! Visit the AW Newbie Guide for a quick lesson in learning your way around the place! It's quite large. We usually have a few people who regular the pub so if you ever have any questions, just throw them out there and one of us will be glad to assist! :D

As for my WIP---just click the link in my sig and it will direct you right to my 1st chapter! I love having fresh eyes checking my work so please check it out and feedback is always welcomed. After you have reached the 50 posts mark, you can then share your work (SYW) for other AW'ers to view and comment on!!

Enjoy your stay here and come back anytime! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.