Jed's Super-Dooper Baileys Pub for Newbies, Dragons, Saints & Sinners

Status
Not open for further replies.

byfar

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I looove eggnog with a lot of rum, I must have some ancient sailor traits in me (a pirate ones maybe). I hope you've milked our cows cause I like fresh vanilla milk.

The rummy eggnog is hittin my brain so I feel like singing this to you all:

You know I'm here for the party
And I aint leavin till they throw me out

Gonna have a little fun gonna get me some
You know im here, im here for the party

:PartySmil

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I wrapped this for night-flyer. Do you think she'll be able to tell what it is?

cow.jpg

What is it? What is it? aw, it's a cow quilt, just for me. :Hug2: It's much softer than all these cow hides I have lying around the cave. Thanks Spiral!!

Just for that I'll dig around my cave and see if I can find you a nice present.

hmm...cow bones, cow skulls, live cows, a knight's helmet, a sword, no, no, no. These will never do.

Hey, I haven't slayed this guy yet, do you want him?
DSC_0518.jpg

I can put a bow around him. :D

Oh, where is night?
Hiding out of sight?
Not flying a kite.
Nor starting a fight.
Wonderous and bright.
She is our night.
Hiding from sight.
Where are you night?

aw, an ode for me! You're sweet for such a mighty dragon. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Pay no attention to the dragon behind the quilted cow Spiral---me thinks he's had a touch too much!! :e2drunk:

:D I have inspired a poet and didn't know it!! :ROFL:

*must drink whatever the might one is having*

*spys oddly shaped gift under tree; bears striking resemblence to night*

Hey---anybody shake this pressie to see what's in it??? :poke:

pour me one of those, too!

Hey it's hard to be in my coma when people keep shaking me.

*pulls out marker*

*writes: Fragile, no shaking. Do not open 'til Christmas, feed and leave bottles of Baileys for pressie daily*

Last edited:

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, I haven't slayed this guy yet, do you want him?
DSC_0518.jpg

I can put a bow around him. :D
Now---if he looked more like Orlando Bloom---you could just toss him this way!!! Forget the slaying and wrapping! :D

pour me one of those, too!

Hey it's hard to be in my coma when people keep shaking me.

*pulls out marker*

*writes: Fragile, no shaking. Do not open 'til Christmas, feed and leave bottles of Baileys for pressie daily*

You got it!! Will guard your pressie with my sekrit powers. One mighty dragon will be difficult, but I have something special for that one!! :D

KyraDune

Finding Beauty In Negative Spaces
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kyradune.weebly.com

byfar

Banned
Reaction score
I found this in the ancient scripts of Merlin The Sorcerer:

6 eggs
3/4 cup brandy
1/2 cup Jamaican rum
2 cups milk

Rats! 6 Eggs. We need chicken-gifts. Who is in charge of gifts?

I was going to post a song "Happy Christmas War Is Over" by John Lennon but I couldn't find a single original song by them to save my life. I found countless bad imitations of it and got sick and in desperate need of some eggnog. Gulp Gulp Gulp

Has anyone magical powers to find that song….thx very muchly.

In meantime ….. Skid Row - Jingle Bells (click me)

Dashing through the snow
In a one horse open sleigh
O'er the fields we go
Laughing all the way
Bells on bob tails ring
Making spirits bright
What fun it is to laugh and sing
A sleighing song tonight

Oh, jingle bells, jingle bells
Jingle all the way
Oh, what fun it is to ride
Jingle bells, jingle bells
Jingle all the way
Oh, what fun it is to ride

Last edited:

DMac

Registered
Reaction score
Cool, eggnog. *pours glass, takes a sip, makes a sour face* Um, I think your milk’s gone bad. *takes another sip* My mistake. *gets cup of coffee* I’ve had my quota for the year.
Nice trees. Rather festive. Gifties! *pokes vagely Night shaped gift:e2poke:* It's like the red button with the sign "DO NOT PUSH THIS". Ya gotta just to see what happens.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Ooo, oo, all drinks are on me for the next round. I am celebrating!!:hooray:

What? Well, I just put together a list of stuff to stick into a story. Woo Hoo!

You see normally I spend most of my morning doing stuff, washing, chores, you know the type of thing, so writing gets stuck behind all that 'life' stuff and eventually the idea I had probably disappears. So this time I took a pencil and a piece of paper with me and just started writing down a list of ideas while I was doing everything else.

I realise it seems obvious, but I'm new at this kind of thing and it's not as if I can delegate so I'm celebrating, come on in and have a drink and I think I have some nuts and raisins, oh and there's some olives over there, and if all that's too much I can dig out the fruit bowl.

KyraDune

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kyradune.weebly.com
I was going to post a song "Happy Christmas War Is Over" by John Lennon but I couldn't find a single original song by them to save my life. I found countless bad imitations of it and got sick and in desperate need of some eggnog. Gulp Gulp Gulp

Has anyone magical powers to find that song….thx very muchly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8Vfp48laS8

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
*steps into quiet pub*

*places plate of Baileys laced fudge on bar*

For all my pub peeps with little peeps--don't forget to go here! Santa's watch village with lots of games and updates from the big guy himself!!

HOHOHO!!

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
*steps into quiet pub*

*places plate of Baileys laced fudge on bar*

Ooooh, thanks, I needed that. I'm having one of those insecure, nobody-likes-me, I'm-the-most-boring-person-on-the-planet days. OTOH, at least I don't have relatives coming for the holidays to tell me that to my face, so overall it's still a slight win.

Happy Holidays to everyone, this place gets me through some days, and I :heart: you all.

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
Hiya zanzjan!! There's plenty more where that came from. Glad to have ya here! :D Make sure you check out the Santa Site for the kiddies! You won't be so boring to them!

Santa Site

*throws another log on fire*

*grabs another piece of fudge laced with baileys*

:drool:

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Make sure you check out the Santa Site for the kiddies!

The two little ones are all having a nap, or at least Attempt #2 at one. Attempt #1 ended when they managed to break down the gate to their room and went on a wild rampage upstairs, resulting in them both needing a bath and a rug having to be cleaned. I'll note that the amount of time between when I'd last checked on them and they were fine and when the rampage was halted in progress was about seven minutes. I have efficiently destructive toddlers.

DMac

Registered
Reaction score
I'm having one of those insecure, nobody-likes-me, I'm-the-most-boring-person-on-the-planet days. OTOH, at least I don't have relatives coming for the holidays to tell me that to my face, so overall it's still a slight win.
I get to be the annoying relative visiting tomorrow. If I had my way I would just see them next year, but it tis the season.
*grabs fudge and coffee* There is something familiar about this fudge. Tastes good but….it will come to me later. Maybe.
Merry Christmas pubbers, thanks for making an old fogy feel welcome even though I am not even it your skill bracket. This has been an entertaining time and I look forward to many more. See you next week.

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2: I like you, zanjzan.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. The fudge is awesome Honey!

byfar

Banned
Reaction score
I've just stopped by Jed's Pub to have a jug of eggnog. 80 % of rum and brandy and the rest whatever happens to be, please.

A thought of William Faulkner made me do it. He liked to entertain himself with a heavenly nectar (a drink of the gods I reckon).What about Ernest Hemingway!? Don't start me on that.

My dear writers how you kickstart your brains when they are completely blank and you are not completely insane like myself, is beyond me.

Another jug of a heavenly nectar, I say!

Last night a thousand stars lit up the sky. I attended The Christmas Eve Midnight Mass. So many people old and young were there. Such an event to remember.

Carried away in Christmas spirit I wish you all a Happy Christmas and Merry New Year, and here some more pressies that turn into whatever you wish for.

Other magical pressies night-flyer turned into cows and ate them scattering the bones around her cave.

@ KyraDune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8Vfp48laS8

I love it but unfortunately it's not the original because Joko Ono is in it and no offence she can't sing.

@ honeybug my honey, it's never quiet around here at least as long as I'm making a dreadful noise called singing and playing my heavy metal guitar and playing all songs on our pub's magic jukebox.

Throw another log on the fire and sing something to us if you dare.

post scriptum
where can I ask for the technical help regarding Font Family and Font Color. My personal settings don't work

Last edited:

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Joyous Yule, and/or otherwise Wonderful Winter to you all! :D

I get to be the annoying relative visiting tomorrow. If I had my way I would just see them next year, but it tis the season. ... Merry Christmas pubbers, thanks for making an old fogy feel welcome even though I am not even it your skill bracket. This has been an entertaining time and I look forward to many more. See you next week.

Relatives aren't annoying by default. It's a carefully cultivated skill, like so much else in life. :)

As for skill... we all started somewhere, and we all started at different times in our lives for different reasons. It's not where you are, it's where you're heading. And this is a great place to help you get there. :)

:Hug2: I like you, zanjzan.

Aw. I like you too.

*steps shyly into the pub*

I've just stopped by Jed's Pub to have a jug of eggnog.

:welcome:
Welcome supernaturalsam and byfar, and I think DMac also slipped in the door while I was away, so welcome as well.

where can I ask for the technical help regarding Font Family and Font Color. My personal settings don't work
Start here: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=81

There may be something in the FAQ, I don't know. Good luck!

KyraDune

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kyradune.weebly.com
*steps shyly into the pub*

Okay, so I've never actually been inside a pub or a bar, for that matter. Prepare for me to make a complete fool of myself!

*dances*

images

Flare and I are wishing all of you a Happy Holiday Season, whatever Holiday you may be celebrating. Or, even if you're not celebrating. Whatever. Drinks are on me.

byfar

Banned
Reaction score
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Joyous Yule, and/or otherwise Wonderful Winter to you all! :D

Relatives aren't annoying by default. It's a carefully cultivated skill, like so much else in life. :)

As for skill... we all started somewhere, and we all started at different times in our lives for different reasons. It's not where you are, it's where you're heading. And this is a great place to help you get there. :)

Aw. I like you too.

Welcome supernaturalsam and byfar, and I think DMac also slipped in the door while I was away, so welcome as well.

Start here: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=81

There may be something in the FAQ, I don't know. Good luck!

Thanks for welcoming us into the pub. I guess it is appropriate to start a new acquaintance while slightly drunk with eggnog or something else to brake the unpleasant introduction formalities of everyday life.

I am even contemplating joining supernaturalsam in her dance and hopping she's got a steel-cap boots on. But I must say I excel at dancing Macarena.

I've just made a tread Fonts and Colors on Tech Help section (it's the link you gave me) so if you have some knowledge in tech stuff you're welcome there.

Before I go I'll have another jug of eggnog and smoke my pipe and listen to Gregorian Happy Xmas (clik).

Last edited:

Honeybug

Working my way up!
Registered
Reaction score
MERRY CHRISTMAS PUB PEEPS!!

Is it time to open the pressies yet? How 'bout now? Now? Ooohhh, do I have to wait for everyone to arrive?

:welcome: to all new pub peeps!! I'm sure you'll find a pressie under the tree for you too! :D

byfar--I'm not sure what the problem is that you are having, but if you click on advance reply--there is a font/size on the box. If this isn't the problem you are having then forget I said that. Just ignore me---I'll be by the fire practicing my singing....

O' Christmas Tree
O' Christmas Tree
When can I open
Pressie under thee

:D *Sips coffee with baileys* *Clears throat*

Spiral

looking at the stars
Registered
Reaction score
Merry Christmas everyone! I'm super excited right now--writing this on my new iPad!

supernaturalsam

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for welcoming us into the pub. I guess it is appropriate to start a new acquaintance while slightly drunk with eggnog or something else to brake the unpleasant introduction formalities of everyday life.

I am even contemplating joining supernaturalsam in her dance and hopping she's got a steel-cap boots on. But I must say I excel at dancing Macarena.

I've just made a tread Fonts and Colors on Tech Help section (it's the link you gave me) so if you have some knowledge in tech stuff you're welcome there.

Before I go I'll have another jug of eggnog and smoke my pipe and listen to Gregorian Happy Xmas (clik).

I can surely find the steel-toed boots if I need to. As for the macarena, I am also a master of that dance...which I'm not sure if we should be admitting that or not! :ROFL:

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
*unwraps presents*

cows and baileys!!! How did you guys know? :Hug2:

Merry Christmas all. And welcome to the newbies. Wishing you the happiest of holidays.

someone can open me now...

Status
Not open for further replies.