AW Amazon Affiliate Store

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: First One Publishing / Karen Hunter Publishing

Threaded View

practical experience, FTW xccorpio's Avatar

First One Publishing / Karen Hunter Publishing

This one is just out of the oven: First One Publishing.

Its about us sounds oddly familiar, it reminds me of Carina Press, Harlequin's digital-first imprint. Besides it’s interesting the way it states, “First One Publishing is the first major publisher to put the ebook first.” Bold is mine. It started this morning and is already major.

Meanwhile, it’s introduced accurately by Paul Biba like this, “First One Digital Publishing is a new brand of publishing company focused on publishing literary content primarily for digital e-reader outlets and devices.” [read story here]

I was enthusiastic about it until I read its writing contest rules. Specially this part: FEES: There will be a $149.00 entrance fee for each submission. The fee must be paid online before the manuscript will be accepted.

Yes, I know many literary contests charge a fee, but I personally think this is too much. I kept reading and despite the well design website, my instinct tells me something is amiss. It’s my personal opinion, which I’m sharing here. I apology in advance, if I’m wrong, and this publisher has good intentions, is all legit and professional. Only time will tell.
    Last edited by xccorpio; 01-13-2011 at 07:54 PM. Reason: I appended more hyperlinks.