Market your book everwhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cathy_Stucker

Registered
Reaction score
Website
SellingBooks.com
I was teaching a class one night. On my way out of the building, I had a conversation with someone in the elevator. Before we reached the ground floor, I had sold her a book!

HapiSofi

Hagiographically Advantaged
Registered
Reaction score
I always put my book in the bestseller stand
The bookstore employees who have to undo your work do not love you. They can't let your book sit in that slot.

Sorry to ask, i haven't yet published a book - but how can you make a living or earn anything at all if you market a book a day?
You can't. Most self-published books make little or no money for their authors. 99.7% of self-publishers aren't doing it because it's a superior way to get published; they're doing it because they can't get published via conventional means.

DrugWarAnalyst

Drug War Consultant and Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.longmireconsulting.com
I have large magnets on the sides of my car advertising the upcoming release of my book. When I recently went to Goodwill to drop off some donations, they caught the eye of the two guys unloading cars, who said they wanted to buy a copy! I gave them each one of the little business cards I had printed up with the book cover, a blurb, and info on where they could pre-order it.

MariaZ

Doggone it! She's back.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariazannini.blogspot.com
It seems the best way to sell a book is to simply bring it up in conversation. I was shocked when my chiropractor asked me what I did for a living. I told her I wrote steamy paranormal books. And she bought it on the spot.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
The bookstore employees who have to undo your work do not love you. They can't let your book sit in that slot.

Not only that, but it's likely wasted effort. If the book is self-pubbed, then what are the chances it's even in their system to sell if someone wants to buy a copy?

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Many times, "reverse shoplifting", as I've seen it referred to, usually just results in a loss to the author. If it's not in a bookstore's inventory system, they can't sell the book.

Status
Not open for further replies.