Status
Not open for further replies.

SandraBeckwith

Helping authors promote
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.buildbookbuzz.com
I contributed to this article on what to put in your online press kit --you might find the info helpful. I've got an online press kit template as well as templates and sample materials for press kit elements in my media relations workbook for authors, too.

Printed press kits are used more for face-to-face marketing than publicity these days -- you might use one when talking to a meeting planner in person about getting a speaking gig, or when meeting with the community relations coordinator at a local bookstore when discussing a potential booksigning, etc.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Sandy

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
(As a book reviewer my suggestion is not to send press kits to reviewers--I have no use for them and end up throwing them out).

SandraBeckwith

Helping authors promote
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.buildbookbuzz.com
Right -- reviewers need just the book and an announcement release. Online media/press kits have tools authors can use to pitch story ideas, get interviewed on their topic, etc.

Cheers,
Sandy

jmascia

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. I was wondering about press kits myself. This was most helpful.

Deleted member 42

Don't attache a press kit to email to anyone unless they ask for it.

You can send them to a link where they can download.

Splendad

Correcting a man? Be right.
Registered
Reaction score
East, northeast, or southest of you, probably
Website
wordsrock.blogspot.com
I contributed to this article on what to put in your online press kit --you might find the info helpful. I've got an online press kit template as well as templates and sample materials for press kit elements in my media relations workbook for authors, too.

Printed press kits are used more for face-to-face marketing than publicity these days -- you might use one when talking to a meeting planner in person about getting a speaking gig, or when meeting with the community relations coordinator at a local bookstore when discussing a potential booksigning, etc.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Sandy

Sandy, this is something I would consider buying. Has anybody else here used it? Got any feedback or input?

SandraBeckwith

Helping authors promote
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.buildbookbuzz.com
There are a couple of testimonials (including one from a book editor at a publishing house) at that link and I just got another one in an e-mail last month: "As a first-time author your Build Book Buzz templates were an incredible value. Saved me a ton of time and more importantly ensured that my first effort was a professional one. In the first 3 days of my publicity efforts, 3 editors have downloaded material that was built from your templates. Thanks for everything."

Feel free to send me a note to [email protected] with questions -- I'm happy to help.

Thanks,
Sandy

Sargentodiaz

Registered
Reaction score
There are a couple of testimonials (including one from a book editor at a publishing house) at that link and I just got another one in an e-mail last month: "As a first-time author your Build Book Buzz templates were an incredible value. Saved me a ton of time and more importantly ensured that my first effort was a professional one. In the first 3 days of my publicity efforts, 3 editors have downloaded material that was built from your templates. Thanks for everything."

Feel free to send me a note to [email protected] with questions -- I'm happy to help.

Thanks,
Sandy

I'm curious. Sometime back, maybe 2 years ago, I found a website that listed all the newspapers in the USA along with links so one could send out press releases. Any idea what/where it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.