• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] Kitsune Books

The Grump

Hates Marketing. Loves Writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mktheodoratus.com
I'm setting up a submission list for a fantasy manuscript. Ralan lists Kitsune Books [ link ] The press isn't listed in the Beware/Background check so I thought I'd ask if anyone knows anything about them. Do you?

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
I like that the main page talks about their books, rather than recruiting authors.

However--and I don't know how worrisome this might be--they've spotlighted their featured book, "Big Boys Don't Cry" in a huge font, but the picture of the book shows the title is actually "Big Boys Don't Spy".

Also, perhaps a mod would like to fix the thread title, to Kitsune Books instead of Kitsusne?

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
That misspelling would be pretty worrisome to me. Not that people won't find the book, or ignore it because of the misspelling, but because it indicates a lack of professionalism (IMO) on the publisher's part.

JournoWriter

Just the facts, please
Registered
Reaction score
Kitsune is closed. From the website: "Kitsune Books has closed its doors. We've had a fine run for 6 years and hope you will continue to support the excellent authors and artists we've published. We will continue to sell books from this website as long as our inventory lasts."

http://www.kitsunebooks.com/