Agony Aunt

flyingtart

Warning: may contain humour.
Registered
Reaction score
Here's a new one for you. Make up a problem for the agony aunt to solve, and the next person is the agony aunt. After solving the problem, they post a new "problem".

Eg.

"Dear Auntie,
My boyfriend says I should stop roller blading as it makes me look fat. But I love the spangly costumes. What do you think I should do?
Troubled of Denmark"

Answer:
Dear Troubled,
Your boyfriend sounds like a Class A jerk. Ditch him at once and become a nun. They let you rollerblade 24/7.

Now your turn:

Dear Auntie,
My bath plugs keep dissolving. I must have got through a dozen since Christmas and the local hardware store has run out of them. What should I do?
Anxious of Gibraltar

iLion

Why do I say these things?
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvsQ9hYKq7c
Answer:
Dear Anxious of Gibraltar
Take showers. No need for plugs, and think of the money you'll save!

Dear Auntie -
My wife spends our money faster than I can earn it, and we're going deeper and deeper into debt every day. How can I put the brakes on this without upsetting her?
NoScrooge

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Answer:
Dear NoScrooge,
You must create a diversion. To break your wife of her spending habits, give her a book featuring Claude Monet's paintings of water lilies. Next, build a lily pond in your back yard, where she can spend hours contemplating lilies instead of running around spending money. If this doesn't work, give her a book about Albert Einstein. Then create a "crop circle" on your lawn reading E=mc2. She will spend weeks or even months trying to figure it out. These techniques are foolproof.

Dear Auntie,
My wife's no-good brother has arrived with his camper, his wife, and six children, and they are living in my front yard. How can I get rid of them without upsetting my wife, who loves her brother dearly?
Desperate in Dubuque

Last edited:

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
Dear Desperate in Dubuque:

Send them on an errand to East Dubuque and then blow up the Julien Dubuque bridge before they return. --shakeysix

Dear Auntie--
I live in Arkansas and dead blackbirds are dropping all over my lawn. Would it be safe to bake four and twenty of them in a pie? My husband is in the counting house and the maid is at the er, so I really don't know if they are toxic---s6

Last edited:

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Dear s6,
I would say it'd be safe for you. Those birds are dropping dead for a reason. In ancient times, when they wanted someone murdered, they threw poisoned bread to the birds at the park. The birds who ate it would fly over the victim's house and drop dead there, so that they'd be cooked and eaten by the inhabitants. One or two servings, and bam! Have you done something naughty to someone recently?

Dear Auntie,
YO, HELP ME OUT! My homies tell me that my speech ain't no real! I can't even get them to come to my crib. Them don't see that I'm a Gangsta, like, 4 real, yo!
Deep in Da Nile

Last edited:

flyingtart

Registered
Reaction score
Dear Deep in Da Nile
Tell your homies (I'm assuming that is an abbreviation of homosexuals) to chill out and get with the programme, girlfriend.

Dear Auntie
My girlfriend tells me if I swim backstroke in the pool after a boy has been swimming the butterfly I will get pregnant. I don't want to give up swimming as I'm related to a dolphin, so what should I do?
Worried of West Hampstead

iLion

Registered
Reaction score
Dear Worried of Hampstead
He doing the backstroke and you the butterfly?? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! It's when he does the breaststroke while you do the crawl (or maybe the doggie paddle) that will get you in real trouble.

Dear Auntie -
My girlfriend, who is otherwise quite normal, insists on flashing every truck driver we pass on the highway, and it makes me so mad! I've talked with her about it and she just laughs and flashes all the more. Should I be concerned about this?

MidlifeMark

A little dense, sometimes
Registered
Reaction score
Dear iLion,
I would insist on driving, and not let her anywhere near the high-beam switch.

Dear Auntie,
My wife is a horrible housekeeper. For example, about a week ago, I got up in the middle of the night to take a leak in the kitchen sink, and it was full of dirty dishes. I just don't know what to do.
Running Out Of Patience In New England

iLion

Registered
Reaction score
Dear Running.......
Do not take this lying down. It's serious, and you may want to take her in for counseling. If she just won't change, see if she will at least consider moving the dishes to the bathroom sink. As an alternative, have you considered leaving several beer bottles next to the bed, or simply going to the bedroom window? Let me know... I care.

Dear Auntie -
I recently saw my neighbor's husband sneaking around with my wife. Do you think I should tell her?
Neighborly Guy

flyingtart

Registered
Reaction score
Dear Neighborly Guy
That depends on who you want to tell. If it's your wife, there's no need as she clearly knows already. If it's your neighbour, I'd tread carefully because there's no telling how she will react. If she already knows she might resent your intrusion, and attack you with a kitchen appliance. And if she doesn't know the shock might make her go off on one and attack you with a kitchen appliance. Either way you could end up with an electric carving knife in your head. Perhaps it would be safer to send her a friendly text message from a safe distance, like China for example.

Dear Auntie
I cannot get the blood stains out of my wedding dress. What do you suggest?
Exasperated of Dublin

Last edited:

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Exasperated,
Red fabric dye is easily available and not very expensive. Dye the entire dress a brilliant scarlet, and start a new trend in wedding attire.

Dear Auntie,
My 95-year-old neighbor, who has never been married, is filing claims against me, saying that I made inappropriate advances to her. This is ridiculous, since the closest I ever came to her was when I happened to reach down and pet her little poodle last week. What shall I do?
Innocent in Indianapolis

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Innocent,
You have been misinterpreted. Back in the ol' days, the sentence "I'm gonna go pet the poodle", was an unusual euphemism for ahem'ing. Go have a cup of tea with your neighbor, and if you don't pass out by the chlorophorm in it, I'm sure you'll be in a position to reach an agreement.

Dear Auntie,
I don't know where I am. Or who, for that matter.
Lost in New York

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Lost,
Every train or bus terminal in New York has a Lost & Found department. Go to one and wait. Someone will probably come along and claim you.

Dear Auntie,
My aged father, who is on his deathbed, was offended by something I said the other day. Now he says he's going to change his will, leaving me penniless. I've apologized for calling him "a disgusting old relic," but it doesn't seem to make any difference to him. His lawyers are coming tomorrow morning at 9. What can I do?
Devoted Son in Denver

flyingtart

Registered
Reaction score
Dear Devoted
You have only a few hours to finish him off before the lawyer arrives. Why are you wasting time writing silly letters???

Dear Auntie
My doctor says I only have three months to live, but he is a Doctor of Philosophy so should I take any notice?
Nailbiter of Nantucket

archerjoe

Registered
Reaction score
Dear Nailbiter,

Tell him you're on the Dean's committee reviewing his tenure status. See if he changes his diagnosis.

Dear Auntie,

Someone in the office photocopied his naked backside, bad tattoo and all, and posted it on the bulletin board. I was initially blamed for it but when I showed the Human Resources Director I have no tattoos on my backside, she fired me. Now what?

Cracked Up in Crenshaw

Last edited:

talkwrite

Passion in full bloom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linguisticworld.com
Dear Cracked Up in Crenshaw;
Don't fret, it only means she has a crush on you. She is clearing the way for you two to date. Go ahead give her a call and ask her out. After all when you marry, she will be the breadwinner and you can retire early.

Dear Auntie,
While I am texting this email to you, I am speeding along on the expressway and for the last 20 minutes the fool in front of me has had his left turn signal on but he never changes lanes. How can I keep from being distracted by this stupidity?
Roaming Fingers

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Roaming Fingers,

Give in to the power of the dark side! Ram your car into that f&$@er, shove your fender up his tailpipe and then, as you drive by the wreckage of his car, wiggle your private parts in his general direction. If that won't teach him how to drive I have no idea what will.

Dear Auntie,

I admit it, I have bad B.O. it's plagued me for years. Yet I am allergic to deodorant. It causes pustules to well up in my armpits, hives across my back and shoulders, impotence and the doctor tells me it could make me go blind. Here's the dilemma, my wife says she'll leave me if I can't control my personal odour. What should I do?

flyingtart

Registered
Reaction score
Dear Stinky
It's your wife who has the problem, not you. Spring for an operation to have her nasal nerve snipped and you'll be laughing.

Dear Auntie
The entire surface of my body is covered in tattoos of the names and faces of the Osmonds. I don't know how this could have happened, but my mother says it's just a phase. What do you suggest I do?
At Wits End of Henley

Drachen Jager

Registered
Reaction score
Dear Don Henley,

Clearly this is a sign that Joseph Smith was the true prophet of God. Convert to Mormonism immediately, take two aspirin and call me in the morning. Do it now, in a New York minute!

Dear Auntie,

My ex-wife still wants to have sex with me. Is that strange? Also, I've only noticed this recently but she seems to have a penis. I don't know why I never noticed that before, is that normal when a woman gets divorced?

- Confused in Connecticut

Last edited:

flyingtart

Registered
Reaction score
Dear Confused
I suspect this person is not your ex-wife but someone else entirely, possibly your neighbour or a work colleague whose handlebar moustache makes you think he is your ex-wife. I'd go to bed with them if I were you. You aren't getting any younger.

Dear Auntie
Whatever I do I can't get my shepherd's pie to that light and fluffy consistency that everyone loves. My hubby says it is ruining our marriage and has threatened to leave me for a commis chef. Please help!
Hapless of Weston-super-mare.

MidlifeMark

A little dense, sometimes
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Hapless,
For starters, whip the potatoes until they reach the appropriate consistency. That failing, whip your husband until he reaches the appropriate consistency.

Dear Auntie,
At the local tavern, there is a contest on Wednesday nights where each all of the barstools are numbered, and a number is randomly drawn at midnight. The person sitting on the winning number gets to go into the back room and have free sex. My significant other and I have been going there for weeks and I haven't won; however, she has won three times so far. Do you think she'd be upset if I asked her to switch seats next week?
Unlucky in Love

Nymtoc

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Unlucky,
You're not unlucky, you're stupid. Do you really think those numbers are "randomly drawn?" Slip the guy in charge a Franklin, the way your s.o. has been doing all along.

Dear Auntie,
I have green skin. Doctors have told me that this is an unusual condition, though not unheard of, and that otherwise I am perfectly normal. I am a rather pretty girl, yet men avoid me like the plague. What can I do to change this situation?
Chartreuse in Chicago

Drachen Jager

Registered
Reaction score
Dear Chartreuse,
You have a rare gift! A movie-star friend of mine exclusively dated green women, his name is Kermit and he's a bit on the short and skinny side but he pulled in seven figures last year!

Dear Auntie,
I have a bullying problem at school. Things were fine up until recently when I started gaining weight. Now I can't outrun them anymore. Can you tell me how to get the little kids to slow down so I can beat them up like I used to?
Brutish in Buffalo

czjaba

dreaming of the day...
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Brutish in buffalo, feed them CHOCOLATE. They'll stop chasing you to beat you up and start chasing for goodies. You'll be THE popular fat kid. Every class has one.

Dear Auntie,
My MIL came over and drank me under the table. What can I do to gain her respect?
Sincerely, DIL

Liz Kelly

Registered
Reaction score
Dear DIL,

Sign the two of you up for the next hot dog-eating contest and do your darndest to eat her under the table.

====

Dear Auntie,

My fiance doubts Shakespeare's authorship. (He claims it was Bacon all along.) Should he be murdered? And in what sorts of ways?

No Doubt