AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Publisher] Myrmidon Books

[Publisher] Myrmidon Books

I did a search and could find no pre-existing thread. So has anyone had any experience with this publisher?

http://www.myrmidonbooks.com/

I came accross them in a blog post entitled 10 UK Publishers Who Accept Submissions From Writers

They look quite good, but you guys are better at analyzing these things than me
    Where does the dream end and reality begin?

How To Disappear Completely - available from Amazon

Blog

Twitter

Facebook

Such a nasty woman SuperModerator Old Hack's Avatar
    Myrmidon is a legitimate publisher, which pays advances and royalties, funds various promotions for its books, gets those books into physical bookshops, and does make foreign sales. Ed Handyside, who owns and runs it, is a thoughtful, clever man: I met him at a launch-party for a Myrmidon book.

However: the Myrmidon books that I've read have had quite a few too many typos and editing issues; and I believe that Myrmidon had to delay the publication of a few of its books over the last couple of years because of the financial crisis. It hasn't, as far as I know, defaulted on any of its contracts, and has offered to release all authors affected by the delays. Those points wouldn't necessarily put me off submitting to it, but it would make me think carefully before I did.

Thanks for the info. Financial crisis might be out of their control, but I would hope any publisher would want to ensure their books went out without typos.
    Where does the dream end and reality begin?

How To Disappear Completely - available from Amazon

Blog

Twitter

Facebook