Free Kindle Books

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I noticed that Amazon had a number of free Kindle books listed this morning by current authors. I don't have a Kindle, but I have Kindle for PC.

I got a book titled Two Rivers by T. Greenwood. I don't really like reading novels on a computer screen, but I'll give this a shot.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Kindle has a lot of free offerings.

I have downloaded about a dozen Edgar Rice Burroughs books on my Kindle for the PC and a few other newer authors.

Like you, I don't really like reading from the PC as it gets to be uncomfortable after a while. But I do enjoy books from my favorite authors from the past and this is a great way to get books no longer in circulation, or just to add to your electronic library...

I have others I am also keeping an eye on, even though I have hard copies, I still want to expand my electronic library...

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, there are a bunch of old classics and semi-classic for free (I have two dozen or more I've downloaded). These looked like some better, recently published books.

I mostly purchase books for Kindle for reference books. For that, a digital book works fairly well.

Jess Haines

Boldly going nowhere in particular.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jesshaines.com
Yep. My first book was free for a few days. I've found a lot of interesting tidbits up for grabs on Amazon, B&N, and even Barnes & Noble. They're there, if you know where to look.

Button

Resident in Question
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calissaleigh.com
While using the Nook, I have found it harder to find freebies. I borrowed a Nook from someone to peruse and went looking in Barnes and Nobles' shop for books to download for free.

It was hard to find one.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I like reading on the PC these days because I cant see print any more

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score