2010 Movie and Television Review

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
So, the year of 2010 is pretty much over. What were your favourite and least favourite movies and television shows? The highs and lows? The unexpected joys and the unbelieveable letdowns?

childeroland

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Best Television Shows:
Doctor Who
The Vampire Diaries
Naruto Shippuden
Inuyasha: The Final Act
Gossip Girl (in spurts)

Worst Television
Pretty much everything else except the Discovery Channels, Boardwalk Empire and True Blood--TV really is a wasteland

Best Films:
1. Toy Story 3
2. Inception
3. Let Me In
4. Black Swan
5. How to Train Your Dragon
6. Somewhere
7. A Prophet (U.S. release)
8. True Grit
9. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (stateside release)
10. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

Worst Films:
Jonah Hex
Last Airbender
My Soul to Take
Legion
Percy Jackson
Iron Man 2
Skyline

Last edited:

JohnnyGottaKeyboard

Who let this guy in...?
Registered
Reaction score
On the rooftoop where he climbed when the laughter
The unexpected joys and the unbelieveable letdowns?
On TV: Chase, which I assumed from the ads was going to be horrible and was instead pleasantly watchable--and The Event, which the network swore would be the next big thing and instead turned out to be a big steamy pile of crap.

(ETA: Jonah Hex suffered from a definite case of Thomas Jane replacement syndrome)

Overkill

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
my story this year

For best movie - Inception, The Black Swan.
Worst movie - Wall Street -Money Never Sleeps.

Best TV - Hawaii Five-o (Scott Caan is awesome), Nikita, Fringe, and YES, The Event. What can i say, i keep coming back for more. I know ill be laughed at but, hey, i keep watching.

Worst TV - Chase and Undercovers. I started recording both and stopped each one after just two episodes.

What i am waiting on - The Cape, looks like fun. Falling Skies, Spielberg's Alien story, and Terra Firma and the Chicago Code.

JohnnyGottaKeyboard

Who let this guy in...?
Registered
Reaction score
On the rooftoop where he climbed when the laughter
Best TV - Hawaii Five-o (Scott Caan is awesome), Nikita, Fringe, and YES, The Event. What can i say, i keep coming back for more. I know ill be laughed at but, hey, i keep watching.

Worst TV - Chase and Undercovers. I started recording both and stopped each one after just two episodes.
Oh, now, everyone's entitled to their opinion... Even those of you with wrong ones.:Shrug:

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Best new TV--Raising Hope, way funnier than I expect any tv show to be, and Cake Boss: Next Great Baker, everything Top Chef Just Desserts failed in, this show succeeds! Outsourced gets an honorable mention because I thought it would be hideous and racist, but it is actually kinda sweet and decently funny and much less racist than I expected it would be.

Worst TV: umm, I watched Basketball Wives for about ten minutes and part of my soul died. (If anyone cares, it's not even a cheezeball drama like Footballers Wives or whatever, it's a reality show about awful shallow golddigging shrews. Wow, when I put it that way it sounds like an interesting Animal Planet documentary :D)

Also, all those game shows filmed on large black sets with really tense theme music yet involving no skill or ability or intelligence or knowledge--Million Dollar Cash Drops or Pick Crap At Random or Howie Mandel And The Mostly-Nekkid Ladies With Metal Briefcases or whatever. SRSLY less interesting than watching dust bunnies accumulate under the bed.

narselon

is based on a true story.
Registered
Reaction score
Best TV Shows:
Community
Parks and Recreation
Party Down (Best show nobody has ever heard of. A pity it was canceled.)
Louie (Great dark show about the places where comedy comes from.)
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margarett (Combination of David Cross and Will Arnett makes a great show 90% of the time.)
Doctor Who

Most Disappointing TV Shows:
Heroes (What a lackluster end.)
Running Wilde (The other 10% of the time.)
Outsourced (I have a lot of Indian friends and was hoping for a good portrayal of their culture. Can't say I'm surprised though.)

Haven't seen any bad movies. But I liked Inception, Shutter Island, Scott Pilgrim, and Kick-Ass. Saw RED (the action movie) as well and thought it was mediocre.