Status
Not open for further replies.

Regan Leigh

Insomniac Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reganleigh.com
I'll update the list tomorrow. :) I've also been a bit distracted and off schedule because of this Atlanta ice storm. It's insane. lol :)

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I'll update the list tomorrow. :) I've also been a bit distracted and off schedule because of this Atlanta ice storm. It's insane. lol :)

Regan,

Would it be too much of a pain to move the list to your first post by editing it? As we add pages to this thread, it's getting a little tricky to find the list, or to find the right version of it.

Regan Leigh

Insomniac Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reganleigh.com
Regan,

Would it be too much of a pain to move the list to your first post by editing it? As we add pages to this thread, it's getting a little tricky to find the list, or to find the right version of it.

Doing so right now... ;) Everyone go check the first post in five mins. :)

ETA: I just made this thread a sticky, so technically look at the 2nd post for the list. ;)

Last edited:

truelyana

Set yourself free
Registered
Reaction score
Website
expressiveworld.com
Sounds like a great idea! I love all your posts, and well done for giving it a go in a new genre. (Have been reading the posts, and they are very good) I am definitely interested in doing this. I wondered whether there is another one like these happening in February? As I'm not sure can do January!

Regan Leigh

Insomniac Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reganleigh.com
Sounds like a great idea! I love all your posts, and well done for giving it a go in a new genre. (Have been reading the posts, and they are very good) I am definitely interested in doing this. I wondered whether there is another one like these happening in February? As I'm not sure can do January!

I do plan to make a similar blogfest for February, with a little help from a co-conspirator. ;) Details soon...

Jamiekswriter

USA Today Bestselling Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jkschmidt.com
Thanks for all the really great feedback. I very much appreciate it!! Thanks again -- Jamie

Regan Leigh

Insomniac Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reganleigh.com
Thank you all for your great stories and participation. :) I think I'm up to date in reading and commenting, except for those that are running behind. If you HAVEN'T posted your story, just make sure you come here and give us a link when it is up!

Regan Leigh

Insomniac Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reganleigh.com
Not sure if it's still possible to jump into the water, but I'd love to give it a try!

Ordinarily, I write urban fantasy with a mystery/adventure slant.

Can you do the last week in January? What link should I give out?

And the writing gods have given you Horror. Young adult is your second option. ;)

Aheïla

Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewriteaholicblog.wordpress.com
I just wanted to let you know I'm droping out of the Musical Chairs BlogFest.
I really wanted to do it but I'm currently juggling job hunting, ex-employer harassment (to get my papers for unemployment) and suing a veterinarian (he declawed my cat and now my cat doesn't have any feelings in one of her paws so I have to pay money I don't have to bring her back to health. Yeah right.) *sighs*
It's hell. Writing romance? Really not anywhere near something I can do right now. *laughs*

LadyMage

Coffee habit ahoy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katherinegilraine.com
Can you do the last week in January? What link should I give out?

And the writing gods have given you Horror. Young adult is your second option. ;)

Works for me!

Horror or YA? Can I combine both?? I geared my fantasy towards the older YA set (it evolved away from that), but I never tried YA horror...

And the link is http://www.katherinegilraine.com
(minor amendment upon thinking of my choices)

Last edited:

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I think I've read and commented on all the pieces posted to date. If I've missed you, please let me know. Thanks!

rmgil04

In re-write limbo!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
writersinprogresswip.blogspot.com
I do plan to make a similar blogfest for February, with a little help from a co-conspirator. ;) Details soon...

I have a request - something with a shorter word count.

I may have to bow out of this one because I have two options that are not only out of my writing genre, but I don't read these. I may not have the time to come up with anything. It's difficult enough to find time for any of my own writing, but if the blog chains are going to require longer posts, I just can't do that.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
This week has been very busy. I'm going to go look at everyone posts from the last week which I still haven't commented on, and fix up my links to the posts.

Just because some people (and we really don't have to name names here) can't understand a maximum word count *cough* it doesn't mean that everyone has to do long posts. A smaller piece - as long as it follows the other rules - should be fine. :)

rmgil04

In re-write limbo!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
writersinprogresswip.blogspot.com
It's not just writing time. I was able to keep up with other submissions for the hint fiction and drabbles because they took almost no time to read. If I couldn't come back to

As far as the word count, I believe that if I can't participate at the level of others, then I don't want to waste their time.

As I said, I don't read or write romance or mystery, so it takes a lot longer to come up with an idea for those. Unless I can substitute something else (a scene I started working on over a month ago but haven't been able to go back to since - borders on erotica probably), I'll most likely have to drop this month.

orion_mk3

Ne Cede Malis
Registered
Reaction score
Count me in for next month's whatever form it takes :)

Though if someone expects me to write something erotic, they're in for a disappointment unless they're from Saudi Arabia.

Regan Leigh

Insomniac Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reganleigh.com
I just wanted to let you know I'm droping out of the Musical Chairs BlogFest.
I really wanted to do it but I'm currently juggling job hunting, ex-employer harassment (to get my papers for unemployment) and suing a veterinarian (he declawed my cat and now my cat doesn't have any feelings in one of her paws so I have to pay money I don't have to bring her back to health. Yeah right.) *sighs*
It's hell. Writing romance? Really not anywhere near something I can do right now. *laughs*

Aw, no problem... but we'll miss having you! Maybe next month?
*And so sorry about your cat.*

Works for me!

Horror or YA? Can I combine both?? I geared my fantasy towards the older YA set (it evolved away from that), but I never tried YA horror...

And the link is http://www.katherinegilraine.com
(minor amendment upon thinking of my choices)

I'll go add you to the list in just a sec. :)

(UPDATING THE LIST TODAY FOR THOSE WHO NEED TO CHECK IT!)

I may have to bow out of this one because I have two options that are not only out of my writing genre, but I don't read these. I may not have the time to come up with anything. It's difficult enough to find time for any of my own writing, but if the blog chains are going to require longer posts, I just can't do that.

It's not just writing time. I was able to keep up with other submissions for the hint fiction and drabbles because they took almost no time to read. If I couldn't come back to

As far as the word count, I believe that if I can't participate at the level of others, then I don't want to waste their time.

As I said, I don't read or write romance or mystery, so it takes a lot longer to come up with an idea for those. Unless I can substitute something else (a scene I started working on over a month ago but haven't been able to go back to since - borders on erotica probably), I'll most likely have to drop this month.

I understand not having the time or ability to participate. Maybe a challenge in a future month will spark your interest and will fit your time constraints. But remember, the point is to stretch your writing muscles! So don't give up just because you didn't get a genre you're familiar with -- it's kind of the point -- and maybe you can try it later on your own time just to see what it's like. :)

Count me in for next month's whatever form it takes :)

Though if someone expects me to write something erotic, they're in for a disappointment unless they're from Saudi Arabia.

I'll announce next month's this weekend, probably. ;)

CScottMorris

On a coffee fueled writing spree!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cscottmorrisbooks.com
Mine is up, linky thing here
I went through and read all of last week's posts, but really had nothing to add to the excellent comments already posted. If I didn't post on your blog, rest assured I read it, I simply agreed with the other commenters.
Everybody has been doing a great job so far, especially considering we are all writing outside our comfort zone. But then, that is the point, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.