• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Treble Heart Books

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
What Robin said. THB's Mountain View division has never required authors to go through one of these submission sites (pay-for-play slush piles). I've never heard of a Christian fic author who has sold through one of these "services" and I generally advise people to steer well clear of them.

I'm sorry to hear Lee is under the weather. Though we've had differences of opinion, I like the lady and wish her well.

Donna Pudick

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Lee is more than under the weather. She's just come off surgery for breast cancer and is about to undergo chemo. I don't know the lady, but I wish her well.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Has she made the nature of her medical problems public elsewhere? I ask because it's very personal information to be posted here.

Donna Pudick

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
She's told all of her authors, and one of them told me. Breast cancer isn't personal. It's a scourge in this country. I'm a certified BSE instructor and believe in getting the word out whenever possible or whatever the forum.

kdbeaar

Trying to finish at least 1 ms!
Registered
Reaction score
She's told all of her authors, and one of them told me. Breast cancer isn't personal. It's a scourge in this country. I'm a certified BSE instructor and believe in getting the word out whenever possible or whatever the forum.

I'm dismayed you believe that gives you the right to release personal information about someone else, especially in a public forum like this. Breast cancer (or any illness or 'scourge') might not be personal to you, but it might be personal to her, and IMHO you shouldn't have made that announcement here.

Last edited:

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
Let's step back a bit, people. Lee has never been other than forthcoming about her personal issues and how they affect her publishing endeavors. The last time she was ill, she told us all via the Treble Heart loop. She did not seem to mind if we engaged our churches' prayer loops on her behalf, or anything of that nature. From what I've known of her, this would not upset her in the least.

This isn't about us, after all--it's about wishing the best possible outcome for a person some of us know & respect.

My take.

Robin Bayne

~writes for Him~
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robinbayne.com
I wouldn't have discussed it in public either, but as Deb said I am sure she would welcome prayer. I am a 4 1/2 year survivor, and would have welcomed prayer even though at the time I wanted privacy.