Blighty

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdr

Banned
Reaction score
Sigh!

As I said, it's the Christmas tide and I'm not arguing.

And as for:
Like many generalisations you are WRONG. Where is your proof?

I could simply say ditto to you on that too!

Job has informed us that she was being ironic so that's that.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I'm with the OED here. Blighty has always meant England. England being England and not the UK.

I don't want to be causing fights at Christmas tide but 'Cluelessness is part of our charm.' Nope! It's just plain rude!

Ignorance is never charming and that attitude is one of the many reasons why Americans are so unpopular. We non-Americans are expected to know and understand American things but you guys make very little effort to know and understand the basic geography and cultural differences in the countries you visit.

How many times a year does Scarlet Peaches correct England to the UK on this board?

I had nearly ten years in Japan watching your JET people, all young graduates, making themselves thoroughly unpopular with their cluelessness.
Not only are you wrong, you're rude and insulting. Keep your anti American garbage to yourself

Last edited:

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Actually, you're right about cluelessness being rude. Your post is a very good example

Last edited:

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Yeah, sweeping generalizations are always gonna cause problems. Don't deux it.

Closing thread, since OP's question has been asked and answered. Forum mods may decide to re-open.

-Derek

Status
Not open for further replies.