M*A*S*H

Eddyz Aquila

Noob Writers United
Registered
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M*A*S*H_(TV_series)

Timeless classic, my favourite show of all time.

Seriously they were so funny and yet so realistic about not only the horrors of war but life in general that it's very hard to even try to imitate them. Anyhow, what's your favourite episode and character?

I for one don't have a favourite episode but Klinger (and Hawkeye) was the funniest one of the bunch.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
One of my favorite episodes was when Radar mailed a jeep home piece by piece.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
One of my favorite episodes was when Radar mailed a jeep home piece by piece.
I swear I was going to say that.

It's kind of like the "I swear I thought turkeys could fly" episode of WKRP.

JasonP

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.snappromotions.com
Not sure I have a favorite episode, but I really preferred the earlier cast with Trapper, Frank and Henry Blake. Though it was still good later too.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I also preferred the earlier cast. And I'm definitely no fan of Klinger. The closer the episodes were to my first loves - the book and feature film - the better. Later episodes of M*A*S*H took themselves too seriously, imo.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
I loved this show. Thought the earlier seasons were the best, but they were all great. I haven't seen them in ages, though. Strange, as they deserve to be repeated on tele more often.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
Two years ago, my husband, mom, and BIL got together and gave me the entire 11 season run, and the finale for Christmas. The earlier episodes are still laugh-out-loud funny, but some of the later ones make me realize the show should've ended at least a season before it did. It was still good, but just not as good.

Stormhawk

Angry Bunny Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.requirecookie.com
Favourite episode: It's a tie between "Tuttle" wherein they make up a fake officer, and everyone acts like he's real, and "the one where Hawkeye gets hurt and paces around a Korean family's house talking about how he has a concussion".

Favourite character: Radar

YukonMike

Look! That's my book!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fwfr.com
I remember being so sad when Radar went in the OR (without wearing a surgical mask) to announce that Col. Blake's plane had been shot down and there were no survivors.

Bookewyrme

Imagined half of it.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bookewyrme.straydreamers.com
I remember being so sad when Radar went in the OR (without wearing a surgical mask) to announce that Col. Blake's plane had been shot down and there were no survivors.

That was the saddest episode. I cried. Still haven't seen the finale because they never seem to play the reruns of it on tv, and so far I haven't gotten around to buying all 11 seasons.

I prefer the later cast, mainly because I like Col. Potter and Honeycut better than Col. Blake and Trapper. And I really passionately and ardently hated Frank, and not in the way you're supposed to (I hate Winchester too, but plots involving his character amused me. Plots involving Frank usually just irritated me).

I think Honeycut and Hawkeye are my two favorite characters.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
I wish they could have done it without a laugh track, but in the '70s that was crazy talk. (They didn't use a laugh track during OR scenes, though.)

It was shown without a laughter track in the UK - except for one episode where they played the wrong soundtrack, i.e. the one with he laughter track. The BBC apologised afterwards.

That scene where Radar bursts in and tells the rest of the cast that Blake's plane had been shot down and everyone on board had been killed was unrehearsed. The look of shock on the other actors' faces was genuine.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
It was shown without a laughter track in the UK - except for one episode where they played the wrong soundtrack, i.e. the one with he laughter track. The BBC apologised afterwards.

That scene where Radar bursts in and tells the rest of the cast that Blake's plane had been shot down and everyone on board had been killed was unrehearsed. The look of shock on the other actors' faces was genuine.
If you listen, you hear something hit the floor in the background as the docs/nurses are standing around in shocked silence. Actually, a stagehand/grip dropped a tool of some sort and the producers liked what it added to the scene, so they left it in.

Useless facts. I haz dem.

Jstwatchin

Where's my head?
Registered
Reaction score
Liked the entire thing. Although the episode with Col. Blake's ending definitely stands out.

Definitely a timeless classic and worthy to be on perpetual rerun.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah. One of the best "f*** you"'s from producers to an actor evarz.

The producers got tons of hate mail for that. Fans were furious that they didn't just let Henry go home. After that the producers allowed cast members to decide their character's fate when they wanted to leave the show.