• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

beta reader for 110,000 tech thriller Dark Clouds

Status
Not open for further replies.

tko

just thanks fore everything
Registered
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
I'm looking for beta readers for by 110,000 word novel Dark Clouds. Dark Clouds is a personality driven technological thriller set mainly in Asia. In it, an expelled MIT student is sent to Asia to track down the source of a mysterious virus which is spreading throughout the US. He finds more than he bargained for, meeting two exotic women who are not what they seem. Together, they take him on a wild trip through Asia, where he must discover the secrets that link their past--secrets that bring will down the virus or get them killed.

I'd prefer a mature reader whose enjoyed any of these authors. Stieg Larsson (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo), John Connelly, Harlan Coben, Lee Child, Glen Cook, Robert Parker, Tony Hillerman, Peter O'Donnell ( Modesty Blaise), John Sandford, Thomas Perry (Jane Whitfield), R. J. Rozen (Lydia Chin), or Dan Brown. Whew! Or any hard-boiled thriller, action, or sci fi story with strong personalities and a driving mystery. A decent technological background would be a plus (not that you need it to enjoy the book, but I'd like to get the technological parts correct as well.)

At this point I don't care if I get any detailed (sentence level on down) criticism. All I want to know is whether the book is readable and interesting, and whether it has any plot or pacing issues.

Yeah, I've extensively reviewed it, should be readable and basically enjoyable- I hope.
Having said that, I'm sure it has all kind of flaws I'm totally blind to, but I did my best.

In a week I'm leaving for China, will be gone one month (doing research, hah!), so there's not a big hurry. The book has the mild profanity and sexual situations you might find in any adult thriller.

Do the usually PM thing , remember that I leave for China on Dec 20th!

Status
Not open for further replies.