• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

UTA Music (formerly The Agency Group Ltd.) (Marc Gerald)

Lirali

Registered
Reaction score
Website
meaganspooner.com
I'm just wondering if anyone has heard anything about the literary branch of The Agency Group, headed up by Marc Gerald. (As distinct from The Literary Agency Group--totally different.)

Their website can be found here, and I know that he's made a number of sales according to Publisher's Marketplace but beyond that I've been able to find almost no information about them other than that they are NOT members of AAR.

Any tips or info would be awesome.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Primarily a musical talent agency, with the literary side being books by same. (E.g., rapper 50 Cent and his G-Unit Books.) Submissions by referral only.

Saskatoonistan

Still the wrong side of Saskatoon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sean-cummings.ca
Juliet Mushens. Rock star agent. Seriously fantastic agent. Here's here stats from Publisher's Marketplace:

17 Deals in last 12 months.

Deal maker Rankings (selected)
#2 in International rights: UK Fiction
#6 in Children's: Fantasy
#9 in International rights: UK Children's

Some six figure deals in there as well.

She reps my good friend Liz De Jager and fellow Strange Chemistry Books (now defunct, unfortunately) author Laura Lam. Highly awesome agent. :)

Cel_Fleur

Braving the query mountains
Registered
Reaction score
Yup, Juliet is now taking unsolicited submissions. She sounds like a wonderful agent, though I am a bit overwhelmed by her amazingness... xD

Cel_Fleur

Braving the query mountains
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, got my R from Juliet yesterday (6/11/14). Sent query for Fantasy Romance 9/8/14. Friendly rejection, and not just 'dear author', but likely a form. Anyway, I'd taken a hiatus from that book to focus on my academic studies, so the wait didn't seem long.
Good luck, anyone else querying Juliet. As I said before, she seems like a cool agent :)