AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: UTA Music (formerly The Agency Group Ltd.) (Marc Gerald)

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Lirali's Avatar

UTA Music (formerly The Agency Group Ltd.) (Marc Gerald)

I'm just wondering if anyone has heard anything about the literary branch of The Agency Group, headed up by Marc Gerald. (As distinct from The Literary Agency Group--totally different.)

Their website can be found here, and I know that he's made a number of sales according to Publisher's Marketplace but beyond that I've been able to find almost no information about them other than that they are NOT members of AAR.

Any tips or info would be awesome.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Primarily a musical talent agency, with the literary side being books by same. (E.g., rapper 50 Cent and his G-Unit Books.) Submissions by referral only.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

figuring it all out Mr. Breadcrumb's Avatar
    I have no direct knowledge, but it looks like Juliet Mushens at least (their UK literary agent) now specifically mentions taking unsolicited submissions: http://www.theagencygroup.com/depart...y/submissions/

Still the wrong side of Saskatoon Saskatoonistan's Avatar
    Juliet Mushens. Rock star agent. Seriously fantastic agent. Here's here stats from Publisher's Marketplace:

17 Deals in last 12 months.

Deal maker Rankings (selected)
    #2 in International rights: UK Fiction
    #6 in Children's: Fantasy
    #9 in International rights: UK Children's

Some six figure deals in there as well.

She reps my good friend Liz De Jager and fellow Strange Chemistry Books (now defunct, unfortunately) author Laura Lam. Highly awesome agent.

My Website. Twitter.

AGENTED - AUGUST 24,2010 WOOT!!! AGENTED AGAIN February 2015! WOOT! WOOT!

"POLTERGEEKS is absolutely everything you could possibly want in YA fantasy!" STARBURST MAGAZINE

"Sean Cummings is a master of the dark fantastic. His writing brims with soul, guts, and a dark wit sharp enough to draw blood. Chris F. Holm, award winning author of The Collector Books

Braving the query mountains Cel_Fleur's Avatar
    Yup, Juliet is now taking unsolicited submissions. She sounds like a wonderful agent, though I am a bit overwhelmed by her amazingness... xD
    Silent by day; pretentious by night.

"What is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil." (Friedrich Nietzsche)

Currently...juggling the lives in my head.

Braving the query mountains Cel_Fleur's Avatar
    Ah, got my R from Juliet yesterday (6/11/14). Sent query for Fantasy Romance 9/8/14. Friendly rejection, and not just 'dear author', but likely a form. Anyway, I'd taken a hiatus from that book to focus on my academic studies, so the wait didn't seem long.
    Good luck, anyone else querying Juliet. As I said before, she seems like a cool agent
    Silent by day; pretentious by night.

"What is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil." (Friedrich Nietzsche)

Currently...juggling the lives in my head.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Acquired by United Talent Agency in '15. New URL: https://music.utatouring.com/departments/literary/team/

Mr. Gerald's PM page: https://www.publishersmarketplace.com/members/Mgerald/
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: