The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: ASJ Publishing

figuring it all out

ASJ Publishing

Hi guys, I haven't been here for a while, life is just too busy, but I know you can help me. I follow some writers on Facebook and saw this announcement:

It is the sole goal of ASJ Publishing to help new authors get discovered and published.

It is our Mission to bring quality E-Publishing Services for first-time authors. Regardless of what your situation is, we can help bring your novel to the next level of Publishing.

ASJ Publishing is a publishing organization that aims to discover and work with unknown and first-time authors. We combine the unlimited potential of a new author with a unique approach to publishing in order to provide our clients with high quality books. We want to simplify and make the publishing industry easy to navigate.

Since POD and scammers pitch to "new authors" I am wary. Does anyone know anything about this? I checked writer beware and couldn't find it. Of course, it's possible I goofed looking for it too.
    Stephanie Weippert

Familiar Trouble World -- Where the familiars get a say!

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Author of "Warp"
    Looking at their website asjpublishing.com it appears to be some sort of hybrid business. On the one hand, it claims to be a royalty-paying ebook publisher and on the other sells "premium services" such as Facebook page design. I also assume that "book trailers" and audiobooks are charged for, especially as the startup team includes a dedicated narrator.

The site specifies that editing, the ISBN and cover art are free of charge; it also, rather oddly, specifies that they don't charge for reading manuscripts. In particular, the phrase "To learn more about royalties, author investments, as well as production services and timelines, please contact us directly" worries me enormously.

My gut feeling? It appears to be a low-end ebook-cum-vanity operation that aims to make money from selling bolt-on services to writers, not from selling books to the general public, but I will be interested to read other members' takes on the site and comments from the business's principals if they choose to post here.

ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

They've expanded ...

From the time we opened our doors until now, ASJ has changed with the times. Until the beginning of 2015, our focus was solely POD, Ebooks and Audiobooks. By the end of 2015, our focus expands to the world of music, film and Virtual Reality. ASJ Publishing is also an Indie Film Production company (with one series for TV already in post production), Music Distributor, and the first publishing house to release Virtual Reality books on the Oculus Rift.
    ICAO
    ---------