New to Forums, Hooray!

jeffw

Registered
Reaction score
Website
hyborianchronicles.blogspot.com
I have been lurking for months now, and finally registered.

I have been in the writing game for a while now, mostly fantasy and horror short stories and consudting interviews with musicians and actors at a horror webzine.

Rejections come more frequently than acceptances for me. I tend to lean towards the pulp stye of fiction writing, ala Robert E. Howard and Phillip Farmer. I just finished my first novel, and am tallying up an impressive rejection count (8 so far). I am still keeping my head up though.

Hope everyone is well, and I am glad I finally registered!!

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

mikewritesfic

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Jeff. Persistence is the key and it appears you have it. Glad to see you here :)

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the watercooler :welcome:

Take a wander around the various forums, there's lots to see and lots to learn, and even some fun threads too. Come along and pop on over to the Traditional Irish Pub (at the top of the Newbie forum) and say hi, there's plenty of friendly faces that you can chat with and lots of banter. There's also the Question of the Day threads at the top of the Newbie forum where you can answer random questions.

Don't forget to read the newbie guide, and if you want to know what all the buttons mean check out this thread.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Don't forget to read the Newbie's Guide and enjoy AW

I have passes for the pool on the roof, only $10

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the cooler.

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the cooler Jeff. You're in good company, because we've all gotten rejection letters. We're here for you, man. :)

Frank Kelso

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Jeff; Look at it this way - your batting average will never improve if you don't go to bat regularly. And like all great hitters, find a good batting coach.