The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Marilyn Biderman Literary Management

practical experience, FTW Sakura-chan's Avatar

Marilyn Biderman Literary Management

A new agency has opened up in Toronto, Ontario: Marilyn Biderman Literary Management.

"Former McClelland & Stewart vice president of rights and contracts Marilyn Biderman has launched her own literary agency: Marilyn Biderman Literary Management.... She will specialize in commercial and literary fiction. She is also open to narrative non-fiction, memoir, and YA with crossover appeal.

More information can be found at Quick Brown Fox.
    Her site http://www.mblm.ca/ is under construction.
    Nothing ever beats a "try" but a failure. You will never know the outcome unless you first give it a try.

SW-Complete, querying
    CM-Complete; shelved
    CN-Complete, shelved
    GC-34,500/70,000 (2011 WIP)

This
    in comparison to this

(One day it'll be the reverse; just not today.)

I bite. Taco look-a-likes beware. Empress Awesome's Avatar
    Over there! Can't you see my canoe house?
    She's got a $ by her name on P&E for the last agency she worked with. Good so far.
    Bloggius Maximus
    Tweety Tweet!

"The only thing we have to fear are the cricket-spiders infesting the garage (just wait till it happens to you)." --FDR (but not really)

Egregious Acts of Innocence= Thriller/Horror/Contemporary= wip, 22k so far, first draft, giving me an ulcer

This hat is getting too hot Chumplet's Avatar
    Very interesting. I'll dig further, but if she doesn't mind, I'll include a few sample pages with my query.

Got a rejection in 12 days, so not too bad a turnaround. Although, the fact that my rejection was addressed to me as well as someone else sort of makes me wonder...
    Bloggius Maximus
    Tweety Tweet!

"The only thing we have to fear are the cricket-spiders infesting the garage (just wait till it happens to you)." --FDR (but not really)

Egregious Acts of Innocence= Thriller/Horror/Contemporary= wip, 22k so far, first draft, giving me an ulcer

Tell me to leave. Please. honeysock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Empress Awesome View Post
    Got a rejection in 12 days, so not too bad a turnaround. Although, the fact that my rejection was addressed to me as well as someone else sort of makes me wonder...

I wondered the same thing about a rejection I got last week (from a query sent in August), then I clicked the details, saw that the other person was likely the agent's assistant, and realized the agent was probably copying her in for record-keeping purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by honeysock View Post
    I wondered the same thing about a rejection I got last week (from a query sent in August), then I clicked the details, saw that the other person was likely the agent's assistant, and realized the agent was probably copying her in for record-keeping purposes.
    Whoa, ok. That makes me feel a bit less trod upon.
    Bloggius Maximus
    Tweety Tweet!

This hat is getting too hot Chumplet's Avatar
    Queried December 3rd, received a kind rejection December 4th. She explained she was already reviewing a lot of YA.