Elder Scrolls V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, I manage pinpoint accuracy on my console. And my sister hates me for it.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
I've played Oblivion on both the PC and console. It's a testament to skill that they both work so well despite the different controls.
In honestly though, I do prefer PC.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I've only done Oblivion for console, and I keep trying to convince myself to go play Morrowind on my PC. Isn't working so far. But they are both very good, yes.
I prefer console. I'm better with a controller than a keyboard and mouse.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, but if you take 250,000 of anything, you can find at the VERY LEAST, 100 really really good mods, and maybe 10 amazing ones.

10 amazing mods can extend the shelf life on an already great game by YEARS. Hell, there's Total Conversions for Oblivion that are whole new GAMES.

http://www.nehrim.de/indexEV.html

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, but if I don't enjoy the gameplay on a PC, those mods don't make a bit of difference to me.

JohnnyGottaKeyboard

Who let this guy in...?
Registered
Reaction score
On the rooftoop where he climbed when the laughter
There's one reason why Elder Scrolls and Fallout games will always be best on the PC.

Wait, did I say one?

I meant 250,000
I nearly bought Oblivion for the PC just to play the nude mod, which I read about on the other site I'm addicted to. However, I play on my PS3 with an HDMI cable attached to my huge HDTV and some of the vistas in the game are gorgeous (Hero Hill I think it is--north of the Dark Fissure)--as well as some of the days when it is pouring rain... There's just some eerie beauty in this game that plays well on a large screen. That said, I admit the character models suck.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
That said, I admit the character models suck.

There's a mod for that >.>

Edit: Speaking of mods and Oblivion, I'm thinking of giving Oblivion another playthrough. But it means learning the mods all over again. I spent 3 weeks successfully installing and running mods, and they were glorious. But I had to stop and take care of other things, it's been months now.
I can't imagine playing Oblivion again without mods, but re-learning and searching and installing and incorporating them all over again is a daunting task...

Last edited:

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
According to my bookmark manager, I have 1093 mods bookmarked.
I don't know. I know I had a lot, but I didn't think I had that many...

JohnnyGottaKeyboard

Who let this guy in...?
Registered
Reaction score
On the rooftoop where he climbed when the laughter
Aw hell that was funny! Especially the bowl part. That happened to me so many times! Where was the third option??? "I'll just put the bowl back and we'll pretend this was an accident... Which it was! Why would I want a bowl?" There should have been a third option.

Drinking the potions was pretty good too.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Here was an interesting article.
The author of it wants a return to Morrowind elements in Skyrim, and he cites Oblivion as a failure in several respect.
I find it difficult to accept the opinion of someone who wasn't even able to really work his way through the majority of the Oblivion content, not that's he necessarily wrong, but it devalues how good his perception of Oblivion's mechanics is.
That said, he does still raise some valid points, such as how faces in oblivion were incredibly ugly...

Ludicrum

Registered
Reaction score
I'm so excited I may combust between now and november.

In other news, this video is almost exactly how I reacted to the news. Except I'm a girl.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9eGtyqz4gY

That was uncomfortably close to my reaction to the trailer. My life is now divided into two sections of time: waiting for Skyrim (here now), and playing Skyrim (OMFG I can't wait!).

Status
Not open for further replies.