Elder Scrolls V

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyGottaKeyboard

Who let this guy in...?
Registered
Reaction score
On the rooftoop where he climbed when the laughter
Is it possible to kill Ancient Dragons? In five seconds they kill me.
Definitely. With my Lt Armour and Enchanting both at 100, most things don't even hurt me anymore. You'll get there. Also, watch what the dragon breathes and use an appropriate resistance potion. Those were key to fighting dragons back in the old days.

JohnnyGottaKeyboard

Who let this guy in...?
Registered
Reaction score
Stealth, lockpick, and archery maxed out. And a nice ebony dagger.
Oh, yeah. Stealth and lockpick. I didn't take any perks in either until very very late in the game when I finally broke down and took some stealth perk. But it is virtually impossible to play and not eventually get these two skills to 100. (I'm actually trying to imagine playing without stealth--it would be nearly impossible. Ignoring lockpick would not be as difficult--but you'd miss out on so much stuff!)

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't taken any lockpicking perks and still don't have much trouble opening master level locks. Am I missing something?

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Play style = heavily modded by installing mods that make the game as thus:

The game's lighting is realistic and nights are pitch-black, being in cold areas/cold water can kill you if you're exposed too long, you need to eat, drink, and sleep to survive or all your stats will trickle down to 0...then you die. Get caught in the rain and you'll get soaked...don't take the time to dry off by a fire and wander into the cold areas? Hypothermia, then death. The economy is cutthroat, any useful merchant items like ingots and leathers are nonexistent, so you have to hunt and mine for stuff yourself. Revamped spell list so there's actual illusion and alteration spells that are useful (teleportation, oh yes.) Basically I added all the mods that make this game the way this game was supposed to be.

That sounds... not very fun.

FalconMage

Rob J. Vargas
Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
I haven't taken any lockpicking perks and still don't have much trouble opening master level locks. Am I missing something?

The perks help, but the 100 seems to matter more. Locks get easier as you up the skill. I could still open master locks after 10-15 picks at low levels, maxed at 100 skill level, I was down to three or four.

So yeah, lockpicking wasn't about the perks. Just the skill level.

Maxinquaye

That cheeky buggerer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maxoneverything.wordpress.com
My playstyle is pretty much "sneak up, shoot with arrows to whittle down". If needed I slow time, or freeze the enemy and try to keep a distance. Generally I'm a sneaky sort. It goes with being the arch mage leader of the thieves guild that's working to become the master assassin.

I sort of shows how silly it can be. The political ramifications in a civil war of the Arch-mage of the College of Winterhold that is also the leader of the thieves guild (not to mention a sworn follower of Nocturnal) should probably make people sweat. Particularly if this person is also the mythical 'dragonborn' that haven't been seen in generations, and that returns together with the dragons.

But... the guards are just concertned about my sweet rolls. :)

JohnnyGottaKeyboard

Who let this guy in...?
Registered
Reaction score
As I said, I never took any perks in lockpick and it worked fine. I rarely left a chest unopened. It helps that lockpicks are everywhere and weigh nothing.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
I'm also mostly a sneak and archery girl (well, my character is female anyway), and dual-wield flaming swords for close combat. With a couple daggers for assassinations.

Currently working on upping the smithing and enchanting.

JohnnyGottaKeyboard

Who let this guy in...?
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a realism/immersion nerd. When things are as brutally realistic and fair (I can be one hit killed but can also do the same with my assassin build) that IS my fun :)
Actually I think that sounds great...As long as I get a warning about the hypothermia and I don't just suddenly drop dead! Unfortunately, I play on PS3.

Last edited:

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
I wish they could handpick the best mods and release them as DLCs for consoles. Of course, a big part of the profits would go to the developers.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a realism/immersion nerd. When things are as brutally realistic and fair (I can be one hit killed but can also do the same with my assassin build) that IS my fun :)

I'm curious now. So does it also disable fast travel and the "wait" function?

third person

She blinded me--with magic!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm curious now. So does it also disable fast travel and the "wait" function?

It does actually, if you choose the hardcore option for the mod. Travel is now only by carriage, but of course that's only between major cities. Have to walk the rest of the time. And with the mandatory hunting/camping (since sleeping is required and pelts are needed to make tents) it really feels like you're IN the game world.

JohnnyGottaKeyboard

Who let this guy in...?
Registered
Reaction score
It does actually, if you choose the hardcore option for the mod. Travel is now only by carriage, but of course that's only between major cities. Have to walk the rest of the time. And with the mandatory hunting/camping (since sleeping is required and pelts are needed to make tents) it really feels like you're IN the game world.
See, I never fast travel anyway! I do use carriages whenever I can. This mod would be right up my alley. Honestly, the only thing I don't like the sound of is the TOTAL DARKNESS. Torches are a right pain and the magical lights are freakin obnoxious.

AnnikaHTDC

Registered
Reaction score
Did anyone else get overly attached to Lydia? I lost her in that underground place with the glowing mushrooms and it took her weeks to come home again. I thought she was dead. I was so stupidly excited to see her again.

"I am sworn to carry your burdens."

Oh, you!

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
Let's just say that Lydia had a habit of walking in front of my arrows. ;)

Maxinquaye

That cheeky buggerer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maxoneverything.wordpress.com
My Lydia just sits in the house all day, and whenever I come home to Whiterun she's eating. She eats and eats and eats. When i go to bed at night, she sits at the table in the bedroom and ... crunches.

JohnnyGottaKeyboard

Who let this guy in...?
Registered
Reaction score
All of my thanes(?--or was I a thane?) became dragon Wardens or whatever they are called in this game. It freaked me out--the thought of screwing Onmond with her sitting there watching us (tho I never actually got to see that happen--damn you Dragon Age for spoiling me!). Both of the women that came with my houses got recruited to the corp.

AnnikaHTDC

Registered
Reaction score
It's her ineptitude that I find so adorable. I loved watching her flail hopelessly through traps as she tried to follow me.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score

You are clearly far more patient than I am.

third person

She blinded me--with magic!
Registered
Reaction score
See, I never fast travel anyway! I do use carriages whenever I can. This mod would be right up my alley. Honestly, the only thing I don't like the sound of is the TOTAL DARKNESS. Torches are a right pain and the magical lights are freakin obnoxious.

Which is why I never travel without my Dwenmer nightvision goggles and scouter http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=13133

Which would make TOTAL lore sense because mind you, they were pretty much dwellers of the dark underground.

Also there were totally NVGs in Morrowind. The Dark Brotherhood NPCs had them as part of their attire!

http://images.uesp.net/9/95/TR-quest-Dark_Brotherhood_Attacks.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.