Whose Career Would You Most Want to Emulate?

Tim Archer

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to have to jump on the JK Rowling wagon. Not for the billion dollars or the theme park, but for the million fanfictions and especially the beautiful fan art. Can you imagine artists being so moved by your work that they take time to create art centered around it? That's the ultimate dream for me.

Cascada

Registered
Reaction score
George RR Martin smart man, awesome writer, great fanbase, TV/Movie deal.

Emermouse

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to have to jump on the JK Rowling wagon. Not for the billion dollars or the theme park, but for the million fanfictions and especially the beautiful fan art. Can you imagine artists being so moved by your work that they take time to create art centered around it? That's the ultimate dream for me.

Have to agree with you on that. I'd love for people to be inspired to create all kinds of fanfics and fanart about my stuff, though I can't say I'd object to the moolah part, like at all. ;) The devotion and great things JK Rowling has done through her writing...it's amazing. Even if, too often, I'm like, "I hope JK Rowling doesn't use Google like at all." Because some of the HP stuff I've seen...let's just say the most realistic aspect of Avengers 2: Age of Ultron may be how five minutes after waking up and getting access to the Internet, Ultron is like "You people are all monsters and you must die!"

Linnet_Crawford

Registered
Reaction score
Probably Neil Gaiman, just because he's managed to dabble in EVERYTHING and do brilliant things with with so many different mediums (graphic novels, novels, tv, radio..) I think it would be so exciting to have a career with that kind of variation