Singapore Water Polo Team Certainly 'Fashionable'

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
It seems a perfectly valid current event. I'm certain the netizens will rise to the occasion with appropriately pointed remarks.

SPMiller

Prodigiously Hanged
Registered
Reaction score
Website
seanpatrickmiller.com
I don't understand what the problem is. Could somebody explain it to me? Or are adult humans really so fucking stupid that they're complaining about a white slash that vaguely resembles a penis?

Magdalen

Petulantly Penitent
Registered
Reaction score
The "crescent and stars", symbol of Islam, was never meant to appear below the waist, I guess.

Gregg

Life is good
Registered
Reaction score
I don't understand what the problem is. Could somebody explain it to me? Or are adult humans really so fucking stupid that they're complaining about a white slash that vaguely resembles a penis?

See, you really do understand.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
It's a little hard to tell what it is. Looks more like a banana than a crescent to me. Maybe that's what they meant?

Mac H.

Board Visitor
Registered
Reaction score
People object to a symbol that they value highly being used in certain ways - they find it degrading to the symbol.

Many Americans still get offended to see the American flag being used in certain ways - such as someone burning it or using it as toilet paper.

So, in the same way, people of other countries get offended to see their flag used as decorative penis covers.

Does it make sense now ?

Mac

SPMiller

Prodigiously Hanged
Registered
Reaction score
Website
seanpatrickmiller.com
People object to a symbol that they value highly being used in certain ways - they find it degrading to the symbol.

Many Americans still get offended to see the American flag being used in certain ways - such as someone burning it or using it as toilet paper.

So, in the same way, people of other countries get offended to see their flag used as decorative penis covers.

Does it make sense now ?

Mac
No.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score

Does it make sense now ?

Mac

No. =P

wool-rugs-american.jpg

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, I think the American flag looks great on anything from penises to doormats.

I mean, it's just a really nice flag.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Swim suits are penis covers now?

Should they have put the design on the swim suits' tops?

Oh wait...

Mac H.

Board Visitor
Registered
Reaction score
I understand that many Americans don't mind about their flag being used as toilet paper or as welcome mats.

But some people DO want to have their flags and symbols only used in a way that they see as 'respectful'.

I'm trying to argue against the quoted idea that '(People of another culture) must be f-cking stupid to hold that opinion'.

I'm kinda disturbed that people honestly can't see that others hold certain things dear for traditional or emotional reasons - not because they are 'f-cking stupid'.

Mac

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
Wow. There are designers working for garment makers that supply the likes of Frederick's of Hollywood who get paid good money for their clever abilities to design clothes with such strategically placed patterns and ornamentation.

Whod'a thunk that someone outside the industry of erotic clothing design could be just as clever sheerly by accident?

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
It seems a perfectly valid current event. I'm certain the netizens will rise to the occasion with appropriately pointed remarks.

The word netizen seems to have two similar meanings.
  1. A citizen who uses the Internet as a way of participating in political society (for example, exchanging views, providing information, and voting).
  2. An Internet user who is trying to contribute to the Internet's use and growth. As a powerful communications medium, the Internet seems to offer great possibilities for social change. It also creates a new culture and its own special issues, such as who shall have access to it. The implication is that the Internet's users, who use and know most about it, have a responsibility to ensure that is used constructively while also fostering free speech and open access.
Cybercitizen is a synonym.

Just in case there's anyone out there as dumb as I am that had to look it up.