Registered
Reaction score

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Love Country Music. Brad Paisley, Carrie Underwood, Garth Brooks, Montgomery Gentry... Ect ect, so forth and so on.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I live in the country music capital. I've met quite a few of the musicians and performers over the years. Here they're treated like ordinary neighbors as much as possible, and most of them try to act like neighbors in return (many of them have become so popular that that's not as easy as it once was); they take part in school activities, charity events, that sort of thing.

I used to live next door to Tim McGraw's manager. One day I agree to accept a UPS delivery for him when he wasn't home. I thought the UPS guy meant a package. A package. No, it was all the band's instruments for an upcoming tour. I had boxes of instruments everywhere.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I used to live next door to Tim McGraw's manager. One day I agree to accept a UPS delivery for him when he wasn't home. I thought the UPS guy meant a package. A package. No, it was all the band's instruments for an upcoming tour. I had boxes of instruments everywhere.

The signature guitar should've gone missing ie. "Oh, sorry mister manager, but that wasn't part of the delivery. What? That guitar over there? No, I bought that myself. Yeah."

:D

RIFF

Banned
Reaction score
Sigh. Yep. Played lots of it. Played for Sony oncet, same company as shut down that last vid for copyright. What was it?

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
I love Steve Earle's first two albums, "Guitar Town" and "Exit O", recorded back in the 1980s when he was still considered "country". I'll take both of these albums over Steve's later rock-oriented recordings, which I've never been able to get into.

Otherwise, I'm really not a country music fan. Too many bad memories of being a "city boy" growing up in a redneck horse-ranching town, probably. :ROFL:

RIFF

Banned
Reaction score
Country music goes back and back, same as blues, and that's where the good stuff hides. Mostly black folks- in fact, there's even a precursor to Hank Sr.- who sounded just like him. Try and find those 78s, Chet Atkins had a copy. So they didn't only steal blues- country music too!
For modern guitar-based stuff- check out Albert Lee, or Scotty Anderson, the best I've ever seen.