The Fellowship Cafe

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Actually I have to make dinner, so no rest for the weary. :rolleyes: But I did wake up with a sore throat. :(

Blessings, everyone! :Sun:

Eddie A.

Registered
Reaction score
The first novel I wrote, Biblical fiction, has just been made available in Kindle format on Amazon.com. Written more than ten years ago, it has been released in Kindle format to be included in an upcoming author promotion for a website.

The inspiration for the novel came during Mass on Easter Sunday. There were many times I wanted to abandon the novel but I did not. Rebecca was controversial when published. The main controversy was content. A secondary controversy was the cover.

The encouragement I can offer is never to be afraid to write what you feel… you never know what can happen.

Rebecca was one of five finalists for Best Inspirational in 2003. As the author, I was selected for the First Annual Celebration of Inspirational Authors. The event was sponsored by St. Mary Bookstore and held in conjunction with the 2003 Southern Festival of Books. In the year 2005, the novel was selected for the Forbes Magazine Book Club.

I am not soliciting sales. The novel had its time, its place. This thread is for Christian Religious and Spiritual Writing and posters may be interested in reading the Kindle description and sample chapters provided. You may also find the controversy over the cover amusing.

Please forgive the Kindle formatting. It is really messed up and it will be corrected in a few weeks.

Title: Rebecca – A Journey of Man
ASIN: B00C4J08K2
Trade Paper Publication Date: 09/10/2002

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
News from Casa Chaos -- THE HEALING TREE, book 2 in the "Faith Box" series, released today from Desert Breeze. I'm tickled pink with this book, and ain't that cover a honey? Carol Fiorillo did the cover; she'll be doing the book 3 cover as well, plus I plan to engage her talents freelance for three books I'm taking indie.

Rejoice with me! This is yet another of my books my ex-agent said would never sell.

:snoopy:

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Sorry, Deb this one slipped right past me. Congratulations!

Okay, people your Mod is traveling to the Festival of Mystery in Oakmont, PA tomorrow and Tuesday. Reminding all y'all of the rules:

1. Keep the Gregorian Chant to human decibel levels.
2. NO all-night sermon reading marathon. You know what happened last time.
3. If you're going to try baking manna again, PLEASE use non-stick spray on the cookie sheets.
4. The costumes for the Miracle and Mystery plays are in the spare room wardrobes. Use the rubber snakes, please! No field trips to the exotic pet store. Also: Whoever splashes stage blood on the altar cloth is on laundry duty.
5. The cleaning supplies are in the broom closet with the vacuum. Remember that the noobs do not expect surprises under the couch.

I trust you.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Zombie thread arise!

Your fearless leader is headed to Bouchercon in Albany tomorrow morning. Won't be back till Sunday night. Clean up after all wild parties, please. :)

A moment of shameless linkage: I'm back to reviewing music again at buddyholywood.com. This time around it's Matt Papa's new project Look Up & Live.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Have fun at Bouchercon!

We'll mind the fort here.

Mwahahaha... ::cough, cough:: She's still here, isn't she?

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*Cancels the Chippendale reservation*