Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
It was humid and sunny all day and right now we're having a LOUD t-storm and driving rain. Of course I didn't plant my garden because the ground was still to wet. Oy. Hopefully this will pass quickly, because even though I really like t-storms, I want to plant even more.

betta

betta
Registered
Reaction score
I totally agree

Christians have a reputation for sometimes being boring and uncreative. Please don't send me any responses on that! I have found the opposite to be true in so far as I consider myself to be Messianic/Christian/Metal-head!...Yeah a mouthful, I know, but a 'hall pass' into boundless creativity! Whereas some ridicule anything outside the guidelines of white hats and church on Sunday, I feel God has inspired some to exercise their full potential soaring across times, space, and universes of imagination! There is power, power, wonder-working power in the abilities of Christian Writers to pen our thoughts and ideas!

mommysangelinheaven

Live Life to the Fullest
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mommysangelinheaven.com
Just need support and input

Hello, I joined this forum yesterday and right away dove right in. I have welcomed other new people like myself and have also commented on several people writing to give them some constructive criticism back.

I have been a believer in Christ from the tender age of 5. My life has had many ups and down starting with a very abusive childhood to the latest tragedy in my life when mine and my husband’s one and only child passed away unexpected from contracting E. coli almost 3 years ago. What the E. coli did to her little 8 year old body is still unimaginable to me as she was gone after just two weeks and two days from the onset of her first episode of diarrhea.

I think there may people out there who would have turned their backs on God saying, “If he really loved me he would have never let my child die.” Don’t get me wrong, I still ask that very same question but then I also come back to the point that we as Christians still believe: God’s purpose is bigger than any one person on this earth will ever be able to truly comprehend. We may not always agree with His decisions but for whatever reason he has made them.

I can truly say I miss my daughter tremendously and wish she was back every day especially as her 3 years mark (I hate using the word anniversary as to me that means happiness) of being gone.

I feel like I am rambling so I hope you are still reading what I have writing at this point. I started a dedication website in honor of my daughter about 3 months after she passed. It happened one day when I had all of these thoughts swirling around inside my head and decided to write them down. When it was all said and done I could not believe what had come out of my head onto the computer screen. I immediately called up my husband a couple of other people to hear what they had to say.

Then a thought came to me and I decided to go to a blogging website and start a blog. Since then it has morphed into something better than I could have ever imagined. People from all over the world are starting to come to her website. Her memory is continuing on through my writing, the pictures and video I have of her plus all the other items I have on there.

I decided to start writing a book about her life while she was in the hospital. Of course at the time I thought it would be about her now living and alive. However, life doesn’t always go as we expect them to. Around the time I decided to start her website I also decided to start writing her book. It has taken me a very long time to get it done but it has been completed and the editing process is now starting.
After talking with other people and for me what the heart of the book is really all about is God has his hands in everything. Even in the darkest times of your life he is taking care of you and lifting you up. You can be angry with Him but at the same time you still love Him.

I know God can do anything and my vision for the book is to be able to take proceeds from the book and start a memorial scholarship foundation in my daughter’s name. I want to be able to provide scholarships for individuals who would like to become teachers for kids with autism as my daughter had severe autism. There are simply not enough good ones out in the world today.

Thank you for listening.

Now I will simply ask a favor, please go read my first chapter I have posted in Share your work under nonfiction. To be honest I wasn’t sure if I should have posted it there or under religion because even though it is biography/memoir of her life it is still has the underlying tone of God and his work in hers and those around her. I am looking for honest feedback about the content. I am having the book professionally edited so as far as grammar goes that will be taken care of. I am just making sure the content does not need any work. I appreciate any and all feedback. The title of the post is “The Vision of Love (Chapter 1; 2,017 words).” Thank you for taking the time to listen.

Dancre

Just have fun.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimkouski.com
Preach it, Sister!! I've read some pretty interesting Christian fantasy out there. One being "Rabbit, Chasing Beth Rider" by Ellen Maze http://www.amazon.com/dp/1617520314/?tag=absowrit-20 and AD 33 http://www.amazon.com/dp/0982630700/?tag=absowrit-20 Both of them being Christian Vampire books. (Yeah, I know. THat will really put the religious out of wack. :) ) Anyway, it seems Christian literature is getting better and better. don't worry about what others think, Write what God tells you to write. :)
Christians have a reputation for sometimes being boring and uncreative. Please don't send me any responses on that! I have found the opposite to be true in so far as I consider myself to be Messianic/Christian/Metal-head!...Yeah a mouthful, I know, but a 'hall pass' into boundless creativity! Whereas some ridicule anything outside the guidelines of white hats and church on Sunday, I feel God has inspired some to exercise their full potential soaring across times, space, and universes of imagination! There is power, power, wonder-working power in the abilities of Christian Writers to pen our thoughts and ideas!

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
YAHOOOO!!!!!!

I am going to sing with Denver and the Mile High Orchestra AGAIN! :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy:

I was part of a Christmas Choir the Christmas before last and we did a 4-city tour with them. This time it's 2 patriotic concerts on Sept. 10 and 11.

:snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy: :snoopy:

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Singing with them was the BEST time ever two Christmases ago. I was kinda hoping for another series of Christmas concerts this year, but I'll take what I can get. Singing with DMHO = :yessmiley

Elias Graves

Unrealistically Optimistic
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds interesing.

I'm slinking my way into this one. A twisted tale that grows daily. The path I'm currently exploring has the hero completely unaware of his involvement in the story. The Keystone Kops hover always in the background with a story like that. Vigilance is necessary to stay their appearance.

EG

writingismypassion

~Charity~
Registered
Reaction score
In an awesome mood today...love Fridays! :) Hope everyone enjoys the weekend! I will be writing all weekend, and loving every moment.

Carradee

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mistiwolanski.com
Me too! A half day would be awesome!

Why not schedule it? Pick a day and time, make arrangements for everyone else to be taken care of, and write.

Strict schedules don't work the best for me, but I've also found I get more done if I set a timer for every 15 minutes or so, which reminds me to get back to work if I get distracted while working. (I like "Alarm Clock" for Mac.) Anything fewer than 10 minutes, and I find myself fretting over how many seconds I have left. Any longer than 30 minutes, and I get entirely distracted.

:)

Just a thought.

David Poellot

Registered
Reaction score
Carradee - good thought. I'd have to be very nice to my wife though in order to stick her with the kids and lock the door to the computer room.

David Poellot

Registered
Reaction score
Coming to my Christian buddies to ask for prayers. My 17 yr old is in surgery right now for an appendicitis. We just did this two years ago with my 10 yr old. His was much worse, since the appendix had burst already. We don't think N's has burst yet, so hopefully laproscopy and home in a couple days. Not that I care at this moment, but it would help the hassle of cancelling our trip to Disney next week, because he could still travel. If it burst, then he will be in the hospital for 4-7 days. With our youngest two years ago, his had burst, plus an Ecoli infection, and he was in the hospital for 11 days. Praying like crazy right now for a much better turnout.

David Poellot

Registered
Reaction score
Update: He came through surgery fine. They only had to do the laproscopy, but there was fluid around the appendix. As long as his body reacts to the antibiotics properly, and he can eat, drink, use the bathroom, walk around and such, he should be out of there in a couple days. My wife, the saint, stays in the hospital with the children the whole time. Me, I have to figure out what to do with the three others tomorrow. Late night, and I need to get to bed. Thanks for the prayers!