AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Smart Works (Sandy Campbell)

practical experience, FTW nickyswriting's Avatar

Smart Works (Sandy Campbell)

COMPANY OR ORGANIZATION INFORMATION:

Smart Works-Your Smart Resource
    3633 W. Northgate #144
    Irving, TX UNITED STATES, 75062
    (972)258-1401
    Sandy Campbell, owner

COMPLAINT INFORMATION:

Sandy had contracted me to write 2 different Ebooks for her clients as a ghostwriter, meaning I would have no association with the work after submitting it-not my name,or any rights to it. I agreed to be paid in 2 separate payments for each Ebook, which was to be $150 upon completion of half of the Ebook, and $150 upon final completion of the Ebook. I have received 3 checks from Sandy for $150 within about 7 business days upon completion, but I have yet to receive my final check for the 2nd Ebook I wrote for her. I have tried contacting her,but she has seemed to have dropped off the face of the earth! I have called,left messages, sent emails...and nothing.

I just want to be paid my final check as outlined in our contract in the amount of $150!!!

Complaint Dates: 9/13/2005,9/19/2005,9/27/2005

Edited to delete personal contact info.
    Last edited by aka eraser; 03-15-2006 at 05:13 AM.
    Best Regards,
    Nicole LaMarco

Portfolio - http://nicoleallardportfolio.blogspot.com/

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    When did you last have contact with her? Perhaps she was affected by the hurricanes.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Any word and/or resolution?
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

Hagiographically Advantaged AW Moderator HapiSofi's Avatar
    You ghosted an entire book for $300?
    Winner of the Best Drycleaner on the Block Award.

Quote Originally Posted by HapiSofi
    You ghosted an entire book for $300?
    Was wondering about the same...

Hopefully it was some tiny gift books or something, for that price...?
    2008 Submission Pledge: Send 1 bookmanus to every publisher on my list, until list is used up - or i get a deal.

Yeah yeah! I know my english sucks...

One Hit Wonder? Kasey Mackenzie's Avatar
    No doubt...that's more the price of a magazine article.
    Good things come to those who wait...and work their tails off!!!

Coming Soon on Kindle: Reborn in Fire

Gone
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey Mackenzie
    No doubt...that's more the price of a magazine article.
    I don't know about that. I was paid $400 for an 800-word (+100-word sidebar) article for a regional mag.
    Winner of Uncle Jim's Whoo Hoo Super Writer Award and Nomad's Most Use of Vowels in a Screen Name Award as well as Maryn's Only Person on AW Whose Name Anagrams to "I, Octane," "Act I (One)" and "Nice tao" Award in addition to batgirl's Culpeper Award for Botanically Erudite Screen Name plus awatkins' AW's Most Creative Srounger [sic] of Rep Points Award not to mention azbikergirl's Arizona Most Awarded Writer Award and also Dawno's Most Interesting Signature Line Award

One Hit Wonder? Kasey Mackenzie's Avatar
    I'd still be more likely to sell a magazine article for $300 than an entire book. =)
    Good things come to those who wait...and work their tails off!!!

Coming Soon on Kindle: Reborn in Fire

Gone
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasey Mackenzie
    I'd still be more likely to sell a magazine article for $300 than an entire book. =)
    Oh, that's what you meant! I misunderstood. Yes, so would I.
    Winner of Uncle Jim's Whoo Hoo Super Writer Award and Nomad's Most Use of Vowels in a Screen Name Award as well as Maryn's Only Person on AW Whose Name Anagrams to "I, Octane," "Act I (One)" and "Nice tao" Award in addition to batgirl's Culpeper Award for Botanically Erudite Screen Name plus awatkins' AW's Most Creative Srounger [sic] of Rep Points Award not to mention azbikergirl's Arizona Most Awarded Writer Award and also Dawno's Most Interesting Signature Line Award

Well, I've squeezed Google for all it's worth, and other than discovering a lovely condo in Sandy's complex for only $47k, all I can find on Smart Works are the listings on elance, which seem to end 9/11/05. http://www.elance.com/c/fp/main/view...er&catid=10208
    ICAO
    ---------