Firebreather

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Long Trailer, may be kind of spoilerish.
I found myself surprised...I actually kind of want to see it.
Although I was liking it more before the narrator started talking at the end, if they put that quote on a cover I'd chuck it back.

I did have some issues though:
Numero uno, they called him "King of the Kaiju." First of all, it's a Japanese word, how many people will even know what it means?
Besides, that title already belongs to someone/something else, though maybe he prefers "King of the Daikaiju."
It's also a TV movie, but that's not too big an issue, I'm okay with TV movies, I watch scifi/syfy originals for fun. I can handle pretty much anything...
More than that though, it's Cartoon Network, their original movies haven't impressed me since...Mosaic (2007). And Mosaic never got off the ground, though I liked it, pretty good--though not great--for a TV movie.

Still, he breathes fire, has scales, and the movie seems to have at least a few somewhat comedic scenes, so I'll probably watch it regardless. >.> (I'm a sucker for dragons and otherwise big time or obscure mythological figures) <.<

Other info:
-It's based on a comic series, which I've never read.
-I love his alter ego's full name:
Duncan Xeres Absalom Wu Fan Cassius Draco Draconus Quetzelcoatl Gondwana Mjarl Khan Belloc-Rosenblatt Jr.
Granted it's pretty much just a mash up of various mythological dragon, or dragon-like creature's names.
-Also, he was originally supposed to be the son of Fin Fang Foom in Marvel comics :p

Airs November 24th, 2010.