The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cooks Source Magazine

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone RedRajah's Avatar
    There's a "too many cooks spoil the broth" joke here somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
    Oh, and apparently, the same editor also runs some other small pubs, on other issues, and uses the same business tactics there.
    Yeah, unfortunately, they're starting to look into her other magazine (called "Travel Source Magazine") and finding that it's got copyright infringement in it too. I suppose, if you ever wrote articles about travel, you'd probably better go take a look to see if she stole from you.

Its sad how one bad lil press can ruin things. I can't believe she thought she would get away with this. So sad.
    In Progress:
    Prince$$ Ti@ of Alumin@ Querying :S

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    For the sake of closure (via How Publishing Really Works): Cooks Source Issues A Statement and Another Statement from Judith Griggs at Cooks Source

The Cooks Source website is now gone.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2015: 2016:

Grumpy writer and editor Absolute Sage Gillhoughly's Avatar
    Getting blitzed at Gillhoughly's Reef, Haleakaloha.
    Imagine that.

But I can't help but think of all those Dracula movies where the stake didn't *quite* do the job and he kept coming back.

Hmm.

Cookula Has Risen from the Yeast!

Countess Cookula and Her Copyright Infringing Ride!

Revenge of the Advertisers! (The S.F. movie starring Darth Cooker)

Billy the Kid VS Cookula.

Cookula's Daughter! (Starring Paula Dean)

Cookenstein VS Cookula (Starring Alton Brown and Gordon Ramsey)

Okay, I'll stop now. I just finished a tough writing gig and need some silliness.

Tell me to leave. Please. honeysock's Avatar
    I have a friend who takes great pride in soothing ruffled feathers when's she's offended someone by saying, instead of a sincere "I'm sorry," something more along the lines of a gushy "I'm so sorry you took it that way. I should apologize for any lack of perception on your part that might have caused you to think less of me."

That's what this kind of pseudo-apology reminds me of.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Oh, hey, it made Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooks_S...nt_controversy

And #3 on Cracked's "The 6 Most Distasterous Attempts at Internet Damage Control" (2011): http://www.cracked.com/article_18954...ontrol_p2.html

But honestly, Monica, those were some good times ....
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2015: 2016:

Quote Originally Posted by CaoPaux View Post
    Oh, hey, it made Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooks_S...nt_controversy

And #3 on Cracked's "The 6 Most Distasterous Attempts at Internet Damage Control" (2011): http://www.cracked.com/article_18954...ontrol_p2.html

But honestly, Monica, those were some good times ....
    Ooh, I do love a good blast from the past. A reminder of train wrecks that were fun to watch. Until they weren't fun to watch anymore.

I could have done without the 57,212 (give or take 10,000) Facebook complaints about the missing apostrophe in the magazine's title, however. I guess those people never heard of magazines with names like ... Publishers Weekly. ETA: Not to mention Veterans Affairs and Diners Club, among others.
    Last edited by AnneMarble; 11-12-2013 at 02:08 AM.
    THE Official FreakTM
    That's not me in my avatar. That's Papa Emeritus II and the Nameless Ghouls of Ghost
    -- AARlist2, my romance reader discussion group
    Dubbed "Cool Thread Starter Girl" by JeanneTGC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12