Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com

SPMiller

Prodigiously Hanged
Registered
Reaction score
Website
seanpatrickmiller.com
My favorite part of voting is having unopposed candidates on the ballot. Gee, my vote sure counts for a lot there.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
Zombie Dewey Eats Zombie Truman!

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Breaking News: FoxNews has called all the elections for the Republicans!

Old news. They were calling for the GOP to win today's election, last year. :tongue

Though I could only imagine their reactions if somehow the Dems kept the majority of the house. Somewhere Rupert Murdoch will be shaking his fist, while saying, "Why aren't the people doing what we tell them, like they usually do." :tongue

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Old news. They were calling for the GOP to win today's election, last year. :tongue

Though I could only imagine their reactions if somehow the Dems kept the majority of the house. Somewhere Rupert Murdoch will be shaking his fist, while saying, "Why aren't the people doing what we tell them, like they usually do." :tongue
Meanwhile, George Soros will be patting himself on the back for his improved puppeteering.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
I gar-on-tee you, my friend, that whatever the outcome, the answer is no. :D

I just got back from voting. I joked with one of the poll volunteers that I was going to do a write in vote for myself for all races. He laughed and said that happens. Usually they get a Mickey Mouse, a 3 Stoogers and that Sponge Bob Square pants was usually good for 2 or three write in votes.

So from what I understood, if I had voted for myself, good old Sponge Bob would have gotten more votes than me. Considering that, I decided to stick to the people on the ticket. Damn that Sponge Bob!!!

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Any candidates in particular that you all are cheering for? For me, it's anyone running against a tea bagger. And I'd like to see Linda McMahon win.

cethklein

Registered
Reaction score
I'm predicting there will be many winners, and quite a few losers. Don't hold me to this, however, as I understand all this is subject to change...

The only losers in this election are the American people. We'll either get a few more years of Democratic ineptitude. Or we'll get a Congress run by a new GOP that is all but devoid of any moderate voice and instead infested with people so extreme that we'll be seeing ramifications for years. We've already got an extremely left-leaning Congressional leadership. And tonight we may well replace it with an extremely right-leaning leadership. Fanaticism begets fanaticism.

So now we'll have to parties that are both completely dominated by extremists. Nothing will get done and things will only get worse.

The goo thing is that maybe now we'll get a real moderate third party to come out of all of this. When the GOP wins (which they likely will) they'll be able to accomplish nothing due to the fact no one in Congress in eithe party will want to compromise on anything. So in the next election, I predict the American people will be so sick of fanatics, maybe we can vote them all out. This election the theme was "vote out the incumbents" Next time maybe we'll get "vote out the lunatics".

Wishful thinking anyway. That's the only way the American people can ultimately win. But tonight, we lose either way. You can take that to the bank.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Would you consider elaborating, telling us why? Don't have to, you understand, I'd just like to know more.

With Linda McMahon, she's been the CEO of a major business that has been making a prfit during the recession and even with all the negative attention the WWE receives in mainstream media. So I think she's bound to handle economic bills better than most of the career politicians in congress. Also, it's harder for a lobbyist to bribe someone who's already worth nearly a billion.

As for the, "any one running against the tea baggers," comment, they're bigoted theocracy supporters and most of them probably wouldn't be able to tell you anything that's in the constitution. Other than the second amendment of course.

JohnnyGottaKeyboard

Who let this guy in...?
Registered
Reaction score
On the rooftoop where he climbed when the laughter
I am interested in the CA Gov's race (it helps I live here). Six months ago after what seemed years of Whitless, er, I mean Meg Ads, and absolutely nothing from the dems (in fairness, the repubs had an actual primary battle), I supposed Whitman would be a shoe-in, and now apparently it's a contest.

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
I voted.

Don't know who for or what they wanna do.

But I voted!

Because it's important!

I'm told.

Maxinquaye

That cheeky buggerer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maxoneverything.wordpress.com
There will be much gnashing of teeth, and much talk about "mandates" tomorrow, I predict. Some will say they have word from the skydude himself, and others will say they have come to the grounddude's place.

That's my prediction.

The white house dude will say it's all right, and he'll work with anyone.

Last edited:

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
There will be muh gnashing of teeth, and much talk about "mandates" tomorrow, I predict. Some will say they have word from the skydude himself, and others will say they have come to the grounddude's place.

That's my prediction.

The white house dude will say it's all right, and he'll work with anyone.

It's always a mistake for them to feel like they have some big mandate. This is a vote, more or less, against the democrates, not for the republicans.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
It's always a mistake for them to feel like they have some big mandate. This is a vote, more or less, against the democrates, not for the republicans.

Very true. Most of the US still like the democrates more than the republicans, but they want to kick out the guys currently in office. Which just happens to be democrates.

Though, what'd be awesome is if the people decided to vote against the democrates and republicans.

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
With Linda McMahon, she's been the CEO of a major business that has been making a prfit during the recession and even with all the negative attention the WWE receives in mainstream media. So I think she's bound to handle economic bills better than most of the career politicians in congress.
If you approve of the way the WWE was run, the product they promoted, and the welfare of their "employees," the wrestlers, then I imagine she indeed would be your preferred candidate.

She did make millions as a CEO -- like many others. You know, the ones who made their companies profitable by outsourcing jobs and laying off thousands of workers.

I'm not sure how you'd outsource The Undertaker, though.