November 2010 JHS

Skyraven

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, it seems so many AW'ers have gone elsewhere. But, I'd like to bring you back! So tell me what are your goals this month?
I plan on blogging, planning my editorial calendar and studying for my licensure exam. How about you?

zebrachick83

Registered
Reaction score
Hey! Getting in early this month! :hi:

My goals are:

Creative Writing once a week:e2writer:
Finishing my editing on time every week :Hammer:
Blogging at least once a week
$100 in extra freelance writing income

Skyraven

Registered
Reaction score
Woohoo Zebrachick! Great goals. I wrote two blogposts for the new blogging gig, sent out my first ever invoice and wrote a post each for The Freshman Writer and my portfolio site. I'm also going to apply to a column writing job that I found today. :) On-going writing jobs seem to be my forte. :) Woohoo!

Bluebug32

Registered
Reaction score
I'm back on AW after a hiatus. Now I'm hoping to get back into freelance writing and send queries on a more regular basis. I just completed one, but am waiting to hear back from my source, so that's the first goal!

Skyraven

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back blue. And congrats on the JHS! :)

scriptor

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Well, after a 10 month "whatever" I am back to AW and back to writing. For the next few days I plan to get all my ducks in a row. Then on December 1, I plan to hit the ground sprinting for dear life. I have 2 sure websites I can write and make money with and so I plan to spend 6 hours each day Monday - Friday on them another 2 hours a day looking for new sites and 2 hours a day on the college courses I am taking (full load) along with trying to find a Literary Agent that will represent me and the 2 murder mysterys I have already finished. I have already warned my wife, until further notice, Monday through Friday I'm unavailable from 5 am to 8 pm. Thank GOD I have a very understanding and supportive wife.

JHBogran

J H Bogran
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jhbogran.net
After series of many lapses, I´m back.
I attended ThrillerFest in NYC last July where I pitched my novel to about a dozen agents. Now I´m in the process of sending the MS to the ones that showed interest, one or two at a time.
I registered at Backspace.org. Great site, lots of fun. Although color scheme is just like this one. :)

I signed for Nanowrimo (who hasn´t, right?) and got about 25k, so I´m a little behind.

See you around,

José

Skyraven

Registered
Reaction score
Scriptor!!!!!!! OMG! Welcome back buddy. Glad to see you again. Wondered where you (and everyone else) have been. You've got a pretty packed schedule there, but I'm sure you can get it done. And your wife deserves a tiara for that 5am - 8pm schedule. lol Just a suggestion!
Jose - welcome to AW! Congrats on the ms and sending it out. Keep at the Nanowrimo; you can do it! You've done far more now than I did last year. Petered out by the end of the first week due to dayjob stress. So I opted to cheer for all my Nanowrimos taking on the challenge. Good luck and keep us posted! :)
As for me, I wrote a couple of blogposts last weekend for the Naptime blog and wrote a post for The Freshman Writer this week. Other than Momslikeme.com, I haven't done much writing. Studying for my licensing exam on December 16 and working the dayjob. I've also been journaling to deal with some of the stress. That's all from me. Happy Turkey day!

Athena1234

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'm (sorta) new around here, so I hope you don't mind me jumping in. I'm facing another birthday in a couple of days and I've decided that I'm not going to spend another year fantasizing about the glamorous life ( :D ) of a professional writer without doing anything about it.

So far, I've:
*started a blog
*written my very first post
*finally (!) gotten up the nerve to actually publish my (clip-less) website online

In the coming days (weeks?), I plan to:
*generate a few writing samples
*contact at least one non-profit near me to see if I can write something for them
*contact/query a few of the small free publications in my area
*reply to job postings on craigslist
*blog 3 times a week
*spend an hour on my novel each day
*reread everybook I own about freelancing
*learn the basics of web & graphic design

I dream of eventually being able to quit my dayjob and support myself by freelancing. So, the rest of Nov. & Dec. is about laying the groundwork as far as establishing a web presence and building up clips are concerned. In the coming year, I'm going to try to treat freelancing as real job and put the money that I'll, hopefully, be earning aside to help build up my savings.

Skyraven

Registered
Reaction score
Woohoo Anthena! Congratulations! So where's the link for your blog so I can go read it mama? :) Sounds like you have it all figured out. Feel free to come back and share anytime, that's what we're here for. To share and encourage each other. :) Happy early birthday!

scriptor

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Hey thanks Skyraven! So far the schedule seemingly holds lol... but not without lots and lots of coffee and will power! Hope everything is going good!

Well, back to the mine...lol...

ritinrider

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm one of those that's been gone for awhile. Just stopped in to check on something else and thought I'd come by here to see if there was anyone I knew. Surprise, surprise, Sky has the JHS thread going again. Good job girl. Welcome to the new people, this is an excellent place to hang out with JHS you'll all have regular gigs in no time. Hi Scripter, another familiar face.

I wasn't going to post anything, but what the heck? Making goals is much more fun when they're shared. Plus, you guys get to cheer when I succeed, or encourage me when I stagger. Trust me, there's a lot of staggering.

My big goal right now is to stay on track and post regularly on my blog, at least once a week, probably be every day this week until I catch up. And, I need to send out at least 4 queries this month. That doesn't sound like much, but it's plenty for me with my to do list, and procrastination skills.

See you all later. Thanks for reviving this thread Sky.

Nita

Skyraven

Registered
Reaction score
Hiya Scriptor! Things are very stressful for me at the dayjob, which has been interfering with my blogging. Though I'm still working hard on the paying writing gigs - Momslikeme, my internship at Women on Writing and my new blogging gig at Naptimestories.com. Other than that, not much going on other than my losing sleep. lol
Ritin - glad to have you back and thanks for validating me on the thread. I keep coming back because I'm hoping people will actually be on here. No one's really around or has been for the last couple of months, which is why I've been starting the threads. Glad to see you trying to get back on track.
I'm just trying to stay sane people. My day job's kicking my butt royally, plus child support court for my son next week and my licensing exam the following week. Yes, I've got alot going on. So I've been just focusing on the gigs that pay the bills.

scriptor

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
To add to the busy schedule: my wife and I have gone public with our wood working business! Yea, like my life wasn't busy and crazy enough, lol! I love working with the wood business though and making the various projects, plus it does actually help my creative juices as it were so, its all good.

Skyraven

Registered
Reaction score
Scriptor - thanks for the encouragement, and good luck on the wood working business. lol