Emanuel Church has a donate button on their website, if you'd like to help.

See also the Mother Emanuel Hope Fund

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 75 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2550656970717273747576777879808185100125 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 3469

Thread: The Walking Dead - AMC

I write stuff and break boards. dragonjax's Avatar
    If they kill Daryl, I stop watching the show. Full stop.
    "Undying Love," a short story by Jackie Kessler in FANTASY FOR GOOD - a charity anthology to help fight colon cancer

Quote Originally Posted by dragonjax View Post
    This^^^^

I know that no one is safe, that's part of what makes the show so interesting, but they had best save him for last. There are lots of other people they can kill first. Not Daryl (or the kids).
    <--My blog

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
    WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
    Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

I will be grievously unhappy. No one will like me if they kill Daryl.

And that was a great episode.

Reads more than she writes. AW Moderator Smish's Avatar
    I will be very upset if Daryl, Glen, or Maggie die. They're my faves.
    Revision is where you earn your money - and if you haven't made any money yet, revision is where you pay your dues. Sara Zarr

Andrea is definitely becoming the new Lori of the show, meaning she is becoming useless. The whole Lori being eaten scene is up for debate but that is the best part about the show is that no one knows for sure. This season has been amazing... I just can't get enough.
    K.N. Porter - My Monster Lover Blog

Quote Originally Posted by night-flyer View Post
    Not sure if I buy that whole dead smell covering up the fact that she's alive. I mean the body gives off heat and sweat, something a walker doesn't have and they should be able to sense it up close.
    Way back in the second or third episode of the first season, Rick and Glenn tried that -- but they put on raincoats and slathered walker guts all over themselves. And even so, it stopped working as soon as a rainshower started washing it off.

One thing I'd want to try is wearing the odor-blocking coveralls made for (incompetent or lazy) deerhunters.

The Woodbury of the tv show is a much nicer place than in the comic. In the book, it's obvious pretty soon that it's a terrible place and that the Governor is a psychopath. I always thought it was a deliberate touch of irony on Kirkland's part -- that the group in the prison was trying to be civilized, while the "civilized" small town was more like a supermax where the inmates had taken over, with the Governor being the meanest, craziest, rapiest inmate. (Seriously, in the comic, instead of having a talk with Michonne, he strips her, hangs her from chains, and tortures and rapes her whenever he gets bored. Sending a team to hunt her down and kill her seems sane by comparison.)
    Fiction blog as Manuel Royal: Donnetown Today or Recently (or a Long Time Ago)

Fiction column under my real name: Welcome to Smyrnings ; continued as Spland of the Splost

Six-minute YouTube video produced by SandJack from my short script (NSFW): Make The Baby

Yes, they definitely reined in the Governor's insanity on the television show.
    "Undying Love," a short story by Jackie Kessler in FANTASY FOR GOOD - a charity anthology to help fight colon cancer

Quote Originally Posted by knporter View Post
    Andrea is definitely becoming the new Lori of the show, meaning she is becoming useless. The whole Lori being eaten scene is up for debate but that is the best part about the show is that no one knows for sure. This season has been amazing... I just can't get enough.
    "Becoming" useless?

They'd better not kill Daryl.

Speaking of Lori being devoured ... sometimes, both in the show and in comments from the people who make the show, I get the impression that they're talking about walkers digesting food. That would require suspending a little more disbelief than I can manage.
    Last edited by Manuel Royal; 11-20-2012 at 05:03 PM.

Fiction column under my real name: Welcome to Smyrnings ; continued as Spland of the Splost

Six-minute YouTube video produced by SandJack from my short script (NSFW): Make The Baby

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel Royal View Post
    Speaking of Lori being devoured ... sometimes, both in the show and in comments from the people who make the show, I get the impression that they're talking about walkers digesting food. That would require suspending a little more disbelief than I can manage.
    Yes...but if Walkers don't eat, they get skinny. Michonne's two pack mules were rail thin. And I think this was discussed in one of the TV Guide interviews with the show creators. So not eating = skinny Walker. Which means their bodies do metabolize what they eat somehow, no? Not that I'm willing to get into an argument over the science of zombieism...

They will come from below... Tasmin21's Avatar
    Yes...but if Walkers don't eat, they get skinny. Michonne's two pack mules were rail thin. And I think this was discussed in one of the TV Guide interviews with the show creators. So not eating = skinny Walker. Which means their bodies do metabolize what they eat somehow, no? Not that I'm willing to get into an argument over the science of zombieism...
    And the mad scientist guy with the Governor even said that Michonne's pair were starving, they just starve slower than us.

Which begs the question, what happens when they starve all the way? *shrug*
    On Literary Intent, Facebook, Twitter, Reluctant Adults

Second Olympus: Available Now!
    JJD5: 16,378/80,000

Are you gonna finish that bacon? Vince524's Avatar
    Well, if their arms and legs and such work when they're dea, why not their digestive system? If they don't eat? I guess eventually they die all the way. Brain dries up? Maybe that's what happened to those ppl in the cars at the begining of season 2?

I mean, if you cut one of the heads off, it's still alive. But for how long? It can eat, but there's nowhere for the food to go.

Action is my reward..that and bacon MttStrn's Avatar
    Yay, my second favorite character from the comic is coming. Tyrese has been cast.

http://tvline.com/2012/11/20/walking...leman-tyreese/ They say there are spoilers if you click through. I didn't see any but beware nonetheless.

My favorite from the comic is Andrea but as I've said numerous times, they have ruined her on the show.

Also an interesting article about why one guy thinks Lori might still be alive somehow. I'm behind by two episodes so don't know if he's been proven wrong yet.

http://television.cosmicbooknews.com...=zergnet_36807

Gypsy, wasted from the hips down. Melanie Dawn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MttStrn View Post
    Yay, my second favorite character from the comic is coming. Tyrese has been cast.

http://tvline.com/2012/11/20/walking...leman-tyreese/ They say there are spoilers if you click through. I didn't see any but beware nonetheless.

My favorite from the comic is Andrea but as I've said numerous times, they have ruined her on the show.

Also an interesting article about why one guy thinks Lori might still be alive somehow. I'm behind by two episodes so don't know if he's been proven wrong yet.

http://television.cosmicbooknews.com...=zergnet_36807
    There is no way Lori is alive, unless Carl lied.

practical experience, FTW chrysalnix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanie Dawn View Post

I can't help but wonder if Carl did lie about Lori. I guess I have to actually see the characters die before I believe it. She wasn't my favorite character, but still a shame if she did actually die. Remember how Merle cauterized his own arm? Maybe Lori did something similar to survive?

Digestion -- and building tissue out of what's digested -- require functioning internal organs and a working circulatory system. It requires, well, being alive. Just too much to swallow.

What I'd expect is for a walker, insatiably eating whatever animal he can wrestle down his throat, to gradually get more bloated -- full of rotting, undigested meat -- until he bursts. Which is disgusting.

Now, because I want to keep enjoying the show, I might posit (I guess this would be fanwanking) that walkers do have some kind of vestigial peristalsis that gradually pushes their meals through their bodies. (Filling their filthy pants with undigested, rotting animal and/or human parts.) Though you'd think Daryl would have commented on walker spoor.

We might also suppose walkers gradually grow thinner by simple dehydration.

All this, of course, is ignoring whatever utterly mysterious agent gets them upright and walking. Without respiration and blood circulation, their muscles can't be working the way a living person's do; the chemical mechanism must be quite different.

On a different subject -- whenever, in a movie or show, I see a bad guy (and I think we can call Merle a bad guy at this point) holding a hostage, gun to her head, but with his own face exposed, I wonder why the good guy (in this case Glenn) doesn't take the shot.

Then again, I've never had to try and make a trick shot while full of adrenaline and terrified at the possible imminent death of someone I care about. Also, Glenn's probably never committed an act of violence against a living person in his life. (Whereas Merle seems to be real comfortable with doing so.)

Gypsy, wasted from the hips down. Melanie Dawn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chrysalnix View Post
    I can't help but wonder if Carl did lie about Lori. I guess I have to actually see the characters die before I believe it. She wasn't my favorite character, but still a shame if she did actually die. Remember how Merle cauterized his own arm? Maybe Lori did something similar to survive?
    god don't say that! I want her to stay dead... at least Carol is alive.

Are you gonna finish that bacon? Vince524's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Manuel Royal View Post

On a different subject -- whenever, in a movie or show, I see a bad guy (and I think we can call Merle a bad guy at this point) holding a hostage, gun to her head, but with his own face exposed, I wonder why the good guy (in this case Glenn) doesn't take the shot.

Then again, I've never had to try and make a trick shot while full of adrenaline and terrified at the possible imminent death of someone I care about. Also, Glenn's probably never committed an act of violence against a living person in his life. (Whereas Merle seems to be real comfortable with doing so.)
    This I can answer. That would be an extremely difficult shot to make with a hand gun for someone like Glen who although may be a good shot with all the practice he's had, isn't about to be able to make it and not be at a greater risk of hitting Maggie who's in front of Merle. His hand wouldn't be 100% steady, Merle wouldn't be standing perfectly still and Maggie would also be moving.

There's a reason why police officers are taught to shoot for center body mass.

On the other hand, he shouldn't have surrendered his weapon. As long as he keeps his weapon on Merle, it's a standstill. If Merle kills Maggie, Glen kills Merle. Merle would therefore not shoot Maggie. It's a standoff. Of course, on TV, this never happens.

There is no way Lori is alive, even if Carl didn't shoot her. Nobody survives a c-section without proper surgical care and meds. She would have bled to death in a matter of minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by maggi90w1 View Post
    There is no way Lori is alive, even if Carl didn't shoot her. Nobody survives a c-section without proper surgical care and meds. She would have bled to death in a matter of minutes.
    I think this is why they haven't opted for showing us the gruesome details. Walker world or not, no one is surviving that. Though, now that I think about it, I remember that being a plot point in Spartacus, back when I use to watch it.

I echo everyone else about Daryl. He's the only one I've let myself get attached to, which made this last episode overly stressful for me. All I could think of was when a zombie was gonna jump out of nowhere and gnaw on the poor guy. I like to enjoy my shows; not be stressed out by them. As for everyone else, let 'em die; makes no difference to me.

Of course, this all means that Daryle will be dead next episode. And I'm kinda hoping that Merle dies or something before finding Daryl, because at this point all I can imagine coming from such a reunion is an extra episode of unneeded drama. Daryl's not remotely the same person he was when Merle got separated from the group, and in this day and age I have a hard time believing that 'brotherly bonds' would be enough to make Daryl leave the group. Because there is no chance that Merle's joining it. I might stop watching if that happens; either that or the writers better make it darned believable.

Show of hands: Who here was kindsortamaybealittlebit hoping that Rick shot Michonne when he saw her through the fence? Even though you knew there was no way it could happen?
    Casually Careful Book Reviews

WIPs
    The Girl in Red - 0 words so far
    When the King Falls - 260 wsf
    Controversy in Opal Canyon - unknown wsf
    Red Zone Grayford (working title...) - 1,760 wsf

Quote Originally Posted by VeryBigBeard View Post
    Voice changes with time. What feels natural is almost always best. Write like you would to your best friend.

all hail zombie babies! CrastersBabies's Avatar
    Good grief, someone smacked Andrea with the stupid stick a few too many times. I get her attraction to Shane, but this yahoo?

I like where it left off and am excited to see Rick and Michonne interact.

YAY for Carol!
    "That is hoity-toity nonsense." ~ Bufty

It occurs to me that Merle's stump cover-bayonet combo works like a short pata (the Indian gauntlet sword). (The actor, Michael Rooker, refers to the weapon as "Little Merle".)

IS IT SUNDAY YET?!

practical experience, FTW angeluscado's Avatar
    If Daryl dies, my house is not going to be a happy place for a few days.

Man, I hope Glenn and Maggie end up okay - I like both of them, Glenn because he's awesome and Maggie because I liked Lauren Cohan when she was on Supernatural.

Can't wait for the next episode, sad that we're almost halfway through the season already and I'm going to be sad when it goes on hiatus in a few months
    Writing is easy: All you do is sit staring at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead. - Gene Fowler

I haz a twitter
    Even though I don't tweet, just follow people...
    I blog... kinda

Page 75 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2550656970717273747576777879808185100125 ... LastLast