AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 171 of 171 FirstFirst ... 7196121146161165166167168169170171
Results 4,251 to 4,267 of 4267

Thread: The Walking Dead - AMC

All about that action, boss. ElaineA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by James D. Macdonald View Post
    I have a question...

Negan.

What's the point of talking to him? What does he have to say that Rick could possibly want to hear? Why doesn't Rick just shoot him the moment he's in range, and move on from there?
    From the moment Negan stepped out the door 'til the end of the episode I kept asking myself the same thing. It made no sense at all. They could have gotten the other 5 to surrender if Rick would've shot Negan right between the eyes before anyone uttered a sound.
    I have two Me's now

The IRL me:

Random tweety things @outtamylaine

And this other me:
    reneedominick.com and @Renee_Dominick on Twitter
    Also, this me is a contributor to kINKED, an Erotic Romance Anthology

practical experience, FTW
    i think it's to show the large following that their leader is a coward.
    killing negan isn't the answer to changing their mind...otherwise, it could have been done already. long before negan's group met rick's group.

remember how people starting doubting following the Gov'ner?
    this is all mind games...LOL

Your Genial Uncle Absolute Sage James D. Macdonald's Avatar
    I think it's because we're caught in an idiot plot: a plot that only works because all the characters are idiots.

I suspect that the rest of the season (or the next few episodes, anyway) will be showing how we got from the ending scene of last season to the opening scene of this one.

Making my own sunshine AW Moderator heyjude's Avatar
    I have a question...

Negan.

What's the point of talking to him? What does he have to say that Rick could possibly want to hear? Why doesn't Rick just shoot him the moment he's in range, and move on from there?

Rick has had no compunction about being judge/jury/executioner on any number of live humans so far in this series. Other than keeping a neat villain around for a bit longer what's the point of not dealing with him?
    About ten seconds after Negan appeared on the porch, I paused the video and took to the internet. Clearly I had missed something. Something big. Something that would explain why Rick hadn't shot him instantly. But the internet was full of WTF on this very issue. It is completely ununderstandable. ALL they had to do was have Negan hide behind someone, or the door. That's it. But no, they had to have him swagger around and chat.

Quote Originally Posted by heyjude View Post
    But no, they had to have him swagger around and chat.
    About his dick. Mustn't forget that. Edgy, and all.

I'm really tired of the reliance on flashbacks to build tension in this show. If we get several episodes working backward, as James predicts, I'm going to be one unhappy fan. If what happened is tense enough to show, give it to us in the natural timeline.
    I have two Me's now

The IRL me:

And this other me:

Resist. Love. Go outside. Marlys's Avatar
    I got so annoyed with the Negan stuff I tuned out of most of last season, then caught up at some point later. Just kill him already. It hasn't seemed to occur to the writers that there are other possible plots than just having yet another psychopathic baddie to fight.
    I'm a twit, too: @PearsonMarlys

practical experience, FTW Laurasaurus's Avatar
    It annoyed me at first that Rick didn't just shoot him on sight.
    But I guess that if he had, the war would have started right there and then. This way he got to make his offer that Negan's people could surrender, etc etc. And he did shoot Negan eventually, later in the scene, and on 7 of his countdown, the cheeky scamp.

But I think they could and should have shot the scene in a different way, which didn't make everyone watching shout JUST SHOOT HIM FOR FUCK'S SAKE at the screen.
    Contemporary novel Northwest of Normal out now

Sasha and Rosita had the right idea, last season: go find an advantageous location and sit there with a scoped rifle until Negan shows himself.

They proceed to mess it up, rather than just sit there, taking watches, four on and four off during the hours of daylight, sitting in a chair well back from the window with the weapon resting on a sand bag for stability, waiting for the shot. Maybe the shot is blocked today. Tomorrow it won't be. Take what time it needs. Today, tomorrow, next week, but get the shot, take it, and scram out of there before the echo fades.

But no....

But no....
    Too be fair, that would be damn boring TV.

At the end of the episode I seriously wondered if Negan had been shot, or if the person Rick thought was Negan was someone else. Because Negan was on his feet, walking and grinning when Gabriel scrambled inside, and not looking the least like he'd been shot. Not a grimace, a limp, or a bead of sweat.
    I have two Me's now

The IRL me:

And this other me:

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg Putputt's Avatar
    When Gabriel found himself in a small space with Negan and zombies outside, anyone else think: Okay, Gabriel, just throw open the damn door and end it all...?
    Kallithrix: "you're like pot noodle - you know it's dirty, unwholesome, trashy drunk food, but.... you just want it in your mouf"

Wee hippo has a message for everyone: DIIIIIE.

practical experience, FTW
    MORALES!

practical experience, FTW Laurasaurus's Avatar
    That was such a great ending! That actor must have been well happy to get the call after all this time.
    Contemporary novel Northwest of Normal out now

And that was ... dare I say it? ... a dead waste of Morales.

WTF, writers? Hey, give me a call.

I don't feel like there are writers anymore, just Nicotero and Gimple and Kirkman shouting GO THERE! RUN HERE! SHOOT! DUCK! OOH, PRETTY 'SPLOSION!

Nothing about the *story* makes any sense to me anymore, maybe because there doesn't seem to BE one.
    I have two Me's now

The IRL me:

And this other me:

Even the sphinx has eyes O_O Spooky's Avatar
    Lincoln is fascinating to watch but I have to say there are not many opportunities for other characters to shine or grow, several have just kinda stalled and are simply ''there'' y'know? The first three series had a lot of wonderful plot arcs and character conflicts smashing together all over the damn place. Sure the scope and brutality of their various journies have hardened the vast majority of the inhabitants of that twisted land at this point and much makes sense how it's panned out following rick's group and the meshing with various other factions but I do miss the group being a unit of interesting and complex humans interacting together, apart from Grimes there's not much to be bothered about beyond surface level. I love the tale of Morgan, wish they'd give us more than a damn single episode... Just recently that bloody Jesus being apprehensive about wasting that low life, made ZERO sense, he knew what the mission was when he set out, he's seen what these people are like, what they are part of and he stilln declines to blast him even after what he tried, I can do without that crap! Negan started out as a sublime presence but they've not really carried out what they started with, that first episode of the last season was absolutely beautiful, they are still capable of ten out of ten episodes here and there but consistency has been lacking for a while now.

I just re-watched Season One Episode One to remind myself why I like this series.

Resist. Love. Go outside. Marlys's Avatar
    Fuck this show. I'm out.
    I'm a twit, too: @PearsonMarlys

Page 171 of 171 FirstFirst ... 7196121146161165166167168169170171