Captain Power's Party Dirigible (complete with disco pool!)

timp67

Guinea pig in the laboratory of God
Registered
Reaction score
Butter croissants are still available!

But NATURALLY all the snickerdoodles are gone. And I am NOT running around in a cookie-fueled frenzy. :)

jilly61

aye aye in search of an agent
Registered
Reaction score
Am I the only one that doesn't know what a snickerdoodle is? They sound great. I'll have to try them one day.

Ivan_B

of Rassilon
Registered
Reaction score
*awakes* Crikey, is this party still going? You guys are ANIMALS! *hauls self up* *sips lemonade*

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Yay for Trader Joe's! While you're there stocking up on the chocolate croissants (by the way, they come in 4 packs. There's me and my 2 boys. Imagine the negotiations for who gets the last one...) They now have dark-chocolate covered pomegranate seeds. Doesn't sound like they'd be nearly as good as they are...

OMG. I have a handful sitting right next to me. Okay, my third handful so far. *munch, munch, munch*

BTW, back to the whole reason for this pig-out-- I sat up late last night reading the first 2 chapters. Tim, you're just a little bit crazy, you know that?

sissybaby

Registered
Reaction score
thanks, guys. They're supposed to open a couple of stores next year in the Kansas City area, which is still several hours from where I live, but I have family there, so when I visit them, I'll stop by.

In the meantime, I found several recipes for chocolate croissants that look easy, but I'm sure they won't be the same. They'll work in a crunch, though.

And jilly - you have to find a recipe and bake some snickerdoodles. They're so yummy! I had some Saturday morning at a ladies group I attended.

Now, let's get back to the party!!!!

Alanna B.

Um,yeah so... ok then.
Registered
Reaction score
Jilly- it is a crime that you haven't tasted a snickerdoodle. If you'd like I can pm you the recipe! :)

Sissy- your librarian story was awesome

Last edited:

Alanna B.

Um,yeah so... ok then.
Registered
Reaction score
Yay for Trader Joe's! While you're there stocking up on the chocolate croissants (by the way, they come in 4 packs. There's me and my 2 boys. Imagine the negotiations for who gets the last one...) They now have dark-chocolate covered pomegranate seeds. Doesn't sound like they'd be nearly as good as they are...

OMG. I have a handful sitting right next to me. Okay, my third handful so far. *munch, munch, munch*

BTW, back to the whole reason for this pig-out-- I sat up late last night reading the first 2 chapters. Tim, you're just a little bit crazy, you know that?

I think its safe to assume we're all a little on the batty side around here.;)

Alanna B.

Um,yeah so... ok then.
Registered
Reaction score
I think we should have held this party in the bouncy house- there's some crazy fun going on in there!

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I saw that there was a party going on in this thread.
Just thought I would peek in. :)

mmm snickerdoodles, I have a friend that brings me some every Christmas, it's almost snickerdoodle time! :D

Alanna B.

Um,yeah so... ok then.
Registered
Reaction score
I saw that there was a party going on in this thread.
Just thought I would peek in. :)

mmm snickerdoodles, I have a friend that brings me some every Christmas, it's almost snickerdoodle time! :D

BEST COOKIE EVER

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
BEST COOKIE EVER

True, I'm just too busy to bake so I only get 'em at Christmas. :D
Still warm...

and homemade fudge, chocolate covered pretzels, sugar cookies, and some things that I don't even know what they're called. She goes crazy during the Christmas season with baking.

Okay, I'm making myself hungry for sweets now...and Christmas is still a month away.

Lucky for me, I have leftover Halloween candy. :D

timp67

Guinea pig in the laboratory of God
Registered
Reaction score
night-flyer, you have just written my FAVORITE POST EVER. :)

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
:roll:

Kids were building snowmen today!! Hard to believe, it was in the seventies the day before yesterday, and then yesterday it rained, hailed, and then snowed. I guess winter is here, now. First snow.

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Kids were building snowmen today!! Hard to believe, it was in the seventies the day before yesterday, and then yesterday it rained, hailed, and then snowed. I guess winter is here, now. First snow.

Are you in Texas? I realize it's a HUGE state and that it does snow in parts of Texas, but the kids-building-snowmen-in-November is shocking me.

One of my friends in law school was from Houston, and I was with her when she witnessed her first snow. She wasn't pleased by the snow AT ALL. :D

It's nice today in Kentucky. I'm going to go spend far too much money in a minute... it's good shopping weather. :D

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Are you in Texas? I realize it's a HUGE state and that it does snow in parts of Texas, but the kids-building-snowmen-in-November is shocking me.

One of my friends in law school was from Houston, and I was with her when she witnessed her first snow. She wasn't pleased by the snow AT ALL. :D

It's nice today in Kentucky. I'm going to go spend far too much money in a minute... it's good shopping weather. :D

This isn't our first snow, just the first one for the season. ;) I have relatives who live in California, and they had never seen snow until they visited here.

Yes, Texas it is. It usually starts snowing in October here, but this year Halloween was actually nice. We get some pretty bad winters, I'm hoping since the cold started a month late that maybe it won't be so bad this year. Keeping fingers crossed, I hate driving in the ice and snow.

Houston is further south, and east of where I live, I'm closer to Oklahoma.

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Time to break out more cookies!

The Boy Who Howled now has its official RenLearn/Accelerated Reader quiz!

It is considered a 5.9 grade level and is worth 9 points. Way to go, timp!

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Woo hoo!! :D

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score

Snickerdoodles for Timp, :hooray:

IMG_1251.jpg

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
I want to dive into my computer nekkid and not come out until I'm covered in crumbs.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score

I think I'll just grab me a cookie, before that happens.

*tries to get image of that out of head*

"Dashing through the snow"...uh, nope.

"Oh, come all ye faithful"...no, now I picture several nekked people in the cookies.

ugh

*exits thread*