• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] Blood Bound Books

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
No, but I followed your link and I have to say I love that they have an anthology for sale for $6.66 :D.

PortableHal

Not-so-new
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.marsneedswriters.com
I don't know BBB, either. I Amazon'ed their books and they sound pretty interesting. But if they pay only 3/4 cent per word for your story, you're collecting $7.50 for a 1,000 word piece. Is there any royalty action in there, too, or is the $7.50 all you get?

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I think it is a flat fee. I sent them a story I had that was a bit too weird for my normal markets. It will be in their upcoming Steamy Screams anthology. A token payment but I knew that going in.

Foinah

Smoking Monkey Smart Arse
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
I just got short listed for their Night Terrors II anthology. Should have an answer by the end of August.

I have no idea what the publishing deal is...heh. I think I'll get two cents a word, but have no idea on royalties. Hope I'm not jinxing myself ;-)

K. Trap Jones

Once upon a midnight dreary...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ktrapjones.com
I just signed with Blood Bound Books. My novel 'The Sinner' is slated for release Summer 2012.

I have to say that I am very impressed with BBB and look forward to working with them.

Foinah

Smoking Monkey Smart Arse
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
I just signed with Blood Bound Books. My novel 'The Sinner' is slated for release Summer 2012.

I have to say that I am very impressed with BBB and look forward to working with them.

Congratulations!!!!!

In the end I didn't make the cut (heh) for the anthology, but BBB looks like a great place to have a book deal!

JP Walters

Registered
Reaction score
I received a very nice personal rejection from BBB a few days ago. I was disappointed that my novella wasn't a good fit for them, but they offered some great feedback and suggestions and it sounded like they liked it otherwise. I'd definitely consider submitting to them again in the future.

Klotho

I sold a novel to them late last year for release sometime in the first half of this year. So far it's been a great process, very transparent, and the editing is top notch. The contract is fairly standard, no advance, but generous royalties. I've been in personal contact with Marc Ciccarone and he's professional. I will update with my experiences, but I am confident they will be positive.

I'm not sure why my user name is "Klotho," it seems to have been reset. I'm going to try to change it back to my real name, which is Nikki Hopeman.

dale hollin

Registered
Reaction score
i was curious about this publisher for my novella. i believe there's already a thread here about them from some time ago i looked over, but as they don't open for novel/novella subs till may; glad to see someone started a new one.

Eltondiva

Effieron Empress
Registered
Reaction score
Yay! Blood Bound Books has requested a full four days ago. Only four months to wait for the outcome. They are open to Submissions until 31October2013 for any interested parties.

dondomat

Banned
Reaction score
Congratulations! They're one of the few 'pulp horror' publishers like Dark Fuse, Black Death, and Necro, who appear to know and treasure what they do. Hope you have nice promo and sales.

blue_aura12

Registered
Reaction score
so they look awesome BUT all three of the editors say "we don't want vampire books" and i wrote a vampire book. goddamnit.

blue_aura12

Registered
Reaction score
i figured, since they have to same idea with werewolves and zombies. wasn't even gonna bother with the "but mine is different!" approach (even though it is! haha)