The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Publisher] Blood Bound Books

Thought I'd stop by

[Publisher] Blood Bound Books

I've written a story for possible submission to Blood Bound Books . Anybody here dealt with them?

No, but I followed your link and I have to say I love that they have an anthology for sale for $6.66 .
    Why doesn't George R. R. Martin use Twitter? He already killed off all 140 characters.

I don't know BBB, either. I Amazon'ed their books and they sound pretty interesting. But if they pay only 3/4 cent per word for your story, you're collecting $7.50 for a 1,000 word piece. Is there any royalty action in there, too, or is the $7.50 all you get?
    "Life isn't fair. It's just fairer than death, that's all." -- William Goldman, The Princess Bride

volitare nequeo AW Moderator veinglory's Avatar
    I think it is a flat fee. I sent them a story I had that was a bit too weird for my normal markets. It will be in their upcoming Steamy Screams anthology. A token payment but I knew that going in.
    Emily Veinglory

Smoking Monkey Smart Arse Foinah's Avatar
    I just got short listed for their Night Terrors II anthology. Should have an answer by the end of August.

I have no idea what the publishing deal is...heh. I think I'll get two cents a word, but have no idea on royalties. Hope I'm not jinxing myself ;-)
    Release date 10/24/2014
    ebook and print

Yes...I have an author site! It's keen!
    Short stories available for amazon kindle : Support my coffee habit
    Smoking Monkeys have all the fun. Yes, yes we do. Smoking Simian Scribbles (pssst, it's a blog)

Stop in, have a cup of tea and a smile, and say Hello in the Pagan Forum

Once upon a midnight dreary... K. Trap Jones's Avatar
    I just signed with Blood Bound Books. My novel 'The Sinner' is slated for release Summer 2012.

I have to say that I am very impressed with BBB and look forward to working with them.
    "As I walk alone hell, my mind becomes my only ally...and even he cannot be trusted."

I write because my characters won't leave me alone...

Twitter: @ktrapjones
    Facebook: KTrap Jones

Smoking Monkey Smart Arse Foinah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K. Trap Jones View Post
    I just signed with Blood Bound Books. My novel 'The Sinner' is slated for release Summer 2012.

I have to say that I am very impressed with BBB and look forward to working with them.
    Congratulations!!!!!

In the end I didn't make the cut (heh) for the anthology, but BBB looks like a great place to have a book deal!
    Release date 10/24/2014
    ebook and print

Yes...I have an author site! It's keen!
    Short stories available for amazon kindle : Support my coffee habit
    Smoking Monkeys have all the fun. Yes, yes we do. Smoking Simian Scribbles (pssst, it's a blog)

Stop in, have a cup of tea and a smile, and say Hello in the Pagan Forum

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin JP Walters's Avatar
    I received a very nice personal rejection from BBB a few days ago. I was disappointed that my novella wasn't a good fit for them, but they offered some great feedback and suggestions and it sounded like they liked it otherwise. I'd definitely consider submitting to them again in the future.

Any new info or insights? They have a "Meet the Staff" page up now.
    http://bloodboundbooks.net/bloodboundbooks/?page_id=297

Black belt in awesome scorpiodragon's Avatar
    It looks like they are paying more per word for their latest anthology call.
    "Happiness isn't good enough for me. I demand euphoria!" ~ Calvin & Hobbes

Klotho
    I sold a novel to them late last year for release sometime in the first half of this year. So far it's been a great process, very transparent, and the editing is top notch. The contract is fairly standard, no advance, but generous royalties. I've been in personal contact with Marc Ciccarone and he's professional. I will update with my experiences, but I am confident they will be positive.

I'm not sure why my user name is "Klotho," it seems to have been reset. I'm going to try to change it back to my real name, which is Nikki Hopeman.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin dale hollin's Avatar
    i was curious about this publisher for my novella. i believe there's already a thread here about them from some time ago i looked over, but as they don't open for novel/novella subs till may; glad to see someone started a new one.

Yay! Blood Bound Books has requested a full four days ago. Only four months to wait for the outcome. They are open to Submissions until 31October2013 for any interested parties.
    “You cannot please everyone with your deeds and your art, please a few. To please many is bad.”

Banned
    Congratulations! They're one of the few 'pulp horror' publishers like Dark Fuse, Black Death, and Necro, who appear to know and treasure what they do. Hope you have nice promo and sales.

practical experience, FTW
    so they look awesome BUT all three of the editors say "we don't want vampire books" and i wrote a vampire book. goddamnit.

So many ideas, never enough time. michael_b's Avatar
    Vampire books are popular fodder in romance, but are considered cliche in the horror genre.
    Michael Barnette
    Fiction with an Erotic Edge
    LiveJournal Twitter Facebook
    I do NaNoWriMo
    Worth More than Words available now from Dreamspinner Press
    In the Heart of Love-Coming Soon
    SOLD: Nikki's Dragon-short story anthology to Fireborn Publishing

practical experience, FTW
    i figured, since they have to same idea with werewolves and zombies. wasn't even gonna bother with the "but mine is different!" approach (even though it is! haha)

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: