• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Infinity Publishing

PVish

Cat hair collector
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peevishpen.blogspot.com
Just received an email promo from Infinity:
hot-summer-savings---blow-out

Let's see—a "special" on a marketing package for only $495!
A basic book trailer? (What the heck is a "basic" one?)
500 Facebook friends? (Where would these be from?)
10 Book reviews? (On Amazon and Goodreads. My mind boggles as I wonder where these might come from. Will they even mention the title of the book?)

I think I'll pass on this one. And any other ones. (And my last book from Infinity was in 2007!)

FluffBunny

Disapproving plot bun disapproves.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Third burrow on your left. Your other left.
At least you're safe from 500 "friends"--it's actually 500 FB "likes". I wonder how many people they have working on that. Or is it one lone intern tapping them out with a pencil gripped in his/her teeth because all his/her fingers are blistered?

To be fair, I've never seen a book trailer from Infinity (Basic or...Splendiferous? Improved?). "Basic" sounds like it ought to involve hand shadows, but I'm sure it probably doesn't. :)

PVish

Cat hair collector
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peevishpen.blogspot.com
The latest promo from Infinity (shades of PA?):
It's Christmas in July and Infinity Publishing is gifting our authors with incredible promotional discounts. Don't miss out on some of the hottest offers of the year!

International Emmy's Awards eBook and Audiobook Promotion.

Take the first step to market your book to Hollywood TODAY! VIP Gift Bag Promotion!

Authors interested in getting their book in front of industry decision makers, celebrities and the media need to look no further. $125 gets your eBook featured in the 2013 International Emmy's Awards VIP gift bag on the Kindle Fire HD. Additional online listing of your title among NY Times Bestsellers. SPACE IS LIMITED!!!
. . . and their regularly $795 marketing package is now on sale for only $495. Think I'll pass on both these offers. . . .

PVish

Cat hair collector
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peevishpen.blogspot.com
Received an email from Infinity along with my royalty statement today. Part of it read:
Beginning July 1st, 2015, all book orders of 20 to 99 units will be charged a $25 shipping fee. All book orders of 100 to 249 units will incur a $50 fee. In most cases, your shipping cost is still much lower than actual fee from the shipper. For orders of 250 or more units, an individual shipping fee based on the weight of the shipment will be calculated.
For years Infinity offered free shipping, making it a cut above other vanity presses that didn't. Then Infinity added a "handling fee." Now, it ooks like they've been taking lessons from other vanity publishers. It would be in my best interest to pull my books (all collections of previously published material) and republish via Createspace.

A decade ago, Infinity was one of the better vanities. Not any more.

PVish

Cat hair collector
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peevishpen.blogspot.com
Even thought I've severed my ties to Infinity, I still keep getting their offers. The one in today's mail:
[h=2]Discover your target readers, where to reach them—and save $50 when you do it[/h][FONT=&quot]If you knew which authors your writing most resembles, wouldn't you like to tell their fans about your book, too? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now it's fast and easy to discover who those authors are—and where you can reach their fans.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ScoreIt! is the breakthrough online tool that compares your writing style to best-selling contemporary and classical authors. In an instant online session, it assesses the retail sales potential of your book and recommends how to position it for discovery by the fans of authors your writing resembles.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We've teamed up with the creators of ScoreIt! to make this invaluable tool available to Infinity authors for $49.95—$50 off the regular price. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Order by October 31 and get a free 15 minute call with a ScoreIt! analyst to discuss how to use your results to help sell your book. [/FONT]
For some reason, this reminds me of the old Publish America tactics.

Note: I severed my ties with Infinity last year—or tried to. However, two of my books still remain on Amazon as new copies available.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
In '16, teamed with Fast Pencil to underpin Bowker's automated publishing services. (press release)